ADVERTISEMENT

2018 recruiting thread

Dax Hollifield says his leader changes daily and recent recruiting efforts have him thinking about representing his home state in college.

Dax also said in an interview that UNC coaches go way above and beyond the other recruiters. Coach Deke spent all day at his school then followed him an hr away to a track meet.... I think we are getting this kid

He also likes Florida, FSU, Stanford, some big competition. I think getting him partly hinges on other big names in this class

I've had Dax in the Zamir White "no chance" category until a few weeks ago. Now I think we have a puncher's chance.

It would piss me off if he went to Virginia Tech. Stanford as a new player in all this makes me uneasy.

Reactions: matt 1976
Dax says his favorite changes everyday one days it's us the next it's south Carolina the next v-tech the next it's FSU the next it's UF he said right now he is feeling g Notre Dame... Only cause he spoke to them last

The more we can pull from Virginia, while keeping dyami and Payton at home, the tougher job recruiting-wise for UVA and VTech, cause there just isn't much elite talent in that state this yr.

Yeah it worked out great for us and him (although we could use him this upcoming year).

Anybody got a read on this California QB Brevin White?

He really likes the heels we quit recruiting him for a time because we thought he wouldn't really have inretest in UNC being that he is a Cali kid and it's literally clear across the Nation. That apparently wasn't the case he and his dad reached out to us so we have a chsnce there although I think distance is a still a concern here

He really likes the heels we quit recruiting him for a time because we thought he wouldn't really have inretest in UNC being that he is a Cali kid and it's literally clear across the Nation. That apparently wasn't the case he and his dad reached out to us so we have a chsnce there although I think distance is a still a concern here
Just seems we are floundering a bit when it comes to getting another QB in the program. Couldn't close on any 2017 guys and now our top 2018 target is (probably) going to choose TCU.

Just seems we are floundering a bit when it comes to getting another QB in the program. Couldn't close on any 2017 guys and now our top 2018 target is (probably) going to choose TCU.

I think that changes with with tribusky getting drafted number 2 over all. Keep in mind d that there is also a yr or two delay with that case I. Point this yr we are receiving g I terest from 4* across the board that is because of the 11-3 season it takes a minute to have a big impact. Patience man we will get our guy

Our other remaining main Target , Tanner McKee from CA enjoyed his visit , but is a long shot at best and being a Mormon would tend to favor BYU. Heels already looking at 2 2019 in state QB's Garret Shrader from Charlotte Christian and Sam Howell from Sun Valley.

Tanner McKee is going on a mission for two yrs prior to playing... so he's essentially a 2020 QB recruit.

I also read we're taking two QBs this cycle, I assume that would not include a missionary like Tanner.

After Rogers , White and McKee looks like a lot of projects on the UNC board.
We don't need projects. We should be past that point, given Fedora's offense numbers and his tutelage of Trubisky into the second overall pick. We have a QB-friendly system that can still get you drafted high if you've got the talent and measurements.

I want to get to the point where guys like Emory Jones (5***** dual-threat from Heard County, Ga.) are picking Carolina instead of Ohio State.

Since we didn't take any in 2017, I guess taking two makes sense considering how much Fed loves to have QBs on the roster and considering we aren't getting a 5* or even a high 4*

Fall 2018 Brandon Harris will be gone, and it kinda seems Fed isn't in love with Elliot's ability as a starter (yet) or we wouldn't be bringing in Brandon Harris.

So I say take two even if they are closer to projects than studs, hope at least one develops into a really good long-term option.

Fall 2018 Brandon Harris will be gone, and it kinda seems Fed isn't in love with Elliot's ability as a starter (yet) or we wouldn't be bringing in Brandon Harris.
I don't think you can necessarily conclude that from Harris' transfer. Without Harris, we would only have three legitimate QB options (not counting Manny Miles here), which leaves you really thin in a system like ours where the QB runs a fair amount.

That being said, it's not like we currently have a Deshaun Watson currently in our QB stable. Hopefully Elliott or Byrd or Surratt develops into a stud.

I don't think you can necessarily conclude that from Harris' transfer. Without Harris, we would only have three legitimate QB options (not counting Manny Miles here), which leaves you really thin in a system like ours where the QB runs a fair amount.
I think you can easily conclude that Fed isn't in love with the starter ability of Elliot.

It seems Elliot/Byrd/Surratt are close to even in the race. If they were all equivalent and Fed felt great about Elliot's starter ability then your logic would mean he also felt great about Byrd/Surrat's starter ability. If true, then he would've informed Harris that he could potentially be the 4th best QB once he got here, and Harris would've said no thanks.

We made Devon Lawrence's top 5. I'd like him and maybe Mychale S. I heard Clemson is partly looking at Devon defensively - safety.

Seems we might be in the mix for Ronnie Walker too, and these guys all have pretty nice offer lists.

Reactions: Archer2
We haven't given up on Justin Fields. I'm sure every team is still pinging him, but we're bugging him enough to at least get name-dropped in the list of teams that are 'still contacting him' . Named 7 schools and we were one of them. I assume he's still firm to PSU, but i like that Heck & co are still trying.

We made Devon Lawrence's top 5. I'd like him and maybe Mychale S. I heard Clemson is partly looking at Devon defensively - safety.

Seems we might be in the mix for Ronnie Walker too, and these guys all have pretty nice offer lists.
Recent CB pick for Salahuddin and Jahmir Smith says UNC is definitely in it.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
UNC offers 2018 QB Cammon Cooper from UT #27 Pro 6'4" 202 3* also offered by UGa and others. No offer from BYU so assuming he's not a Mormon. Is that OK to say?

Reactions: Archer2
According to an analyst from another site , who spent an hour with Dax , UNC is the "current" team to beat for Dax Hollifield.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT