ADVERTISEMENT

2020 recruiting and commitments

It's a very solid class at this point. Land Evans and Conley and my ranking is top 10.. don't care what the experts say.

it's easy to spot the top five recruiting classes with their long list of 4 and 5 star kids. but it's difficult to distinguish classes 11-20 because we don't know who the sleepers are among the 3 stars. i trust our new staff to find the undervalued 3 stars kids. i'm thrilled with a top 20 class, and even higher rated classes coming the next few years!

What about Conley...Very important for Mack to establish Eastern N.C. again...They play good football down that way...And UNC has had some players when Mack was here before....

What about Conley...Very important for Mack to establish Eastern N.C. again...They play good football down that way...And UNC has had some players when Mack was here before....
Conley is definitely more important for us than Hemingway. Perhaps the main part of it is where he's from. Part of it is that we have a really nice group of 2020 commits on the DL already.

Reactions: Raising Heel
@KOOL123, we are the favorites to get a commitment from Conley. He is supposedly announcing tonight at 1930.

Last edited:
Really good Tar Heel football always has really good D.

Conley is another potential star on the Tar Heel D.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Success breeds success. Conley says that one of the things that led him to commit to UNC was seeing film on other UNC commitments. He wants to play with guys like that, because they will help him get better.

Next year, our D will still be young, because a number of true freshman could make the 2-deep. But it will have depth of talent. By 2021, our D will be even deeper and more talented and have sound experience.

I think we add Des Evans to this class as well. If Bateman is half the DC I hope and think he is, we’re going to have one hell of a defense in a couple of years. That’s very exciting to this ol’ man.

Come on and be a part of it Des.

I think we add Des Evans to this class as well. If Bateman is half the DC I hope and think he is, we’re going to have one hell of a defense in a couple of years. That’s very exciting to this ol’ man.

Come on and be a part of it Des.
Evans is the final piece to a class that could be the basis of a team that wins the ACC and makes the playoffs.

And the 2021 class could be ranked even higher.

Reactions: Archer2
Reactions: Archer2
I think we are fine at LB just young..Chazz is going to be a beast...
Chazz has really good instincts which is obviously important for a linebacker. He (and Gemmel) just need to get better at defeating blocks and finishing tackles. They’re both inexperienced so hopefully they improve with more reps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT