ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting Thread

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...-leftovers-jt-thor-emoni-bates-shaka-s-future

Purdue and Stanford are two of his top suitors, while Kansas, Memphis and Texas Tech are a few others to monitor, but no one has picked up more ground within his recruitment this winter than North Carolina. The Heels first hosted him last month for its game against Duke before offering him a week later. The interest is strong on both ends. If anyone can pull him away from the two highly respected academic schools, it is North Carolina.

Someone named Creighton Lebo just announced for the Heels? A walk on maybe?
I don't think it works that way. I think you need to be invited, or asked to join, or offered a scholarship or a walk on position. Unless matters have changed and you can just announce. Heck, maybe it would work for me. Ok, here it goes:
I'm announcing now for the Tar Heels next year. Although not heavily recruiting (in fact not recruited at all), and pushing 60 years of age (or more), I am convinced I can add something to the team and look forward to suiting up in the starting lineup next year. Roy, come watch me shoot in the backyard. I need a handler, anyone out there can help me? Oh, my shoe size is 12 for any shoe deals that anyone may want to negotiate for me.

Reactions: Archer2
We should have 6 spots for the 2021 class, right? That's assuming that only one of this year's class is OAD (Love?) and that Bacot is ready to move on after 2 years.

I'm going to assume that we have 6 for 2021. I think the scholarship players on the roster that will be here at the beginning of the 2021-2022 season are:

RJ
Ant
Leaky
Kessler
Sharpe
Puff
KW

But I think Lebo will end up getting a scholarship. Roy isn't going to get another 6 man class after just bringing in a 6 man class. I just don't see it. So I'm think 4-5 in the 2021 class. My list includes:

Styles - already in. Beastly 3/4 who is more 4 than 3 right now.
Sallis - combo guard in the Coby mold
Ingram - not elite athlete but very skilled 3/4 - Jabari Parkerish
Mutombo - ranked around 50 but likes us and could be a development big

We should have 6 spots for the 2021 class, right? That's assuming that only one of this year's class is OAD (Love?) and that Bacot is ready to move on after 2 years.

I'm going to assume that we have 6 for 2021. I think the scholarship players on the roster that will be here at the beginning of the 2021-2022 season are:

RJ
Ant
Leaky
Kessler
Sharpe
Puff
KW

But I think Lebo will end up getting a scholarship. Roy isn't going to get another 6 man class after just bringing in a 6 man class. I just don't see it. So I'm think 4-5 in the 2021 class. My list includes:

Styles - already in. Beastly 3/4 who is more 4 than 3 right now.
Sallis - combo guard in the Coby mold
Ingram - not elite athlete but very skilled 3/4 - Jabari Parkerish
Mutombo - ranked around 50 but likes us and could be a development big

Manley would be a senior in 2021-22 since he got his redshirt this season.

So yeah, 5 spots assuming a OAD and Bacot gone. Agree with you on Roy avoiding another big class, I'd say he's trying to bring in 4. 3 spots since we have Styles already on board.

I'd sign up for the 4 man class you listed in a freaking heartbeat.

Manley would be a senior in 2021-22 since he got his redshirt this season.

So yeah, 5 spots assuming a OAD and Bacot gone. Agree with you on Roy avoiding another big class, I'd say he's trying to bring in 4. 3 spots since we have Styles already on board.

I'd sign up for the 4 man class you listed in a freaking heartbeat.

Yes. I forgot to list Manley even though I had remembered his redshirt. I think he'll be very good for us his senior year IF he can get healthy.

If my list were to come to fruition, our depth chart would look like this:

PG - RJ, Sallis
SG - Ant, KW
SF - Leaky, Puff, Ingram
PF - Kessler, Styles
C - Sharpe, Manley, Mutombo

There's obviously some overlap as Sallis can play the 2, Leaky can play the 1 or the 4 in a pinch, Styles and Ingram can play both forward spots, etc. But that's how I'd see it in a more black and white way. That would allow for us to take one more. If we did look at class of 5, I'd say our strategy would be to get another bona fide scorer at the 2. Thoughts?

Last edited:
I'm interested in how Zaire Williams & Stanford does this season. Stanford is one of the precived favorites for Harrison Ingram. With Ingram being a wing and being a 4.0 grade point student. Stanford & Williams success this year could strengthen their position for Ingram if he takes a wait and see approach before he commits.

Any interest in Cesare Edwards? Out of SC kid is 6’10” with perimeter skills and pretty aggressive. Seen him last year at a college elite camp and we was dominant. Has offers from everyone except bluebloods it would appear including FSU today. Any insiders know if UNC has any interest?

I'd love to see Jabari Smith and Efton Reid, both 6'10"... we have been in on them last year a bit...

Yes. I forgot to list Manley even though I had remembered his redshirt. I think he'll be very good for us his senior year IF he can get healthy.

If my list were to come to fruition, our depth chart would look like this:

PG - RJ, Sallis
SG - Ant, KW
SF - Leaky, Puff, Ingram
PF - Kessler, Styles
C - Sharpe, Manley, Mutombo

There's obviously some overlap as Sallis can play the 2, Leaky can play the 1 or the 4 in a pinch, Styles and Ingram can play both forward spots, etc. But that's how I'd see it in a more black and white way. That would allow for us to take one more. If we did look at class of 5, I'd say our strategy would be to get another bona fide scorer at the 2. Thoughts?

Agree with scorer at the 2 but I'm hoping one of Ant/KW shows out enough next year to where it's more of a nice to have thing.

I think the starters/reserves are so up in the air but I think Ingram starts right away if he continues to be a top 15 recruit. Sallis I think would also push RJ.

Actually, my mind is kinda breaking trying to think of it because I don't see RJ, Leaky, Ingram, or Sallis on the bench to start the games so I have no idea. Agree with you on Kessler/Sharpe and on them being monsters for us as sophomores.

The other video I watched were mostly 3's and it is a highlight tape, but that stroke looks pure !!

He just moved to Fayetteville last year (from Tuscon), so we may not have the home field advantage like we do with other NC recruits. He definitely looks like a talent though. A diamond in the rough no longer.

Just wanted to put this out. Roy is in the market for a 2021 2-guard. We are rumored interested in several and have 2/3 offers out depending on how you view combo guards.

There is a rising senior in Oklahoma, who has been rated from 30-50 nationally, viewed as a combo guard, and runner up to Bryce Thompson for player of the year in 19-20(as a junior). He is a high 4 star and "loves" UNC. Parents love dook.

I contacted TOS and Sherrell did an article on UNC being his, "Dream School". I was hoping Sherrell had contacts inside Carolinas recruiting operation that knew why a lack of interest. Sherell just wrote the article from the recruits viewpoint, no Carolina input. Trey Alexander is the player and is an elite student, high character individual. He fits the Carolina mold. Not sure why we just offered a wing rated 142 and the only contact Trey has received is with Kendalls social media check ins. I can only figure for some reason, we aren't interested.

Trey has many high level D1 offers(just adding Kansas). He is not the type of player scared of competing for playing time, so a deep roster is not an issue. We were his dream school but we must be all or nothing on Keels(with Dunn at 142 as a fall back option).

Who knows, maybe if Keels commits to UVA(crystal ball), we may have a change of heart on Alexander. Carolina has been missing on knock down shooting 2 guards.

Just wanted to put this out. Roy is in the market for a 2021 2-guard. We are rumored interested in several and have 2/3 offers out depending on how you view combo guards.

There is a rising senior in Oklahoma, who has been rated from 30-50 nationally, viewed as a combo guard, and runner up to Bryce Thompson for player of the year in 19-20(as a junior). He is a high 4 star and "loves" UNC. Parents love dook.

I contacted TOS and Sherrell did an article on UNC being his, "Dream School". I was hoping Sherrell had contacts inside Carolinas recruiting operation that knew why a lack of interest. Sherell just wrote the article from the recruits viewpoint, no Carolina input. Trey Alexander is the player and is an elite student, high character individual. He fits the Carolina mold. Not sure why we just offered a wing rated 142 and the only contact Trey has received is with Kendalls social media check ins. I can only figure for some reason, we aren't interested.

Trey has many high level D1 offers(just adding Kansas). He is not the type of player scared of competing for playing time, so a deep roster is not an issue. We were his dream school but we must be all or nothing on Keels(with Dunn at 142 as a fall back option).

Who knows, maybe if Keels commits to UVA(crystal ball), we may have a change of heart on Alexander. Carolina has been missing on knock down shooting 2 guards.
Probably a lack of not seeing him. Had the real period been open he probably gets a hard look

That is different from what he said in interview.
Thats just like an intro article and this is coming from someone loosely affiliated with the team. Its not by any means a done deal but wors I got was they felt like this kid wasn't gonna wait to long to snap up the spot

Last edited:
I wonder if how he feels we stand with Keels will have any impact on him either jumping on it, or taking a wait and see approach? Or maybe none at all ?

Eric Bossi said he would have soared up the rankings, if able to play in front of coaches. I wouldn't get too caught up in his ranking. From the looks of it, Dunn as some real game. That stroke is pure, and look to be improving his handle. Would be pumped if he joined Styles to start the 2021 class

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT