ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas will test us!

FlaTarHeel

Hall of Famer
Feb 21, 2017
Especially on the perimeter.

1. Our guards/wings must be strong with the ball. The Hogs will claw, grab, reach, you name it. Many times it will go uncalled.

2. This Arkansas team has shooters, very ATHLETIC wings, but they can and will take poor shots while making the game look like street ball.

3. We will need to keep the TO's low, beat the press and knock down open looks.

*They want revenge, we want to another NC!

#35 on Kenpom. Easily the highest-ranked team we've played so far (Stanford is #75).

Especially on the perimeter.

1. Our guards/wings must be strong with the ball. The Hogs will claw, grab, reach, you name it. Many times it will go uncalled.

2. This Arkansas team has shooters, very ATHLETIC wings, but they can and will take poor shots while making the game look like street ball.

3. We will need to keep the TO's low, beat the press and knock down open looks.

*They want revenge, we want to another NC!
Yeah, I was really hoping we'd get Okie --- thought that would be an easier game for us. Not looking forward to another Mike Anderson hack-a-thon. We don't have big Kennedy or Hicks to manhandle their physical Bigs. And of course Arky has the intangble "revenge" factor going. Unfortunately, officiating will be a key.

On the plus side, watching Arky tonight they didn't stop the ball once in transition --- if they give JB and/or Theo holes like that on our break it'll be a long nght for them. That said, we'd better clean the defensive glass if we're gonna take advantage there.

One last thing: Last March Arky's Guards tried to mug JB and take advantage of his gimpy ankles. It would not surprise me if Joel took exception to that behavior --- and sometimes mean dogs have long memories. Jes sayin'... o_O:cool:

Yeah, I was really hoping we'd get Okie --- thought that would be an easier game for us. Not looking forward to another Mike Anderson hack-a-thon. We don't have big Kennedy or Hicks to manhandle their physical Bigs. And of course Arky has the intangble "revenge" factor going. Unfortunately, officiating will be a key.
Hope we don't get stuck with the dook/Portland St crew.
These people have no shame, none whatsoever.

Cant give them open threes. If we guard the three, we should be fine. If we don't, we could lose.

The good news is that their bigs are foul prone, too.

I expect both teams to try to get the other guy's bigs in foul trouble. We might have an advantage in that contest because we have 1 more big (unless Osabuohien is back).

The other good news is that one of their 2 main bigs (Thompson) isn't a good foul shooter. So if we try to get him to foul, but it goes against us, it may still be to our advantage.

The good news is that their bigs are foul prone, too.

I expect both teams to try to get the other guy's bigs in foul trouble. We might have an advantage in that contest because we have 1 more big (unless Osabuohien is back).

The other good news is that one of their 2 main bigs (Thompson) isn't a good foul shooter. So if we try to get him to foul, but it goes against us, it may still be to our advantage.
Unfortunately sometimes the more aggressive guys get the calls. Our kids can't be passive --- hafta give as good as they get.

Reactions: FlaTarHeel
This is one of those games when I really wish Cam could play. Both teams are going to play a lot of small ball (just my guess) and Cam gives us more fire power in our rotation.

Plenty of hogs came to my family's Thanksgiving feast too! Hopefully these Hogs will suffer the same fate!
Go Tar Heels!

Reactions: FlaTarHeel
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT