ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson at UNC——Saturday 11 January 2020

BRob hitting everything he throws up. One area of concern has to be our inability to stop the dribble. Any time Clemson slowed down long enough in the half court to attack us 1-1 off the dribble, they got to the basket with ease and scored. We’ve got to be better there in half 2.

Play with the same intensity and have even one more guy start hitting some shots and the streak will stay alive. I had a feeling Clemson would start hitting some shots, but if we can keep them from making a bunch of 3’s, we have a chance to win it.

I’d love to see us go after Simms. He’s the one guy that can cause us trouble in there second half, IMHO.

Francis is broken anyway. I love the kid and his effort and drive. But, he's got serious injury issues that will only make him prone to more. Same goes for Harris. They've got serious injuries and LONG rehab periods. They'll never be able to be relied upon for long-term participation, and vital aspects of their bodies are compromised now.

Sad but true, especially for Francis. Very few recover to be much of anything from the type of leg injury he experienced.

Not sure why Bacot didnt just grab that rebound.

Despite all our shortcomings, Bacot continues to come up short for me in terms of consistency. He goes through stretches where I’m not sure effort is there and he continues to have no touch around the basket. He could be really really good for us with consistent effort and some touch around the basket.

Despite all our shortcomings, Bacot continues to come up short for me. He goes through stretches where I’m not sure effort is there and he continues to have no touch around the basket.
I reckon he has potential to be a very good college center and a descent pro... but his college ceiling will take more than one season.

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
Francis is broken anyway. I love the kid and his effort and drive. But, he's got serious injury issues that will only make him prone to more. Same goes for Harris. They've got serious injuries and LONG rehab periods. They'll never be able to be relied upon for long-term participation, and vital aspects of their bodies are compromised now.

I hate it for Frances, but he is no where near the player he was in high school.

Bacot wants the ball. I like it. Wish he’d have made the basket, but I’ll take the foul. Now make the FT’s big man!

Bacot wants the ball. I like it. Wish he’d have made the basket, but I’ll take the foul. Now make the FT’s big man!
He’s not using the backboard on his close in shots... falling away after the shove he has a better chance if he kisses it off the glass.

I’m most perplexed by our “help” D. We have started to help even when a ball handler isn’t even driving. Almost anticipating him beating our defense. Not good.

The BRob pass was off the mark, but Brooks made the best of it - 3 point play the old way

If they hadn't Clemson for fouling Bacot the 2nd time, Roy would have burst a gasket.

Bacot with the jam, but no foul, Tiggers make a 3 on the other end and Bacot gets the foul and heads to the line for 2 shots.

Agree with Roy, that was a foul, but nothing we can do about it now. Make the FT’s and keep playing tough

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT