ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson at UNC——Saturday 11 January 2020

Yeah but those guys are normally on the bench watching the alphas finish the last 5 minutes of a game.. they weren't prepared to handle the pressure and it showed

Not this year but yes they aren’t made to handle the pressure. So can’t handle this pressure I can’t imagine what they will do against dook. We may not score 40 points

As for Roy blaming himself for not telling them to foul well if you practice this every day then they should know to foul. I agree a lot would’ve had to happen at that point to lose the game.

I think all regulars on this board will attest that I have called this the lowest IQ team I have ever seen at UNC. Is there any doubt now?
They have actually kicked it up a notch, it's the stupidest team I have ever seen at UNC.

Can’t argue with that

Reactions: 2000tiger
Here's the final 2:08. We were up 10 points at the time:

Clemson 3-pt - Brooks didn't contest strongly, but the guy was not a great shooter (7 point lead)
B-Rob turnover, horrible pass
Clemson layup, poor defense (5)
Leaky turnover, pass to nobody
Foul on Brob, Platek gets beat. Clemson makes 1 of 2 (4)
Brob missed contested 3 at the end of the shot clock
Clemson 3 pt (1)
Brob timeout (should never have called that given our struggles inbounding the ball)
Leaky horrific turnover - no one comes to the ball and so he lobs it up to Brooks backcourt
Clemson misses both free throws
Brob pulls up his dribble in the backdoor again, risking a turnover, but luckily gets fouled. Hits both free throws
Give up a difficult but not heavily contested enough three to Trapp to send it to OT. I think Brooks (or someone) got lost on a screen, and given a three was the only thing that mattered, even giving up something that open was inexcusable

That's about 10 possessions in a row with bad execution. Pretty silly.

Damn it was bad watching it but to run through it hours later is just shameful. Terrible players but consistently do some of the dumbest shit ive ever seen on a basketball court and that includes my grandsons 5-6 year old basketball game this morning. Just terrible terrible players at this level. INCAPABLE Is best word that describes this Shit show of a team.

And today was less about effort and more so about basketball IQ and ability. Our team of misfits played hard, but when the going got tough at the end, buttholes started to pucker and they pissed down their leg like the bench warmers that they are. There is zero excuse for that melt down up 10 with 2 minutes to go and the manner in which they did it. 75% of the plays Clemson made down the stretch were more about what we gave them vs what they actually did.

Reactions: 2000tiger
Has Roy forgotten how to coach? Now follow me here in his post game press conference he was saying he forgot to tell the guys in the huddle to foul on the next possession. Has he forgotten that you can yell to the players on the court while the ball is coming up to foul it doesn’t have to be in the huddle. Just yell foul him.

We are now projected to tie for LAST PLACE in the ACC by Pomeroy.

We are also tied for last in current conference record (1-4).

We are also tied for worst overall current record among ACC teams (8-8).

Has that ever happened before? Yes. 2002.

I've been one of those saying we'll get better. But will we? How can we not?

The next game @ Pitt will tell us a lot about this team and its coach.

Also Roy can't coach less talented teams.
Don’t agree
Well, he's shown he can win without being loaded with talent. That used to be a knock against him.

But he hasn't shown he can win with this level of talent.

I've been saying it was all the newcomers and injuries that are slowing the development of this team. And certainly that's true, as far as it goes. But I'm beginning to think we are seeing a level of talent that Roy cannot coach.

It's no shame to struggle with this level of available talent. We can all think of coaches who might do better with a team like this. But those coaches, good as they are at extracting good play from mediocre players, rarely win championships.

Last edited:
Or that Roy psychologically does not want to pass Dean in another area of accomplishment.
too psychological. simple reality is that roy has never been much of an in-game tactician. he recruits great players and lets em run other teams off the court. lesser talent that requires in-game coaching -- nope.

Reactions: uncfootball-
too psychological. simple reality is that roy has never been much of an in-game tactician. he recruits great players and lets em run other teams off the court. lesser talent that requires in-game coaching -- nope.
I said something similar the other day and got relentlessly attacked. Prepare yourself.

Both of the last 2 games we came out looking decent. Suggesting good pre-game prep. Which is absolutely an important aspect of coaching. But then we had trouble in the 2nd half.

To be fair, when you go into the locker room with a halftime lead, it's probably harder to make adjustments because what you've been doing is working. So more tweaks than wholesale changes. Whereas if you are losing, it's much more clear what you have to stop and what you have to change.

I said something similar the other day and got relentlessly attacked.....
roy has been very successful in his career without being an impressive in-game tactician. in real estate they say the 3 most important things are location, location, and location. well, in college basketball the three most important things are recruiting, recruiting, and recruiting. roy has excelled in that area, and recent recruits he missed out on can be attributed to years of ncaa harassment and slander. roy's got some 5-stars coming in so we'll be fine. but not because he's making great chess moves during a game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT