ADVERTISEMENT

How dinged up was VT D?

blazers

Hall of Famer
Oct 8, 2001
I had to record the gm, I'm fast fwding tween plays and it seems like they had some injuries during the gm. Jalen Stroman for example.

So were starters dropping like flies, or just little temporary things?

Just trying to determine if they were full strength. Regardless their run D seemed so-so outside of Maye containment. 6 TFL's but it felt like they were for big losses. Our rbs were working hard in pass pro, and despite Maye being hurried a bit he obviously shined.

Last edited:
Talent level in Blacksburg is just way down. Almost no depth. I think that's what's hurting them the most. Fuente wasn't a good recruiter and now they have someone (Pry) that's basically learning on the job.

Reactions: alfreema
I thought it was interesting that one of their players had an injury every time we had a big play. Luckily they ended up walking off the field right after play stopped. I'm guessing that's because they have the best trainers in the business.

Talent level in Blacksburg is just way down. Almost no depth. I think that's what's hurting them the most. Fuente wasn't a good recruiter and now they have someone (Pry) that's basically learning on the job.
Yep. That's the main reason the boosters wanted Fuente gone. He just did not connect with recruits from the ACC area.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT