ADVERTISEMENT

Is Mr. Floyd's Death Being Used To Change All Of Society?

I am of the opinion that when comparing the treatment of American Indians to negro slaves, it was the Indian who got the shit end of the stick. I'm not making light of slavery, but the plain truth is that black people brought into slavery in America, and their descendants, were ultimately handed the keys to it; and the keys to any part of America beats the pants off of having the keys to the entire continent of Africa. And yes I understand there is awesomeness in Africa, but I also know that your average African is up to his armpits in the third world.

Meanwhile, Indians already had the keys to America and we took them and hid them from them for the most part. And I do mean we, because even though I have no direct or indirect connection to the practice of slavery, I and the descendants of slaves are now living on the land that once was the domain of Native Americans.
You people really are a special breed.....

I am of the opinion that when comparing the treatment of American Indians to negro slaves, it was the Indian who got the shit end of the stick. I'm not making light of slavery, but the plain truth is that black people brought into slavery in America, and their descendants, were ultimately handed the keys to it; and the keys to any part of America beats the pants off of having the keys to the entire continent of Africa. And yes I understand there is awesomeness in Africa, but I also know that your average African is up to his armpits in the third world.

Meanwhile, Indians already had the keys to America and we took them and hid them from them for the most part. And I do mean we, because even though I have no direct or indirect connection to the practice of slavery, I and the descendants of slaves are now living on the land that once was the domain of Native Americans.

tenor.gif

My God, you are a sniveling fvcktard. Not one word in your post offers anything substantial as a counter to anything I said. You're just putting your butthurt on display.

You people really are a special breed.....
Loves me some of your originality.

I posted substance regarding the comparative treatment of Indians and black people, and instead of offering any counter argument, the usuals can only offer mindlessness in return. That's because that is all they have to offer. No wonder we are.experiencing the turmoil we are currently witnessing, when this level of vacuousness is behind it all. Don't think through anything, just lash out at those who do.

I posted substance regarding the comparative treatment of Indians and black people, and instead of offering any counter argument, the usuals can only offer mindlessness in return. That's because that is all they have to offer. No wonder we are.experiencing the turmoil we are currently witnessing, when this level of vacuousness is behind it all. Don't think through anything, just lash out at those who do.
Follow your own advice.

When you post something intelligent enough to warrant an actual thoughtful response, people will do so accordingly.

We debate with others all day on here - but your issue is that people laugh most of what you say off as the ramblings of someone who probably has some mental issues.

Wow... I can't imagine why some parts of Africa are a shithole now.

You should print that whole post out and frame it.

That has got to be some of the most ignorant, and total dumb-fvckery that was ever shat-out onto this board. You managed to debase BOTH the Indians and Blacks even further.

"You're welcome for getting you out of Africa" is one of the more wild things ever said on here and that's saying a freaking lot.

I think John C. Calhoun even cringed at that level of racism.

Reactions: uncboy10
I’m asking what advantages a poor white kid has in life over a poor black kid. Like, for example, does the poor white kid have less stringent admission standards to get into college?

You need someone on a message board to tell you how white and black people are treated differently even when all other factors like poverty/money, etc are removed? Or are you being coy or something?

That made me LOL

I was impressed at how he made both groups look worse than any of us had previously. He's like Margaret Mitchell, in a way, if she wrote nostalgic books about Indians... if there ever were a "Lost Cause" fake narrative in American history about White's treatment of Indians. But, there wasn't which is another example @tarheel0910, as to how the treatment of the two classes differed greatly.

The Lost Cause, and its massive permeation into American culture is another perfect example of how there is a vast difference between the inhumane treatment between the two races. And, don't misunderstand me, white people maligned the Plains Indians, and ALL North American Indian tribes worse than many other empires did to subjugate their conquered people throughout human history.

As @uncboy10 mentioned; Once "White People" started identifying themselves as White People... watch-the-fvck-out.

@UNC '92, just for you!

What shows got cancelled? I know live PD isn't airing right now due to the protest

That made me LOL

I was impressed at how he made both groups look worse than any of us had previously. He's like Margaret Mitchell, in a way, if she wrote nostalgic books about Indians... if there ever were a "Lost Cause" fake narrative in American history about White's treatment of Indians. But, there wasn't which is another example @tarheel0910, as to how the treatment of the two classes differed greatly.

The Lost Cause, and its massive permeation into American culture is another perfect example of how there is a vast difference between the inhumane treatment between the two races. And, don't misunderstand me, white people maligned the Plains Indians, and ALL North American Indian tribes worse than many other empires did to subjugate their conquered people throughout human history.

As @uncboy10 mentioned; Once "White People" started identifying themselves as White People... watch-the-fvck-out.

@UNC '92, just for you!

You going to answer my question?

How so?

Ok. It's pretty diverse where I live and work, so maybe the dichotomy is better here. I guess what I'm trying to get at is I've been hearing since the first years of Obama (maybe even since W) that we've never been more divided and this country is tearing itself apart. Those are excellent lines for the media and obviously they get repeated on social media. I realize that Atlanta isn't representative of the whole country, so maybe I'm just lucky that I live in the one place in the country that isn't a hell hole, but I suspect that division you think is so bad is driven by something other than reality.
I think it tends be a generational thing. It seems like a natural progression, depending on your personal identity. My grandparents would say that it was terrible in the 1930s, and even the 1960s, which I guess it was... for them.For example, every Christian I know believes they're living in "The End Times." The same seems to hold true for people and their perspective on American culture, in general. It may be possible that that's our purpose, to continue to feel divided, at least in some way. I dunno.

For me, personally, it's been my experience of awareness of things going on outside of my own personal space/bubble. When I was 22, I didn't give a shit about anyone else at all, really. Same could probably be said when I was 32. I think, by 42, it had begun to change. Maybe it was my exposure to American politics, or my CHOICE to pay more attention. Maybe that was a bad choice. Again... I dunno. I am more aware of what others are experiencing.

And, when you said "up until the recent riots"... well, doesn't that count??? I mean, shit! It was going on in 1992 and we're right back where we were then. I had other priorities in 1992, I guess. This is where I am now. If you're able to remain insulated and removed from it, and it doesn't concern you at all, that's great for you, I suppose. It's definitely great if that was your objective, right? (rhetorical)

Sorry to make you wait and keep posting for my answer.

I think it tends be a generational thing. It seems like a natural progression, depending on your personal identity. My grandparents would say that it was terrible in the 1930s, and even the 1960s, which I guess it was... for them.For example, every Christian I know believes they're living in "The End Times." The same seems to hold true for people and their perspective on American culture, in general. It may be possible that that's our purpose, to continue to feel divided, at least in some way. I dunno.

For me, personally, it's been my experience of awareness of things going on outside of my own personal space/bubble. When I was 22, I didn't give a shit about anyone else at all, really. Same could probably be said when I was 32. I think, by 42, it had begun to change. Maybe it was my exposure to American politics, or my CHOICE to pay more attention. Maybe that was a bad choice. Again... I dunno. I am more aware of what others are experiencing.

And, when you said "up until the recent riots"... well, doesn't that count??? I mean, shit! It was going on in 1992 and we're right back where we were then. I had other priorities in 1992, I guess. This is where I am now. If you're able to remain insulated and removed from it, and it doesn't concern you at all, that's great for you, I suppose. It's definitely great if that was your objective, right? (rhetorical)

Sorry to make you wait and keep posting for my answer.
That was a lot of words to not even answer my question. How has your life specifically changed? Not some philosophical answer that means absolutely nothing. I said up until the riots because we don't yet know how that's going to change anything. It certainly seems like it's bringing the country closer together, which would seem to indicate that this isn't the most divided it's been in your lifetime.

Reactions: Terror Beard
That was a lot of words to not even answer my question. How has your life specifically changed? Not some philosophical answer that means absolutely nothing. I said up until the riots because we don't yet know how that's going to change anything. It certainly seems like it's bringing the country closer together, which would seem to indicate that this isn't the most divided it's been in your lifetime.
Oh, the riots are bringing it together? Okay. Well, then, never mind.

Has my personal abilities to carry-out my personal life endeavors become more or less difficult? No. Have they "changed?" Of course they have changed. Life is about change. I am not going to get into dozens of specific, anecdotal examples here. Why should I?

When you post something intelligent enough to warrant an actual thoughtful response, people will do so accordingly.

We debate with others all day on here - but your issue is that people laugh most of what you say off as the ramblings of someone who probably has some mental issues.
and you consistently respond with this kind of bullshit because you have nothing to dispute me with. You're just a gasbag.

Reactions: keysersosay#1
and you consistently respond with this kind of bullshit because you have nothing to dispute me with. You're just a gasbag.

Oh, the riots are bringing it together? Okay. Well, then, never mind.
Well, it sure seems like it. All races, genders, ages seem to be coming together to protest against police brutality and racism. I would think that qualifies as being less divided than it was. But who knows, this could just be a temporary thing and in the long run doesn't make a difference one way or another.

Has my personal abilities to carry-out my personal life endeavors become more or less difficult? No. Have they "changed?" Of course they have changed. Life is about change. I am not going to get into dozens of specific, anecdotal examples here. Why should I?
You certainly don't have to. I asked you to explain your opinion. You have the option not to. It seems like you don't want to, so we can move on.

"You're welcome for getting you out of Africa" is one of the more wild things ever said on here and that's saying a freaking lot.

please point out the boatloads of African-Americans forsaking America and moving to their ancestral paradise. Idiot. Lucky for me, I can remember a time when a fact was a fact and one wasn't criticized for stating the obvious by loons who see racism in everything.

On the other hand, there have always been dooshbags like you who mischaracterize things just so they can pretend to have an argument.

You certainly don't have to. I asked you to explain your opinion. You have the option not to. It seems like you don't want to, so we can move on.
I tried to explain it. If it's not enough for you, I'm sorry.

Well, it sure seems like it. All races, genders, ages seem to be coming together to protest against police brutality and racism. I would think that qualifies as being less divided than it was. But who knows, this could just be a temporary thing and in the long run doesn't make a difference one way or another.
We'll see. All races and genders have been coming together. They've been coming together for over 150 years. But, there's also, always, a very dug-in opposition. So, if anything actually changes, or improves, I'll be shocked. I was watching the film "13th" and even when "Reform" comes in political packages, it does more harm than good. We're white males, we'll be fine. Well, we might not get to watch new episodes Cops or sit and marvel at as many statues of Confederate generals, but, otherwise, we'll be okay.

please point out the boatloads of African-Americans forsaking America and moving to their ancestral paradise. Idiot. Lucky for me, I can remember a time when a fact was a fact and one wasn't criticized for stating the obvious by loons who see racism in everything.

On the other hand, there have always been dooshbags like you who mischaracterize things just so they can pretend to have an argument.
@cletusnow likes this

I tried to explain it. If it's not enough for you, I'm sorry.

We'll see. All races and genders have been coming together. They've been coming together for over 150 years. But, there's also, always, a very dug-in opposition. So, if anything actually changes, or improves, I'll be shocked. I was watching the film "13th" and even when "Reform" comes in political packages, it does more harm than good. We're white males, we'll be fine. Well, we might not get to watch new episodes Cops or sit and marvel at as many statues of Confederate generals, but, otherwise, we'll be okay.

"We're white males, we'll be fine. Well, we might not get to watch new episodes Cops or sit and marvel at as many statues of Confederate generals, but, otherwise, we'll be okay"

yes, we've only lost several more choices in your post. We'll be OK, at least until you and your ilk have succeeded in taking away all of our freedom to choose anything other than what you approve of. Idiot.

I wonder if this is a loaded question?
If it was, then watch reruns, I guess. If you enjoy watching cops take down criminals, or whatever it is that happens on Cops... join the police force. Aren't there other examples of that genre on TV or streaming sources?

Isn't Cops the "Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do?..." where they show live altercations?

"We're white males, we'll be fine. Well, we might not get to watch new episodes Cops or sit and marvel at as many statues of Confederate generals, but, otherwise, we'll be okay"

yes, we've only lost several more choices in your post. We'll be OK, at least until you and your ilk have succeeded in taking away all of our freedom to choose anything other than what you approve of. Idiot.
It's actually ironic, because I have argued the opposite of this on other forums. I don't want movies censored. I don't want TV shows censored. I don't want any language censored. I don't think people who are protesting AGAINST the protesters should be in danger of losing their jobs. I don't care how uncouth or disgusting they present themselves in public. They have the right to be assholes in public and not have their jobs taken because the employer doesn't agree with their choice. Their performance at their job has nothing to do with their personal, social opinions and views.

I've already said that I personally don't give a shit about statues to human beings regarding ANYTHING or ANYONE. That includes Dean Smith, or any other sports, entertainment personality, etc.. Joe Paterno is a perfect example. DIdn't take long to get his yanked! Dean Smith never even wanted the Dean Dome named for him. That's wisdom and humility, right there! Robert E. Lee never wanted monuments to himself or the Confederacy. People can keep naming buildings, streets, and building monuments if it makes them feel good, but they are totally unnecessary. Statues are certainly not "history."

By the time slaves were actually free to move back to their "ancestral paradise" most of them were already 4-5 generations away from being "African". They were American. They fought for America once freed. You definitely still see them as African, don't you. Damn man.

Shit, half this country isn't 4-5 generations in America. You want them to go back to where their great great great grandparents came from? Wait, don't answer that, you definitely do.

Congrats though, I hadn't thought about the Back to Africa movement since college and the people who wanted that back in the 18th and 19th centuries were just what you are, mindless numb nut racist POS's.

Last edited:
If it was, then watch reruns, I guess. If you enjoy watching cops take down criminals, or whatever it is that happens on Cops... join the police force. Aren't there other examples of that genre on TV or streaming sources?

Isn't Cops the "Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do?..." where they show live altercations?
What difference does it make if it live, recorded, staged, law vs criminal? What bearing does it being someone's favorite show have? If you think that its a healthy thing to make every cop out to be the bad guy, then you are truly blind. Live PD was created to give a behind the scenes look at what that environment is all about. If all of these fights you choose to take up for are important, then why wait till it becomes a hot topic for the day? Why no outrage for sea turtles or Alaskan elk? Oh, its not mainstream enough to take up. Please understand, anyone who speaks out against removing things like these shows are not racist. No more than protestors are. I have had more black folk threaten my being early on to make me think racist things. But it didn't turn me in to one. I dislike people who do wrong as a whole. I don't care what color they are. And I will defend my family and livelihood over anyone else's. I do good to others and give away money, time, and substance to people who need it. I give back.

I saw a clip of San antonios coach say he is ashamed of whites. I promise you, that thought isn't helping a thing. You guys keep mentioning old southern white guys and labeling people with it. I am one of those, I've earned what I own, paid my dues, raised my family to aspire success, and have treated my fellow man with respect. My best friend is black. I like live PD. I also don't think i should bear the cost for what people did hundreds of years ago. I am a product of my upbringing. I will not hang my head in shame for what other people do. I support our LEO as well as the military. I also voted for Trump. Is that racist enough for everyone?

What difference does it make if it live, recorded, staged, law vs criminal? What bearing does it being someone's favorite show have? If you think that its a healthy thing to make every cop out to be the bad guy, then you are truly blind. Live PD was created to give a behind the scenes look at what that environment is all about. If all of these fights you choose to take up for are important, then why wait till it becomes a hot topic for the day? Why no outrage for sea turtles or Alaskan elk? Oh, its not mainstream enough to take up. Please understand, anyone who speaks out against removing things like these shows are not racist. No more than protestors are. I have had more black folk threaten my being early on to make me think racist things. But it didn't turn me in to one. I dislike people who do wrong as a whole. I don't care what color they are. And I will defend my family and livelihood over anyone else's. I do good to others and give away money, time, and substance to people who need it. I give back.

I saw a clip of San antonios coach say he is ashamed of whites. I promise you, that thought isn't helping a thing. You guys keep mentioning old southern white guys and labeling people with it. I am one of those, I've earned what I own, paid my dues, raised my family to aspire success, and have treated my fellow man with respect. My best friend is black. I like live PD. I also don't think i should bear the cost for what people did hundreds of years ago. I am a product of my upbringing. I will not hang my head in shame for what other people do. I support our LEO as well as the military. I also voted for Trump. Is that racist enough for everyone?
I didn't mean to set you off. I'm sorry your show was cancelled.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT