ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina Basketball Discussion Thread

@tw3301 - has Duke struggled this badly with transition defense all season or are they just tired? Syracuse had like 3 straight 3 on 1s after rebounds.

Duke got handed 5 seconds on the game clock. The inbounds pass was taken and the clock didn't start ticking for 5 seconds and one of their star freshmen drains a three.

@tw3301 - has Duke struggled this badly with transition defense all season or are they just tired? Syracuse had like 3 straight 3 on 1s after rebounds.
Duke missing their 2 best defenders and starters in Reddish and Jones. Not to mention the only PG on the team worth a shit. Plus Syracuse made a lot of shots, contested or otherwise. It sucks to lose but again, no Reddish, no Jones (the latter being the most important player on the team).

Duke missing their 2 best defenders and starters in Reddish and Jones. Not to mention the only PG on the team worth a shit. Plus Syracuse made a lot of shots, contested or otherwise. It sucks to lose but again, no Reddish, no Jones (the latter being the most important player on the team).
Why weren't they playing?

Why weren't they playing?
Reddish sick, Jones got injured with 14.5 minutes left in the first half. He already had 4 steals, Duke was up 8 after starting 12-0. He is a huge, huge loss if he misses extended time. Basically that's the Duke season.

Just saw some replay highlights... That 3 point that went over the jumbo tron was awesome!
Yeah and shit like that happened. Basically Duke lost the equivalent of Joel Berry on previous teams tonight... Not good for me, probably good for you guys.

Reddish sick, Jones got injured with 14.5 minutes left in the first half. He already had 4 steals, Duke was up 8 after starting 12-0. He is a huge, huge loss if he misses extended time. Basically that's the Duke season.
Yeah... K says it's a shoulder sprain. Jones thought he broke his clavicle.

Without Jones, it might be a real game-changer for the season.

Casualties of war. I just wanna see his head explode when you compare a freshman at duke to a 4 year junk yard dog Joel Berry.
He has maintained that Tyus Jones is not and never has been as good as Berry, me dropping a bomb like that would get me internet lynched.

He has maintained that Tyus Jones is not and never has been as good as Berry, me dropping a bomb like that would get me internet lynched.

Not Bobby Hurley, Kyrie Irving, or Jesus Christ. None of them have made an impact on earth that the junkyard dog Joel Berry has made.

Really sucks about Tre...as said above, I wanna beat Duke and want them to lose every game but not because a 19 year old kid gets hurt. Hope he's back this season.

P.S. According to FlaTarHeel you're a crybaby because you gave a reasonable explanation as to why you felt your team lost last night. That is a sharp guy that FTH.

Really sucks about Tre...as said above, I wanna beat Duke and want them to lose every game but not because a 19 year old kid gets hurt. Hope he's back this season.

Is it bad to wish for a season ending injury but for him to make a full recovery? Asking for a friend.

Reactions: cletusnow
Not Bobby Hurley, Kyrie Irving, or Jesus Christ. None of them have made an impact on earth that the junkyard dog Joel Berry has made.

Funny because it's true (regarding G7's take).
Tdubs....How many blown assists was Tre Jones averaging per game before he got hurt? What's that? You say you didn't track his blown assists? Slacker!

(come to think of it, I don't recall the "blown assists" stat AT ALL this year even for the Heels, for any of their players. The stat's life ended with the last game of Joel Berry, apparently. Which makes it seem transparently like an insecure made-up "stat" to cover for JB not having as many official stats as some would like. ie - to embellish his legit by-the-book actual recorded stats.

And I'm not taking anything away AT ALL from Joel Berry. How can he not go down as an all-time top 10 favorite player for Heels fans? Stayed 4 years, and carried a team on his back, through injuries, to a redemption title. All heart and grit - a great leader.

My point is - the appearance - then disappearance of the blown assist stat seems pretty funny, odd, agenda-driven.

Well - Tyus has achieved a decent run in the NBA, even started some, and has had some brief flashes as a legit NBA player, albeit with the most messed up, mediocre, underperforming NBA team of all-time.

As much as I'd say Berry has more heart and grit and toughness than Tyus.... and a lot of basketball smarts.... you can't objectively JB's been more successful or better at basketball than TJ - based on the NBA league evidence. If getting paid to play in the best basketball league in the world is the measuring stick.

Is it bad to wish for a season ending injury but for him to make a full recovery? Asking for a friend.

Nope I hope he is cleared to resume basketball activities the day after they are bounced out of the NCAAT by a 9 seed in the 2nd round.

Monday night was great Dook lost at home and the ol' lady gave me some last night it like Christmas as a kid!

Do you think there is any chance he skips the rest of the year to focus on the draft like Nick Bosa? I know the injury isn't serious, but if he's planning to go pro this year, he may not to risk something bigger.

Reactions: notashelbyfan
Do you think there is any chance he skips the rest of the year to focus on the draft like Nick Bosa? I know the injury isn't serious, but if he's planning to go pro this year, he may not to risk something bigger.

I think he’s a moron if he plays anymore this year. In fact, I’m in favor of top 10 guys signing with duke and then sitting out for their one season. Those guys shouldn’t risk it. Playing for those dorks in that podunk arena for free is a terrible business decision.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Yeah... No. It's not 100% that he is OAD, though he seems to have climbed into the first round of most mock drafts. Plus he was a Duke fan before K started recruiting Tyus and a team first guy, he wants to win a title.
The official report said he's out indefinitely.

So, one game.
Lol... Someone made that joke on the Duke premium board today.

Treading on thin ice with the dog references, there can only be 1 dog and we all know who that is.
Well, I didn't use "Junkyard Dog". I think that's been trademarked. :eek:

Then again, "Rabid Dog" might be trademarked too...
giphy.gif

i assume carolina has announced it’s switched over to a football school by now?

That will never happen, but I hope we start taking football more seriously. I think the Mack hire is step in the right direction.

Treading on thin ice with the dog references, there can only be 1 dog and we all know who that is.

From last night's "Very brief stuff" formally known as "Stats and Stuff" :

Seth Greenberg said bluntly and correctly at halftime, this team doesn't have that one player "who can make things easier for everyone else" (that particular Dog graduated with his jersey in the rafters).

I tell my wife that I love her almost as much as Gary-7 loves Joel Berry. She doesn't understand how much that should mean to her.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT