ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina football discussion thread

Being a unc fb fan is like riding a roller coaster in the dark with no seat restraint
Rollercoasters in the dark are great. Seat restraints are overrated. I'd compare it more to a proctology exam. Nervous and apprehensive going in. Uncomfortable and questioning yourself during. Happy when it's over.

• Haha
Reactions: heelmanwilm
Rollercoasters in the dark are great. Seat restraints are overrated. I'd compare it more to a proctology exam. Nervous and apprehensive going in. Uncomfortable and questioning yourself during. Happy when it's over.

+1 for rollercoasters in the dark. Rocking rolling roller coaster and space mountain are easily the best two rides in the Disney parks.

ETA: I haven’t been since the Star Wars park got added so I’m not including that.

Reactions: tarheel0910
+1 for rollercoasters in the dark. Rocking rolling roller coaster and space mountain are easily the best two rides in the Disney parks.

ETA: I haven’t been since the Star Wars park got added so I’m not including that.
The Guardians of the Galaxy rollercoaster is excellent. I'd put it at second best. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get into any of the new Star Wars rides when I was last there. It was closed down when I got there in the morning. Instead of waiting I went to ride something else. When it opened back up a couple of hours later, the estimated wait time was over four hours because people were getting in line while it was closed. I wasn't waiting around for that shit.

Reactions: uncboy10
The Guardians of the Galaxy rollercoaster is excellent. I'd put it at second best. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get into any of the new Star Wars rides when I was last there. It was closed down when I got there in the morning. Instead of waiting I went to ride something else. When it opened back up a couple of hours later, the estimated wait time was over four hours because people were getting in line while it was closed. I wasn't waiting around for that shit.

I need to get rich enough to get the off hours guided tour with no lines. That's the way to do it. The last time I was there was NYE which is literally as far from off hours as you can get. Magic Kingdom was full to capacity.

Yes, but it was a teeny hot Asian Dr with small fingers and you look fwd to the next appt thinking you might get a reach around instead?
Something like that, cuz literally 4 days later you want the next procedure and your expectations might be WAY off.

Yes, but it was a teeny hot Asian Dr with small fingers and you look fwd to the next appt thinking you might get a reach around instead?
Something like that, cuz literally 4 days later you want the next procedure and your expectations might be WAY off.

giphy.gif

I don't care how hot he is, I'm not going to want another one.

• Haha
Reactions: bluetoe and blazers
I don't care how hot he is, I'm not going to want another one.
Maybe i was being racist, but you're being sexist. Regardless, it feels this scenario doesn't apply to the highs, lows and wanting more that accompanies unc fball.

200w.gif

Biden doesn't look Asian at all. And he's a man - NTTIAWWT
dude, seriously? Biden is obviously excited about having gotten the two-finger oil check and is just as obvioiusly looking forward to that next procedure and a reacharound. Do you read your own posts?

the only statement I want to see from the NCAA is their justification for turning down what seems to me should be an open and shut case for approval. Otherwise, they should just STFU. The last thing they should have whined about were threats. That's the response of a ten-year old girl. And of someone guilty as charged.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Even if it's true, what's the point of releasing it? People aren't going to change their minds. I think they are trying to get ahead of a lawsuit from Tez.
agree…their case looks worse now because they know no members are not concerned about players and their welfare.

also, i lol’d at threats…like prank calls???

rule an auburn guy out and see how it takes for their front porch to be smoking.

Reactions: bluetoe
now i’m imagining lumpy pillow guy representing the ncaa getting deposed by tez’s lawyers.

lawyer: “are you done?”
ncaa: “yeah, i’m done.”

• Haha
Reactions: blazers
agree…their case looks worse now because they know no members are not concerned about players and their welfare.

also, i lol’d at threats…like prank calls???

rule an auburn guy out and see how it takes for their front porch to be smoking.
Yeah, I seriously doubt that's the first time someone has called them about one of their decisions. Hell, I bet half of moo's fanbase called after the academic crap.

Reactions: blazers and bluetoe
I hope colo fans enjoy their one year in the spotlight. If there’s one thing we know for certain about sanders is that he will chase fame and $ at any expense. The only question is which program, college or nfl, will offer up the $ he’s gonna demand.

I admit I’ve always despised the guy. The showmanship and bravado go against everything I believe in regarding sportsmanship and just being a good person. Obviously he’s had a positive effect on the team there and he will cash in. Congrats. But make no mistake, “cashing in” is all he gaf about.

I hope colo fans enjoy their one year in the spotlight. If there’s one thing we know for certain about sanders is that he will chase fame and $ at any expense. The only question is which program, college or nfl, will offer up the $ he’s gonna demand.

I admit I’ve always despised the guy. The showmanship and bravado go against everything I believe in regarding sportsmanship and just being a good person. Obviously he’s had a positive effect on the team there and he will cash in. Congrats. But make no mistake, “cashing in” is all he gaf about.
He's so annoying. "I got receipts!"

Reactions: bluetoe

Do we know for certain? He's at a P4 school and has an opportunity to build a program. I'm not sure making one move from a HBCU to a P4 makes a trend. I think he'll stay were he is unless the NFL or FSU come calling, which I don't think will happen soon. Otherwise where is he going to go where his son is immediately eligible?

Do we know for certain? He's at a P4 school and has an opportunity to build a program. I'm not sure making one move from a HBCU to a P4 makes a trend. I think he'll stay were he is unless the NFL or FSU come calling, which I don't think will happen soon. Otherwise where is he going to go where his son is immediately eligible?
I think his son will be gone to nfl. In that case assuming colo wins around 10 games the bidding wars will begin. Too early to know what big programs with deep pockets would be in the market. I would think an SEC school would be tempting to him. Auburn, Tenn, LSU?

I think his son will be gone to nfl. In that case the bidding wars will begin. Too early to know what big programs with deep pockets would be in the market. I would think an SEC school would be tempting to him. Auburn, Tenn, LSU?
Which of them are going to fire their current coach for a coach with little history? Tenn is doing fine right now. LSU isn't going to fire Kelly and Auburn just hired their coach. There's no where for him to go right now even if he wanted to.

not sure deion is an nfl guy…he’s a talent gatherer and hunter and sanders are supremely talented.

i am curious how and where hunter will be evaluated by scouts…he looks like the best corner in college right now.

am i the only that remembers the buffs were on the edge of being the best program in college football?…they put out nfl players every year for what seemed like almost a decade.

eta: what’s annoying is the media calling him coach prime.

Last edited:
Which of them are going to fire their current coach for a coach with little history? Tenn is doing fine right now. LSU isn't going to fire Kelly and Auburn just hired their coach. There's no where for him to go right now even if he wanted to.
I’m just talking off top of my head. I’m not very familiar with any of their situations but I will say this, any program in sec other than vandy is one 5 win or less season away from a coaching change.

not sure deion is an nfl guy…he’s a talent gatherer and hunter and sanders are supremely talented.

i am curious how and where hunter will be evaluated by scouts…he looks like the best corner in college right now.

am i the only that remembers the buffs were on the edge of being the best program in college football?…they put out nfl players every year for what seemed like almost a decade.

eta: what’s annoying is the media calling him coach prime.
My standard policy is to refuse to call someone by a nickname they chose for themselves

I’m just talking off top of my head. I’m not very familiar with any of their situations but I will say this, any program in sec other than vandy is one 5 win or less season away from a coaching change.
I'm not trying to say he would never leave. He might leave after this year. All I was trying to say is we don't really have a lot of evidence that he will. The biggest issue is he doesn't really have an obvious step up in schools right now. They'll be some openings at the end of the year, but unless something unexpected happens most of the moves would be lateral. Maybe Florida opens up if they don't get to a bowl.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
florida isn’t going to put up with this garbage much longer…they’ve been irrelevant too long.

eta: it would totally be an a&m thing to do as well.

I can see how the bravado might rub some people wrong but I like Coach Prime. He’s a good dude who cares for his players. They love him. Faithful man. Good coach. I wish like hell he was in Chapel Hill.

Reactions: randman1
I can see how the bravado might rub some people wrong but I like Coach Prime. He’s a good dude who cares for his players. They love him. Faithful man. Good coach. I wish like hell he was in Chapel Hill.
Not sure I would want him here yet. Need more proof he can coach at this level. He'd never be hired here, though. As I've said before, UNC doesn't hire coaches that are "loud" for lack of a better word. Roy was the closest to that and the only reason UNC was willing to hire him was because Dean said to hire him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT