ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

You copied and pasted the verdict from uncited cases. You provided no proof of bias other than the fact the rulings didn't match your agenda. @strummingram provided two cited cases and I reviewed those. I didn't see anything political in those decisions, even the one I disagreed with. You can review those if you want and point out the bias. You can also provide me with the cite for the other cases you didn't review yourself and I'll actually read them unlike yourself.

I’m done with this pathetic straw man crap. The proof of bias was the long list of rulings and opinions. It’s pretty clear you could use google for yourself and go read those cases, instead of making childish assumptions about whether anyone else read them or not.

Reactions: BillyL
I’m done with this pathetic straw man crap. The proof of bias was the long list of rulings and opinions. It’s pretty clear you could use google for yourself and go read those cases, instead of making childish assumptions about whether anyone else read them or not.
That's what I figured. You don't want to put in the effort and provide the reasoning behind your opinion based on the record. And it's not my job to do your work. If you make a statement and present it as fact, it's your job to back it up.

Reactions: nctransplant
That's what I figured. You don't want to put in the effort and provide the reasoning behind your opinion based on the record. And it's not my job to do your work. If you make a statement and present it as fact, it's your job to back it up.

How much explanation do you need? The rulings and opinions speak for themselves. It’s a statement of fact that the list I posted was accurate. You can interpret his track record however you see fit. I have actual work to do that’s more important than pouring over case files to try and change your mind.

I'd also like to see @gunslingerdick show back up. You folks think he's locked up for molesting that stump years ago?

I imagine so. The stump said it was sometime in the 80s. Said that one black guy that GSD claims to be friends with was there, but that dude denies it. FBI will be focusing its attention to get to the bottom of it, but i imagine we’ve seen the last of GSD.

How much explanation do you need? The rulings and opinions speak for themselves. It’s a statement of fact that the list I posted was accurate. You can interpret his track record however you see fit. I have actual work to do that’s more important than pouring over case files to try and change your mind.
You have to know why he ruled the way he did. In order to do that you have to know the facts of the case. That's how you think for yourself. The two that were cited didn't show any political bias. If you think they did, then point it out. Defend your argument. Otherwise all you've done is copied and pasted nothing proving your statement.

You have to know why he ruled the way he did. In order to do that you have to know the facts of the case. That's how you think for yourself. The two that were cited didn't show any political bias. If you think they did, then point it out. Defend your argument. Otherwise all you've done is copied and pasted nothing proving your statement.
Please don't be an adult in this conversation, it's unbecoming.

I imagine so. The stump said it was sometime in the 80s. Said that one black guy that GSD claims to be friends with was there, but that dude denies it. FBI will be focusing its attention to get to the bottom of it, but i imagine we’ve seen the last of GSD.
How many beers did this stump have, where is this stump located, and what other stumps saw this happen?

Reactions: Terror Beard

I don’t have a crystal ball. I can’t read his mind. You’re completely missing my point. I’m not making an argument about an individual case. I’m making the argument that he has clearly ruled on one side of an ideological divide for almost every major decision he’s ever made. And you have refused to take on that actual argument, and instead have resorted to attempts to smear me and drill down on individual cases. I have no doubt he made sophisticated legal arguments to justify his rulings. He wouldn’t be a federal judge if he wasn’t capable of cloaking his ideological bias to at least some degree. The rulings and opinions are the actual issue of consequence.

Last edited:
So, you're content to believe that all of his rulings, opinions, dissensions, etc., reflect a conservative ideological bias and these are all just a coincidence. The link I provided showed that he always falls on the conservative side... always. Sometimes going further than right-leaning loyalists!

I'm glad it's gone this far. It's allowed me to see how his rulings have been even more dangerous and regressive.

From the link I offered you:

Abortion and birth control: Kavanaugh argued in a 2015 dissent that Obamacare's mandate for contraception coverage infringed on the rights of religious organizations, a stance some religious liberty groups have hailed. He also dissented from a decision last fall that permitted an undocumented immigrant teen to have an abortion — although some conservatives have accused him of being too cautious in that case, and have even called it grounds for keeping him off the Supreme Court.

It gets even better:

Net neutrality: He called the FCC’s net neutrality order an "unlawful” First Amendment violation in a 2017 dissent.

Federal regulations writ large: Kavanaugh’s net neutrality dissent also suggested he’s skeptical about the Supreme Court’s so-called Chevron doctrine, a 1984 precedent that said courts should tend to defer to federal agencies’ regulatory decisions when the agencies are interpreting ambiguous statutes. A move by conservative justices to overturn Chevron could lead to far tighter restrictions on federal regulatory powers.

After reading that article, this one stood out the most, to me:

Financial regulations: Kavanaugh delivered a huge victory to conservatives in October 2016 when he wrote an opinion declaring the structure of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau — a powerful banking industry watchdog first envisioned by Elizabeth Warren — to be unconstitutional. Writing for a three-judge panel, Kavanaugh said the 2010 Dodd-Frank law had wrongly placed “enormous executive power” in the CFPB’s single director, which Republicans and the banking industry want to replace with a multi-member commission. Supporters of the CFPB accused Kavanaugh of acting as a partisan activist, and the constitutionality of the CFPB's structure was later upheld.

By all means, take the leash off of the banking sector again. They're practical, frugal and always think ahead and always act cautiously, don't they? What could POSSIBLY go wrong!?!?

If all of those offered in that link don't give you the slightest pause for concern, that his right-wing politics are at the wheel, then nothing will. He was on George W. Bush's legal team for the 2000 election, an we all now how well that turned out. No controversy there. A smooth transition all the way!

This boofer is straight out of the 19th century.

We all see what we want to see, apparently.

So, you're content to believe that all of his rulings, opinions, dissensions, etc., reflect a conservative ideological bias and these are all just a coincidence. The link I provided showed that he always falls on the conservative side... always. Sometimes going further than right-leaning loyalists!

I'm glad it's gone this far. It's allowed me to see how his rulings have been even more dangerous and regressive.

From the link I offered you:

Abortion and birth control: Kavanaugh argued in a 2015 dissent that Obamacare's mandate for contraception coverage infringed on the rights of religious organizations, a stance some religious liberty groups have hailed. He also dissented from a decision last fall that permitted an undocumented immigrant teen to have an abortion — although some conservatives have accused him of being too cautious in that case, and have even called it grounds for keeping him off the Supreme Court.

It gets even better:

Net neutrality: He called the FCC’s net neutrality order an "unlawful” First Amendment violation in a 2017 dissent.

Federal regulations writ large: Kavanaugh’s net neutrality dissent also suggested he’s skeptical about the Supreme Court’s so-called Chevron doctrine, a 1984 precedent that said courts should tend to defer to federal agencies’ regulatory decisions when the agencies are interpreting ambiguous statutes. A move by conservative justices to overturn Chevron could lead to far tighter restrictions on federal regulatory powers.

After reading that article, this one stood out the most, to me:

Financial regulations: Kavanaugh delivered a huge victory to conservatives in October 2016 when he wrote an opinion declaring the structure of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau — a powerful banking industry watchdog first envisioned by Elizabeth Warren — to be unconstitutional. Writing for a three-judge panel, Kavanaugh said the 2010 Dodd-Frank law had wrongly placed “enormous executive power” in the CFPB’s single director, which Republicans and the banking industry want to replace with a multi-member commission. Supporters of the CFPB accused Kavanaugh of acting as a partisan activist, and the constitutionality of the CFPB's structure was later upheld.

By all means, take the leash off of the banking sector again. They're practical, frugal and always think ahead and always act cautiously, don't they? What could POSSIBLY go wrong!?!?

If all of those offered in that link don't give you the slightest pause for concern, that his right-wing politics are at the wheel, then nothing will. He was on George W. Bush's legal team for the 2000 election, an we all now how well that turned out. No controversy there. A smooth transition all the way!

This boofer is straight out of the 19th century.

We all see what we want to see, apparently.

Yeah but do you have a brain scan that shows what he was thinking when he wrote those opinions and made those rulings? Because otherwise yOu DoNt HaVe PrOoF

Yeah but do you have a brain scan that shows what he was thinking when he wrote those opinions and made those rulings? Because otherwise yOu DoNt HaVe PrOoF
Right... I have picked-up on the need for soul possession to prove it. It's also why I said that it was impossible to "prove" a page or two back.

I'm still waiting to see if
someone shows [me] hundreds of examples where he did leave his politics out of the courtroom?
, but I'm not holding my breath.

Reactions: uncboy10
Ford is lying.
She could be. One of them must be. But how can you be so sure that she is lying and not him?

I try to keep an open mind about these types of allegations. I don’t think it’s fair to immediately believe the accuser but one thing I have to ask myself is would someone be more inclined to lie for money (even if it was going to turn their life upside down, get death threats, etc), or lie in order to protect their reputation and get their dream job?

Reactions: uncboy10
She could be. One of them must be. But how can you be so sure that she is lying and not him?

I try to keep an open mind about these types of allegations. I don’t think it’s fair to immediately believe the accuser but one thing I have to ask myself is would someone be more inclined to lie for money (even if it was going to turn their life upside down, get death threats, etc), or lie in order to protect their reputation and get their dream job?
Maybe because the 4 witnesses she provided all denied under penalty of perjury, that anything happened. And one being a friend of hers.

That’s all fabricated. It did not happen. Ford is lying. And probably being paid to do so. You’re a sucker. But we already knew that.
NewWhoppingArchaeocete-size_restricted.gif

Maybe because the 4 witnesses she provided all denied under penalty of perjury, that anything happened. And one being a friend of hers.
Who were Ford's witnesses who denied "anything happened?" From what I heard of Ford's testimony of the attack, it was her and Kavanaugh and Mark Judge in the room where the assault occurred. I'm not sure how anyone else could know if "anything happened" since only 3 people were in the room.

Granted, I'm still listening to this entire 9 hour event , now, in parts.

ETA:

You mean this?

"WASHINGTON —

Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh misrepresented the record when he stated that three witnesses have refuted Christine Blasey Ford’s allegation that he sexually assaulted her at a party more than 30 years ago.

The three swore they had no recollection of the party, providing no support for Ford’s accusations laid out to the Senate Judiciary Committee. But their statements do not disprove the allegations, either.

KAVANAUGH: “Dr. Ford’s allegations are not merely uncorroborated, it’s refuted by the very people she says were there.” — testimony Thursday.

THE FACTS: The statements in question do not corroborate Ford’s allegations, but they also do not exonerate Kavanaugh. They leave open the possibility that people at the small gathering forgot about it or were not in position to witness the assault.

Even Mark Judge, who Ford says was in the bedroom when Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her, has not denied that such an episode took place. His sworn statement to the committee says, “I have no memory of this alleged incident,” “do not recall the party” and “never saw Brett act in the manner Dr. Ford describes.”

https://www.voanews.com/a/ap-fact-check-kavanaughs-claim-that-witnesses-refuted-ford/4591046.html

Last edited:
Who were Ford's witnesses who denied "anything happened?" From what I heard of Ford's testimony of the attack, it was her and Kavanaugh and Mark Judge in the room where the assault occurred. I'm not sure how anyone else could know if "anything happened" since only 3 people were in the room.

Granted, I'm still listening to this entire 9 hour event , now, in parts.

ETA:

You mean this?

"WASHINGTON —

Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh misrepresented the record when he stated that three witnesses have refuted Christine Blasey Ford’s allegation that he sexually assaulted her at a party more than 30 years ago.

The three swore they had no recollection of the party, providing no support for Ford’s accusations laid out to the Senate Judiciary Committee. But their statements do not disprove the allegations, either.

KAVANAUGH: “Dr. Ford’s allegations are not merely uncorroborated, it’s refuted by the very people she says were there.” — testimony Thursday.

THE FACTS: The statements in question do not corroborate Ford’s allegations, but they also do not exonerate Kavanaugh. They leave open the possibility that people at the small gathering forgot about it or were not in position to witness the assault.

Even Mark Judge, who Ford says was in the bedroom when Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her, has not denied that such an episode took place. His sworn statement to the committee says, “I have no memory of this alleged incident,” “do not recall the party” and “never saw Brett act in the manner Dr. Ford describes.”

https://www.voanews.com/a/ap-fact-check-kavanaughs-claim-that-witnesses-refuted-ford/4591046.html
You are truly a national treasure.

Once again neither “side” has right to claim the moral hi ground in this cluster fuk. I will say this, i laugh at the irony of kav bemoaning his lack of presumption of innocence when he in the past has ruled in favor of random police stop and searches and the govt seizing cell phone metadata without a warrant. Karma bitch.

As for nominees in general, wouldnt it be nice if there were never any indication if they were con or lib? I mean the constitution is neither con nor lib so shouldnt the people charged with interpreting it be neither as well?

Once again neither “side” has right to claim the moral hi ground in this cluster fuk. I will say this, i laugh at the irony of kav bemoaning his lack of presumption of innocence when he in the past has ruled in favor of random police stop and searches and the govt seizing cell phone metadata without a warrant. Karma bitch.

As for nominees in general, wouldnt it be nice if there were never any indication if they were con or lib? I mean the constitution is neither con nor lib so shouldnt the people charged with interpreting it be neither as well?
We'd have to have a colony that was secluded from the world and bring them in as needed.

Yeah it should be apolitical. But the GOP has made overturning Roe v Wade part of their mission statement. So I don’t expect that to happen anytime soon

I not only think that Judge Kavanaugh and Dr. Ford should be interviewed, but, Ms. Ramirez and Ms. Swetnick as well . .

i never had fbi aspirations, but i was an investigator...i will tell you and anyone else, they’re doing it wrong...both people could have their truth and they’re doing it wrong.

anyone know why ford and kavanaugh aren’t being interviewed by the fbi?

think about it

Oh, let me take a guess. Because there's a massive conspiracy going on where there is an attempt to push through POS people to deliberately screw over the country - orchestrated solely by the Republicans of course.

Did I get it?

Havent they both already been interogated under oath by a prosecutor at the hearings? Maybe they feel thats enough. J/s

i don’t believe that could be considered an interrogation...especially when the fbi wasn’t involved after witnesses have come forward...that’s now how i worked, anyway, but i was not with the federal govt.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
i don’t believe that could be considered an interrogation...especially when the fbi wasn’t involved after witnesses have come forward...that’s now how i worked, anyway, but i was not with the federal govt.

It was under oath in front of the senate.

You people are idiots.

lol, okay.

Are you really this dense?

Kavanaugh and Ford have made public statements under oath. There was no reason for the FBI to interview them. The FBI is not the KGB.

It really is that simple.

Are you really this dense?

Kavanaugh and Ford have made public statements under oath. There was no reason for the FBI to interview them. The FBI is not the KGB.

It really is that simple.
Who is better trained to conduct an interview, the FBI or the senate?

Lol, WTH has perjury got to do with the question?

wow. you really are this dense, aren't you?

Because Ford and Kavanaugh made statements under oath, any future statements that they would make which would contradict Senate testimony would be perjuring themselves. What would you like the FBI to ask either of these 2 which hasn't been covered?

Furthermore, I am surprised that a so called conservative such as yourself would like the FBI to take over powers specifically given in the Constitution to the Senate. What exactly is it that you want the FBI to do?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT