ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Who are you and why have you only received two likes in your career?

Tom was a longtime regular here at THI and a highly regarded poster . . it's awesome to see him back up on the board contributing again. He's good folk.

@TBHeel . . . it's great to see you resurface. Hope you and yours are doing well.

Reactions: toophly1124
I can understand why people aren't totally convinced by her testimony. I don't agree with them, but I know that some people equate how they recall things as how everyone remembers them.

I remember when I lost my virginity, but I don't remember exactly what day of the week/month it was. I remember when I graduated high school, but I don't remember exactly what day of the week it was, nor do I remember exactly which members of my family were there and which weren't. I don't remember how many people I saw at the parties that evening, after the ceremony, but I remember the girl I hooked-up with very well. She may have forgotten about me, for all I know. I doubt it. But, I still don't expect her to remember. I remember things differently than others who were with me remember them, sometimes.

I’m sure you punched in the face in high school. Or put in a locker, given a swirly or something. Such a traumatic experience would certainly had left an impression. Ford claims it has effected her ever since that night yet she can’t remember a single detail? Hell, she can even remember some of the bigger things like how she got there, got home, etc. That’s not a poor memory. That’s called a lie.

Reactions: nctransplant
I can understand why people aren't totally convinced by her testimony. I don't agree with them, but I know that some people equate how they recall things as how everyone remembers them.

I remember when I lost my virginity, but I don't remember exactly what day of the week/month it was. I remember when I graduated high school, but I don't remember exactly what day of the week it was, nor do I remember exactly which members of my family were there and which weren't. I don't remember how many people I saw at the parties that evening, after the ceremony, but I remember the girl I hooked-up with very well. She may have forgotten about me, for all I know. I doubt it. But, I still don't expect her to remember. I remember things differently than others who were with me remember them, sometimes.
This is why she is believable, someone who knows all the details from that far back is making shit up.

I wonder how much of it is the left (I definitely think some to a lot) and how much is #metoo...most likely it's mostly both.

I think women who say things like "oh, well, I was sorta drunk and wanted to at the time but the next day I didn't want to bang him so I was assaulted" are doing serious damage to actual rape victims.

The person who isnt both Metoo and liberal is more rare than a Kentucky fan with a tooth.

Reactions: Terror Beard
You believe that? You believe there's nothing that gives any indication of that he even knew her, let alone touched. There's nothing that gives that indication?

Nothing outside of Fords allegations. Nothing.

I allege you like to put gerbils up your sphincter. At this point, my allegations carry as much weight as do those of the esteemed Dr Ford.

Pervert

Tom was a longtime regular here at THI and a highly regarded poster . . it's awesome to see him back up on the board contributing again. He's good folk.

@TBHeel . . . it's great to see you resurface. Hope you and yours are doing well.
Thank you, sir. You're being a bit kind with that highly regarded part. There are still some floating around here that remember me and would surly disagree.

Seriously, good to see some of the old faces still here. I'll drop you an email over the weekend and give you an update.

Thank you, sir. You're being a bit kind with that highly regarded part. There are still some floating around here that remember me and would surly disagree.

Seriously, good to see some of the old faces still here. I'll drop you an email over the weekend and give you an update.
And just like that. By visiting OOTB your likes have quadrupled.

Reactions: BillyL

Not true at all, Tom . . I never ever heard or even witnessed anything of that sort. I'm not a smart man, more of a people kinda guy that listens to & enjoys my fellow Tar Heel brothers. I think you are under-valuing yourself . . I can tell you this, I don't ever remember anyone speaking an ill word to you or about you.

Your politics may be on the wrong side, but, those that opposed you, respected you . . . as I will always.

Be well, my Tar Heel brother . . !

Tom is kwality folk, Sir Toophly . . . and believe me, he's on your side when it comes to politics.
I’m just having fun. I don’t draw lines in the sand when it comes to politics tho Billy. You are who you are. You like what you like. You believe what you believe. ‘You’ in the general sense. Disagreements for sure but live and let live brother ..

Reactions: BillyL
This is why she is believable, someone who knows all the details from that far back is making shit up.
I'm not sure I follow you. She is believable because when she knows the details from that far back then she is making it up?

Last edited:
I’m sure you punched in the face in high school. Or put in a locker, given a swirly or something. Such a traumatic experience would certainly had left an impression. Ford claims it has effected her ever since that night yet she can’t remember a single detail? Hell, she can even remember some of the bigger things like how she got there, got home, etc. That’s not a poor memory. That’s called a lie.
I think she did remember quite a few details, actually. What may seem like "bigger things" to you, may be unimportant to her, or others. She seemed pretty vivid about the details of the assault.

I think she did remember quite a few details, actually. What may seem like "bigger things" to you, may be unimportant to her, or others. She seemed pretty vivid about the details of the assault.

You realize that the prosecutor who has 25 years of working with victims of sexual assault said that she wouldn’t even seek a search warrant based on her questioning of Ford, right?

So now you know more than attorneys who specialize in this field?

You realize that the prosecutor who has 25 years of working with victims of sexual assault said that she wouldn’t even seek a search warrant based on her questioning of Ford, right?

So now you know more than attorneys who specialize in this field?
I never claimed to, or imply, that I know more than anyone. I gave my opinion based on what I saw and heard.

And, that is why so many women never report it. They know that nothing will probably happen.

One of my best friend's mother admitted to us last week that she was raped almost 40 years ago, while we were discussing this case. It was pretty moving because her daughter, who is a few years younger than me, was more shocked (obviously). I was trying to take it in and offer support and damage control. Anyway... It happened in her home, she was a single mom and the two kids were asleep. My friend's dad was killed in an accident in 1976. She said the Oconee Sheriff, who was at the hospital afterward doing his report, was radioing to his office that he didn't believe her and that he thought she'd had a falling-out with her boyfriend. The hospital staff was appalled. The guy was never apprehended. She also got hsv2 from the rape.

My own mother was "assaulted" by my uncle. He assaulted my cousin, too. He was never even confronted. He attempted to assault them, he made serious advances toward them. I cannot think of a woman that I know personally that hasn't experienced some kind of assault, and at least 50% have been raped.
My youngest was assaulted. But Ford is not even close to being assaulting. My daughter can tell you every detail so GFY.

Reactions: UNC71-00
If the GOP is willing to use the nuclear option to put partisan hacks that were groomed by the federalist society on the SC, then I see no reason why we shouldn’t just impeach them once the Senate and House get flipped.

If the GOP is willing to use the nuclear option to put partisan hacks that were groomed by the federalist society on the SC, then I see no reason why we shouldn’t just impeach them once the Senate and House get flipped.

And I see no reason that the law shouldnt return to only property owners being allowed to vote so we can keep people like you from having even a chance of influencing policy.

But it doesnt matter. He wont be impeached under any circumstances. That must be sad for you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT