ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Thank goodness for Meredith O'Rourke
Finally, someone who somehow promotes Trump in a decent light.

giphy.webp

Do you think this will haunt Biden decades from now like you-know-who?

PS - How did are you communicating with these folks who are 236 miles away and shut off from the modern world? Smoke signals?

Of all the things that never happened, that never happened the most.
- gunslingerdick
Cell service came back yesterday dipshit.

Do you think this will haunt Biden decades from now like you-know-who?

Biden will be dead soon. Who gives a f*ck?

PS - How did are you communicating with these folks who are 236 miles away and shut off from the modern world?

These neat contraptions called telephones. The ones today can send emails, text and call people. They're remarkable! Certainly you're aware of these things, no?

@blazers Thought you might want to see this in light of your post about food in England v Europe. It gets worse.

1. I stopped listening after she said America's favorite cookie is Oreos Birthday Cake. WTF.
2. She needs to go to Europe if she hates America so much.

Just kidding. I love her delivery, I hope it makes a difference. Europeans have fewer "western diseases" and less obesity despite loving their carbs, and the food industrial complex being so strong and free (a downside of capitalism) is probably part of it. Americans not walking is obviously a huge part too, but you gotta wonder about all the "processed" components we consume.

Also: Would

Reactions: Heels Noir
Then if you’re knowledgeable of cell phones, then why did you ask how I was communicating with my people in Tennessee? Oh, just trying to be intentionally obtuse? Ok. Got it.
The way you made it sound I figured all the cell towers were down. Joe Biden is working miracles again!

The way you made it sound I figured all the cell towers were down. Joe Biden is working miracles again!

I didn’t make it sound any way. If that’s how you interpreted my message, that’s on you. I’m passing along information given directly to me by someone in the area who says it’s complete devastation and the federal response in his area is suspect.

You don’t miss a chance to go to bat for your abusers. The Stockholm syndrome is strong in you.

Reactions: nctransplant
I didn’t make it sound any way. If that’s how you interpreted my message, that’s on you. I’m passing along information given directly to me by someone in the area who says it’s complete devastation and the federal response in his area is suspect.
Sorry but when I hear "complete devastation" what else should I be thinking? Nevertheless, I hope your people are okay and can make it through this as well and as quickly as possible.

Reactions: gunslingerdick
Cell service came back yesterday dipshit.

Cell service is still spotty as best for a lot of WNC. People in Asheville are lucky if they can even get a txt out or receive one. The only reason I’ve been able to reliably communicate with anyone is because of public access spots with WiFi.

WiFi that I’m now wasting by bothering to respond to fu*king moron.

• Haha
Reactions: Heels Noir
So do the Dems pull the switcharoo on the VP like they did for the President after taking an L in a debate?
ya think so? I saw two men that, surprisingly, acted very civilly and found common ground and showed where and how they differed. It was a nice change of pace. I could vote for either of those men. They can be co-presidents, for all I care. They both appeared rational, there was some humility... at least on that stage, they were. They both, of course, dodged the sensitive questions. Vance actually addressed more of the direct questions, I think. I didn't see either of them actually "win." They were both very articulate, respectful to each other. JD Vance did a helluva lot better than Trump.

However, Vance and Walz definitely raised eyebrows at the end, and that is what will be remembered. When Walz confronted him with "... that's a damning answer." Walz told a harsh truth. "When Mike Pence decided to certify that election... that's why Mike Pence isn't on this stage." And, the question of "where is the firewall?" is absolutely right. He followed it up with promising that he will abide by the outcome, just like Pence. Vance won't make the same promise.

Last edited:
So do the Dems pull the switcharoo on the VP like they did for the President after taking an L in a debate?
Weird, most of post debate polling had the night at a draw, even with Walz not being a good debater and Vance not being fact-checked.

Vance not believing in democracy and the constitution are tough position to defend.

Then there this...

I watched the first minute and realized it sounded like pre-2016 debates which involve spin, lies, and misdirection, then switched to Netflix (a man in full 4th episode [which is only so-so]).

But later switched over and heard the two being kind and apologetic regarding deaths of some pregnant women and victims of shootings... It was actually kinda strange to see since I thought they'd both be attacking Trump/Harris w vitriol. Then back to Netflix given the nice-guy/do-no-harm routines.

JD Vance won the debate if your method of keeping score is based on the level of dishonesty/number of lies told.

It was certainly a civil debate which I'm sure most Americans appreciate. There is no question that JD Vance is a strong debater and won in term of style points, but when you're arguing the policies of Donald Trump it's inevitable that the bullshit factor will come into play.

Reviewing the live fact check feeds, Vance's most egregious mistruths included:
- Vance claimed Trump turned over power peacefully after losing the election, citing Trump's comment to "protest peacefully" while ignoring what else Trump said: "Our country has had enough. We will not take it anymore and that’s what this is all about. We will stop the steal." Trump also said, "We will gather at the Capitol to fight the election results."
- Vance exaggerated food and housing price increases under Biden-Harris.
- Vance denied he ever supported a federal ban on abortions.
- Vance claimed Iran received over $100 billion in unfrozen assets thanks to Kamala Harris.
- Vance said that Trump salvaged the Affordable Care Act by working in a bipartisan way to ensure Americans would have access to affordable care. Unfortunately for him, he is contradicted by what Trump has said to the contrary.
- Vance claimed the Department of Homeland Security "has effectively lost" 320,000 immigrant children.
- For not the first time, Vance claimed that VP Harris "became the appointed border czar."
- Vance claimed Biden-Harris have not invested in clean air and water or a climate policy when in fact "$370 billion was made available for climate policy in the Inflation Reduction Act to spur American manufacturing in clean energy innovation, production and utilization."

Sources:

* Voter polls this morning show that Walz earned a 59% favorable rating compared to Vance's 41% for their debate performance.

Cell service is still spotty as best for a lot of WNC. People in Asheville are lucky if they can even get a txt out or receive one. The only reason I’ve been able to reliably communicate with anyone is because of public access spots with WiFi.

WiFi that I’m now wasting by bothering to respond to fu*king moron.
GFY, I made clear where my son was. Maybe pay better attention. And I'm pretty sure I didn't ask for your response CatDaddy.

JD Vance won the debate if your method of keeping score is based upon the level of dishonesty/number of lies told.

It was certainly a civil debate which I'm sure most Americans appreciate. There is no question that JD Vance is a strong debater and won in term of style points, but when you're arguing the policies of Donald Trump it's inevitable that the bullshit factor will come into play.

Reviewing the live fact check feeds, Vance's most egregious mistruths included:
- Vance claimed Trump turned over power peacefully after losing the election, citing Trump's comment to "protest peacefully" while ignoring what else Trump said: "Our country has had enough. We will not take it anymore and that’s what this is all about. We will stop the steal." Trump also said, "We will gather at the Capitol to fight the election results."
- Vance exaggerated food and housing price increases under Biden-Harris.
- Vance denied he ever supported a federal ban on abortions.
- Vance claimed Iran received over $100 billion in unfrozen assets thanks to Kamala Harris.
- Vance said that Trump salvaged the Affordable Care Act by working in a bipartisan way to ensure Americans would have access to affordable care. Unfortunately for him, he is contradicted by what Trump has said to the contrary.
- Vance claimed the Department of Homeland Security "has effectively lost" 320,000 immigrant children.
- For not the first time, Vance claimed that VP Harris "became the appointed border czar."
- Vance claimed Biden-Harris have not invested in clean air and water or a climate policy when in fact "$370 billion was made available for climate policy in the Inflation Reduction Act to spur American manufacturing in clean energy innovation, production and utilization."

Sources:

* Voter polls this morning show that Walz earned a 59% favorable rating compared to Vance's 41% for their debate performance.
....Vance claimed the Vice President of the United States is all-powerful, like a king. All she needs to do is say the word and it be law. Lol. Yale educated and doesn't remember 9th grade civics; or he's just pathological liar who thinks of maga marks are all imbeciles. Yeah, he just thinks his maga 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 are imbeciles.

Tiananmen Tim got his ass handed to him. Face facts. He's just a knucklehead I guess. I didn't think it could get worse than Harris but it definitely can.

Harris vs. Trump rematch seems more likely than before. I don't think Trump can live with Vance performing better than him.

• Haha
Reactions: blazers
And isn't it just like Trump to think he could do a better job than Vance in a debate redux?
I've been seeing some of the most recent campaign addresses... and, he really seems to be slowing way down. A few seemed really bad. He went on a tangent in Wisconsin, where he was trying to describe R. Lee Ermys performance and role in Full Metal Jacket. It was bizarre. Kimmel was lampooning it.

This might happen on both sides, but regardless it's horrible. Dirty money plus just a two-party system is going to ruin our govennment.

Also i'm gonna tangent this to a "please tax the rich" argument. When you have so much money that you can do this, then you should be contributing to our nation's function and execution, not trying to "game" politics

It's a funny jab at Biden, but honestly would things be any different if a smooth talker like Josh Shapiro or Gavin Newsom was up there? Nope.
Agreed - the Vice President is an essentially useless position that is just there to take a beating on generally unfixable issues that the President doesn't want to take a beating on (Pence with Covid, Harris with the border/illegal immigration). Shapiro/Newsom likely would have been a better match in a debate for Vance than Walz was - they seem much slicker. I'm still not really sure why Harris chose Walz, certainly less word salads than she has but he still seems like often times he's not delivering the message he's trying to. I initially wasn't sure why Trump chose Vance, but now it seems more clear that he's a great counterbalance to Trump's boisterous/abrasive style.

Last edited:
All this talk about Haitians has me desirous of @bleeduncblue ’s opinion. If I remember correctly, he adopted a Haitian child and because of that, spent a lot of time down there.

Sup @bleeduncblue ?
@gunslingerdick ... i'm not sure what's true or not true. But I have spent close to a year of my life in Haiti and can tell you with 100% certainty that they will eat any animal. Nothing is off-limits. But I've never gone 3 or more days without food, so I wont judge.

@gunslingerdick ... i'm not sure what's true or not true. But I have spent close to a year of my life in Haiti and can tell you with 100% certainty that they will eat any animal. Nothing is off-limits. But I've never gone 3 or more days without food, so I wont judge.
So, PEOPLE who are starving will eat any animal. Doesn't matter where their so-called ethnicity is, or might be. If they're starving, they'll try to get sustenance from just about anything. Props for not judging.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT