ADVERTISEMENT

Random games thread

The frustration I have with the selection committee is these made up algorithms and rankings. Arizona State had the same record in the Pac 12 we did in the ACC, lost to Texas Southern and lost to SAN FRANCISCO BY 40, their only win over a ranked team was at Arizona on a full court prayer at the buzzer but are considered in the tournament lock because they beat some mediocre teams on the road. Our loss at VT without Bacot was certainly a terrible loss but other than that our only loss to a non tournament team was at Wake. We have 13 losses and half of those are Dook and UVa twice, Miami, and a 4 OT loss to Bama on a neutral court

Im a firm believer in if you win on the court the committee doesnt matter but i cant wrap my head around how some other bubble teams would get in over us. Look at Utah States schedule this year and tell me we would have 7 losses playing the likes of Air Force, San Jose St, and Boise St every night

Purdue trying to earn that final 1 seed, safely into the Big 10 final. With the key injury suffered by UCLA their Championship game against Arizona tonight will be interesting. I think it is down to those 2 for the final 1 seed.

Vandy's hot run to try to steal a bid falls short, Cincinnati bows out meekly getting blown out, but Penn State continues their run bouncing Indiana and solidifying their place in the dance, outside of the 1st four.

Watching a heck of a game between Kansas and Texas, two very talent teams going head to head for the Big 12 Championship. Texas leading at the half 39 to 33.

Well it appears that there will be a Cinderella team at this years sweet sixteen. That's good for college basketball, love seeing the mid majors earn some respect.

Reactions: Archer2
Xavier shooting the 3ball lights out, Pitt struggling from behind the arc. Big lead at half

Wow! Nowell for Kansas St. taking over the game looking like the Globetrotters.

Reactions: RP12
Wow! Nowell for Kansas St. taking over the game looking like the Globetrotters.
That was a rock fight for most of the 1st half. Neither team could throw it in the ocean until the final few minutes.

Saw a stat that showed from 1980-2019 that at least one of Unc, Kansas, Kentucky & Dook made the sweet sixteen, but from 2021 -2023 there have already been 2 years where not one of them has made it

Saw a stat that showed from 1980-2019 that at least one of Unc, Kansas, Kentucky & Dook made the sweet sixteen, but from 2021 -2023 there have already been 2 years where not one of them has made it
And if Miami doesn’t come through tonight it’s the first time in like 41 years that no ACC team is in the sweet 16 (and Miami isn’t even really a legit old school original ACC team)

Lady Heels put forth a great effort today, hard beating a top ten team on their home court during tournament time. But the ACC women's are doing quite well in the tournament thus far, with Louisville beating UT on their home court, and Miami leading number one seed Indiana on their home court at the half. League has gotten better each and every year with good coaches, and the talent level coming in. Let's see if anyone can dethrone South Carolina women this year?

With all of the Hubert angst, Wes, the 2nd choice just lost to Utah Valley in the N.I.T, after a 2nd no tourney regular season. He has had a much rougher 2 years at Cincinnati then Hubert's Natty game run 2 year experience. The pitchforks are out for Wes too, claiming he is above his head at that mid major level from their fanbase as well. I hope their administration there shows some sense as ours should.

Expected that from the Cincinnati fans since they lost to Utah Valley last night, in all sincerity Utah Valley is a very good team. Most fans are impatience, and they want results right away, and if it does not happen, then they begin to point fingers and blame. Also, Stackhouse team lost in the NIT semifinals as well, probably going to be some disgruntled fans there as well about his coaching.

Kansas State beats Sparty in OT. Marquis Nowell, the Wildcats 5’8” guard, had 20 points and 19 assists. He was responsible for 63 of the Wildcats’ 98 points and played the last 15 minutes with a sprained ankle injury.
l usually could care less about any other team except the Heels, but couldn’t stop watching this game.
Both teams played hard without plating dirty, made clutch shot after clutch shot. Nowell completely
dominated Sparty’s D and strip/blocked/stole a final MSU three point attempt and sealed the win with a layup
at the buzzer. Catch the replays if you can. It was sensational basketball the way it’s meant to be played.

Kansas State beats Sparty in OT. Marquis Nowell, the Wildcats 5’8” guard, had 20 points and 19 assists. He was responsible for 63 of the Wildcats’ 98 points and played the last 15 minutes with a sprained ankle injury.
l usually could care less about any other team except the Heels, but couldn’t stop watching this game.
Both teams played hard without plating dirty, made clutch shot after clutch shot. Nowell completely
dominated Sparty’s D and strip/blocked/stole a final MSU three point attempt and sealed the win with a layup
at the buzzer. Catch the replays if you can. It was sensational basketball the way it’s meant to be played.
Great game !!! Won some money on K State pulling it out as well.

Overlooked, kid I saw a lot of coming up, Johnell Davis continuing to play tough for Florida Atlantic after his epic performance last round.

UCLA blowing the big halftime lead. Then Gonzaga blowing their big lead in the final 2 mins. Then that deep Strawther shot. Then Tyger's shot almost went in. Dayummmm

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT