ADVERTISEMENT

Random games thread

Do not expect any help from Michigan this year, they are a terrible team. Went the last 5 minutes or so without even scoring against Indiana.

Well, it getting more interesting as Northwestern upset #1 Purdue today. Parity is here, and will be a major factor in the NCAA tournament this year.

TCu's floor looks like a bad acid trip.
Oregon's floor is worse. Imagine playing 4 years of home games on that hard on the eyes disaster. I don't know how it doesn't impact players sights for shooting, making passes, etc

Losing on buzzer beater is a tough pill to swallow, since we have been there on the biggest stage, and in the biggest game. Hate it for any team, regardless of who they are, it sucks.....

Ohio State lost again and is no longer quad 1. We have no quad 1 wins now. Only P6 Team in top 70 of net with no quad 1 wins at 0-8.

Does not speak well on making the NCAA tournament unless we win the ACC tournament. Sad but true.

Seems lil Carolina maybe getting fed up with Jackson. He was on the bench during their game with vandy this week while they were trying to come back.

Seems lil Carolina maybe getting fed up with Jackson. He was on the bench during their game with vandy this week while they were trying to come back.
He has come off the bench last 3 games I believe. Zero chance he,is on that TEam next season.
Wonder if the Nil money that the Columbia big wigs ponied up, has been recouped? Fans have to be tiring of his act. He is more immature than I imagined, but I always thought he NEEDED that last year of HS.

Wes in trouble at Cincinnati, bad loss blowing a good sized lead to East Carolina.

Last edited:
Lol they have one more win than we do at the moment.
Yep, and struggling, was rooting for a strong finish if he could get to the tourney somehow it might take some of the heat off of him a bit. This was a must win. Gonna have to win the conference tourney now with their schedule.

Last edited:
Reactions: alabamaheel
Not a single game per se but since my oldest son is in law school at Alabama, Ive followed and cheered for them in times when the Heels have disappointed this year.

Alabama is really athletic with what seems like a decent pro lineup. But wow do they have some bad stuff swirling overhead.

Two guys are charged with murder via a
drive by shooting of a girl near campus in Tuscaloosa. Both are up on capital murder charges including a player who didn’t play much -
who has been released from the team. Both are charged even though the player didn’t pull the trigger. In Alabama being in the car is enough.

Now it’s come out that the gun used in the murder was owned by the Tides top player and consensus top 5 draft pick Brandon Miller.

The DA says there is no crime that Miller can be charged with. Still - it seems like a huge ominous dark cloud hanging over the team. I think it’d be hard for the team and coach to keep focus with all this swirling around the team in the media, courts, etc

Just wanted to point out from what I read, the gun was owned by Miles, the Bama player charged in the murder, but Miller did bring the weapon at his request.

https://www.al.com/news/2023/02/dar...o-kill-jamea-jonae-harris-police-testify.html

Stunningly sad details though. The woman had a 5-yr old son.
Indeed - and thanks for the clarification.

Some people paint Alabama generally to be a backward, racist state. That hasn’t been my son’s experience especially on the campus and in the law circles. There sure are distinct economic classes of haves and have nots on the campus. Lots of rich spoiled fraternity and sorority kids.

But what has been shocking to my son there is how many seedy dangerous, crime infested areas there are especially in Birmingham, Montgomery, and Tuscaloosa. Lots of places you don’t want to be alone in especially in the dark

Indeed - and thanks for the clarification.

Some people paint Alabama generally to be a backward, racist state. That hasn’t been my son’s experience especially on the campus and in the law circles. There sure are distinct economic classes of haves and have nots on the campus. Lots of rich spoiled fraternity and sorority kids.

But what has been shocking to my son there is how many seedy dangerous, crime infested areas there are especially in Birmingham, Montgomery, and Tuscaloosa. Lots of places you don’t want to be alone in especially in the dark
I can attest to most of this. We live in a small city here but definitely crazies in those places. Problem areas in all states are the larger cities. Fact.

Reactions: Heelicious
Watching Bama's offense after watching our offense. 🤯
We don’t have a guy like Miller on our team. Alabama is stacked with talent. But aren’t super smart

As only a freshman - Miller reminds me a bit of Durant. He’s that good. Inside and out.

GG scores 19 but on 8 for 20 shooting, three rebounds and five turnovers.

No thanks- have plenty of those

We don’t have a guy like Miller on our team. Alabama is stacked with talent. But aren’t super smart

As only a freshman - Miller reminds me a bit of Durant. He’s that good. Inside and out.
Too bad about the whole murder thing. He looks amazing on the court. 4 out, 1 in pick and roll works with a good lead ball handler and some shooters. We don't have either of those ingredients unfortunately.

Idk if it's Wilcher, Cadeau, or Jackson, but I'll take whoever can lead the offense next year, reclass or no. We need a lead guard.

Purdue still holding on to a 1 seed, but they are struggling of late. Familiar reason, they have gone cold from 3. Even with the big fella being efficient ya gotta have be able to score from 3land.

Virginia beating Clemson tonight is very helpful, they need to hang on as a quad 1 home victory to make our case easier.

Oh, and Iowa totally went into Bloomington and depantsed IU tonight. Did not see that coming. 😳

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT