ADVERTISEMENT

Random games thread

durham helped as well, right?…i can’t keep track of this new formula.
Yeah, I think dook would still of been a quad 1 even if they had lost, but for the eye test it matters. Beating dook would be huge for where we sit, losing would probably mean a semi finals run is needed in the ACC tourney.

Reactions: gteeitup
Stack has Vanderbilt playing well in the 2nd half of the season. Just went into Rupp and knocked off a hot Kentucky squad.

Stack has Vanderbilt playing well in the 2nd half of the season. Just went into Rupp and knocked off a hot Kentucky squad.
Stack is a really good coaching mind. Great X and O guy. If he can recruit talent to Vandy he can win there.

UK shot 3 times as many free throws as Vandy, but I’m sure they feel like they were robbed by the officials.

I can’t remember a game we lost where we shot 3 times more FT’s than our opponent. Refresh my memory.
I think he is referring to the 1st NC State game. Not sure what the final total was, I would guess 3 times as many though fits that one.

I think he is referring to the 1st NC State game. Not sure what the final total was, I would guess 3 times as many though fits that one.

I’m sure we have, but I’ll bet we’ve won every one of those games. Secondly, Gary doesn’t always say we got hosed, just that the officiating was bad & we didn’t adjust or play through contact. I know we have fans that piss & moan, but not to the magnitude of UK fans, that was really my point.

Reactions: gobblercalls
Kentucky is a lot like us.. SEC is a very weak conference despite how the media likes to view them. The only good team in that conference is Alabama, everyone else is mediocre. The streak Kentucky went on is nothing special, just like how ours isnt special. Beating Notre Dame and FSU should not be a surprise, it should be basically guaranteed. And before anyone says Tennessee, Tennessee is not a great team.

Reactions: tarwhiz
Virginia is going to fall out of Quad 1. They are 30th now and no matter the result vs UL they are gonna lose more ranks. They would need some wins in the ACC Tourney to get back up to quad 1. Duke potentially also could fall out of quad 1 if we beat them and/or they lose their 1st game in the ACC Tourney.

Michigan and Ohio State could both become quad 1, but Michigan is a bubble contender. Michigan plays Illinois tonight. The win probably gets them to Quad 1 for us, but again we compete against the. Ohio State plays Michigan State Saturday. Ohio State probably needs that win and 1 or 2 more in their tourney to get to quad 1 for us (they aren't a threat for a bubble spot). Michigan State losing would also potentially help us on the bubble.

ACC metrics are really hurting us across the board.

Also cheer for Purdue tonight and Texas Tech on Saturday.

Last edited:
Reactions: dtodd4475
We need the guys ranked in the top 10 to do their thing tonight. Playing some bubble teams.

Virginia is going to fall out of Quad 1. They are 30th now and no matter the result vs UL they are gonna lose more ranks. They would need some wins in the ACC Tourney to get back up to quad 1. Duke potentially also could fall out of quad 1 if we beat them and/or they lose their 1st game in the ACC Tourney.

Michigan and Ohio State could both become quad 1, but Michigan is a bubble contender. Michigan plays Illinois tonight. The win probably gets them to Quad 1 for us, but again we compete against the. Ohio State plays Michigan State Saturday. Ohio State probably needs that win and 1 or 2 more in their tourney to get to quad 1 for us (they aren't a threat for a bubble spot). Michigan State losing would also potentially help us on the bubble.

ACC metrics are really hurting us across the board.

Also cheer for Purdue tonight and Texas Tech on Saturday.
And UCLA. Purdue & UCLA tonight.

Dawson Garcia comes up big as Minnesota knocks off a staggering down the stretch Rutgers. Rutgers is still on the right side of the bubble after it, but the bad loss now puts them in view of the wrong side. Big loss for a team who looked fairly safe to be in.

One of our former lightning rod players for this board, Mr. Platek and Siena takes a tough loss to Manhattan, they and him especially have been really struggling lately. For his career continuing much more they always needed to win the conference tourney for the big dance chance, but the NIT looks like a reach now too.

His year has been interesting. Rough finish for sure. Hope they can get it back together for their Conference Tourney.

Did anybody else catch the health scare Mattew Mayer had for the Illini.

He suffered caffeine poisoning after drinking 6 Monsters to play his video games. He said he liked to have a caffeine euphoria or something like that to really enjoy his video games... 🤣 That was a new one for me... 🤣

Did anybody else catch the health scare Mattew Mayer had for the Illini.

He suffered caffeine poisoning after drinking 6 Monsters to play his video games. He said he liked to have a caffeine euphoria or something like that to really enjoy his video games... 🤣 That was a new one for me... 🤣
I saw a video of him talking about it somewhere online.

Those "energy drinks" sound like they could do some damage of you're not really careful.

He took eight straight shots for Illinois in the second overtime missing the last four. Thankfully Michigan had Joey Baker trying to tie the game

Iowa State just hammered Baylor @ Baylor, Seton Hall crushed Providence @Providence, Bama looks like they are in trouble @ A&M. Could be an interesting final weekend for positioning going into the dance.

Reactions: Heelicious
Guys need to pay attention to the Big10 tournament this season for a couple reasons.
#1 watch Trey Kaufman- Renn from Purdue. 6'10" former 4 star that Carolina recruited a few years ago. If Eddy comes back for his Sr year, there is going to be a MASSIVE log jam in Purdues frontcourt. TKR is currently backing up Eddy at the 5 with Caleb Furst and Mason Gillis sharing the 4 spot.
TKR redshirted last year to get stronger, and from the look of his body HE HAS!💪
Pudue has a 4 star PF and a 5 star wing coming in next season and Purdue fans are worried TKR will look to go elsewhere if Eddy returns.
I saw him in HS, He is skilled and athletic. He can shoot 3' s and defend the rim. He also has 3 years of eligibility, after 2 years in Matt Painters program. If he is available in the Portal at seasons end, he would be one of my first calls if I was Hubert.
2nd thing to watch for: Tyson Walker of Michigan St. Played in the Dean Dome a few years ago before transferring to Mich St. I mention him because he is 6'0" tall and playing the shooting guard for State, with 6'4" Hoggard playing the point. Walker is playing the role I would like to see R.J. play next season, if Wilcher can play the Lead Guard role.

Guys need to pay attention to the Big10 tournament this season for a couple reasons.
#1 watch Trey Kaufman- Renn from Purdue. 6'10" former 4 star that Carolina recruited a few years ago. If Eddy comes back for his Sr year, there is going to be a MASSIVE log jam in Purdues frontcourt. TKR is currently backing up Eddy at the 5 with Caleb Furst and Mason Gillis sharing the 4 spot.
TKR redshirted last year to get stronger, and from the look of his body HE HAS!💪
Pudue has a 4 star PF and a 5 star wing coming in next season and Purdue fans are worried TKR will look to go elsewhere if Eddy returns.
I saw him in HS, He is skilled and athletic. He can shoot 3' s and defend the rim. He also has 3 years of eligibility, after 2 years in Matt Painters program. If he is available in the Portal at seasons end, he would be one of my first calls if I was Hubert.
2nd thing to watch for: Tyson Walker of Michigan St. Played in the Dean Dome a few years ago before transferring to Mich St. I mention him because he is 6'0" tall and playing the shooting guard for State, with 6'4" Hoggard playing the point. Walker is playing the role I would like to see R.J. play next season, if Wilcher can play the Lead Guard role.
Wilcher is NOT a point guard. Wilcher is good at attacking the basket to get his own shot, and a good defender. Think Dexter Strickland without the broken jumpshot.

Wilcher is NOT a point guard. Wilcher is good at attacking the basket to get his own shot, and a good defender. Think Dexter Strickland without the broken jumpshot.
Wilcher is a MUCH better ball handler and passer than Dexter was.

Reactions: Heels5150
No, he's really not. He'll end up being far better than Strickland bc his shooting form is better, he really good at drawing fouls, and he's just a vastly superior competitor (he's a dawg.) But his ball handling and passing are still a work in progress.

He's not a point guard. He'll thrive at SG.

No, he's really not. He'll end up being far better than Strickland bc his shooting form is better, he really good at drawing fouls, and he's just a vastly superior competitor (he's a dawg.) But his ball handling and passing are still a work in progress.

He's not a point guard. He'll thrive at SG.
I feel like so many people have posted contradictory thoughts about Wilcher so far. I guess we will find out when he gets to campus!

Just another example that Cory Alexander is an idiot he just said that the Syracuse Georgetown rivalry is bigger than the dook Carolina rivalry especially back in the day…..idiot

Just another example that Cory Alexander is an idiot he just said that the Syracuse Georgetown rivalry is bigger than the dook Carolina rivalry especially back in the day…..idiot
I live in the middle of the Auburn and Alabama rivalry. People around here know who the greatest basketball rivalry belongs to.

Reactions: Heelicious
Dook just won the ACCT Title😣
Orhad Omier just sprained an ankle and is OUT rest of game.
It was a bad one too, his availability for the NCAAT is probably in danger. He won't be at full strength.

Yes he is wiz! Considering David Sisk has a VERY different take on Wilcher than does the poster you were replying to, I think I will go with the David Sisk take over the guy that seems to be trying to get his buddy fired from his job on the UNC bench! WoW, friends like that who needs enemies...

We won't, but it's hard to believe we aren't a consideration. With our net and sos we arguably have a better profile than a lot of other teams. Rutgers being in above us is a headscratcher to me personally.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT