ADVERTISEMENT

*UPDATED: BRACKETS HAVE BEEN SET* OOTB Chain Restaurants Tourney

Whatever source you jacked that from voted for The Melting Pot twice, once without the "the".
That was my bad. I originally had it with the "the" in front but then took it out to make it easier on THN. Same as Cheesecake Factory, just forgot to delete the original.

ETA: I resent the notion that I "jacked" that list. It was carefully cultivated over several hours of deliberate and thoughtful consideration. Good day, sir.

Last edited:
Reactions: TarHeelNation11
No to Plaza Azteca

Fair Enough...I didn't expect Plaza Azteca to make the cut anyway.

I had never heard of them but they both seem national. There's 3 of the PlazaAztecas in MA actually. The OMG Nachos actually look bomb.
I might have to walk back the Plaza Azteca ruling. There are about 15 in VA, 3 in NC, 3 in MA, 1 in NJ, 6 in PA.... Their branding is just so disorganized that a Google search doesn't make that evident. We'll allow it.

Burger King
Hwy 55/Andy's
Chili's
Cookout
Applebee's
Dairy Queen
Arby's
Bojangles
Hardee’s
Chick-fil-A
Cracker Barrel
Firehouse Subs
Hooters
Jason's Deli
Jersey Mike’s
Jimmy John's
KFC
Krispy Kreme
LongHorn
Maggiano’s
O'Charley's
Outback Steakhouse
Pizza Hut
Red Robin
Ruby Tuesday
Ruth's Chris
Taco Bell
Waffle House
Wendy's
Zaxby's
Fuddruckers
Golden Corral
Marco's

I'm not doing a whole list, just add a nomination for Bojangles to help make sure it gets the 1-seed it deserves.
motiondenied.gif

Reactions: tarheel0910
Burger King
Hwy 55/Andy's
Chili's
Cookout
Applebee's
Dairy Queen
Arby's
Bojangles
Hardee’s
Chick-fil-A
Cracker Barrel
Firehouse Subs
Hooters
Jason's Deli
Jersey Mike’s
Jimmy John's
KFC
Krispy Kreme
LongHorn
Maggiano’s
O'Charley's
Outback Steakhouse
Pizza Hut
Red Robin
Ruby Tuesday
Ruth's Chris
Taco Bell
Waffle House
Wendy's
Zaxby's
Fuddruckers
Golden Corral
Marco's

Good call on Andy's -- that place is awesome.

I just picked up a couple of McDonald's cheeseburgers for the first time in a looooong time. Say what you want about about McDonald's, but they have the nostalgia factor going for them. They still have the second best fast food fries behind only Bojangles. GFY if you feel otherwise.

I just picked up a couple of McDonald's cheeseburgers for the first time in a looooong time. Say what you want about about McDonald's, but they have the nostalgia factor going for them. They still have the second best fast food fries behind only Bojangles. GFY if you feel otherwise.

I'm sure those horse patties were overshadowed by the nice medley of chopped onions and cheap pickles.

I'm sure those horse patties were overshadowed by the nice medley of chopped onions and cheap pickles.
I never said their cheeseburgers were those of good quality. I said nostalgia, which nobody can deny it's there. I felt like I was 7 and my Mom just handed me a Happy Meal. That's a good feeling. Horse meat? C'mon...we used to say that in elementary school. Oh, and the diced onions are the best part. And the cheese left behind on the wrapper...nostalgia man, nostalgia. Took me back.

I never said their cheeseburgers were those of good quality. I said nostalgia, which nobody can deny it's there. I felt like I was 7 and my Mom just handed me a Happy Meal. That's a good feeling. Horse meat? C'mon...we used to say that in elementary school. Oh, and the diced onions are the best part. And the cheese left behind on the wrapper...nostalgia man, nostalgia. Took me back.

I'll concede the argument only b/c Bic Macs are the sh*t!

Carolina Brewery
Chick-Fil-A
Arby's
Sonic
Dairy Queen
Fatz
Olive Garden
Macaroni Grill
Cheesecake Factory
Wendy's
Burger King
McDonalds
Outback
Longhorn
Dunkin Donuts
Krispy Kreme
Jack in the Box
Hooters
BW 3
Pizza Hut
Sweet Frogs
McCalisters
Firehouse Subs
Jersey Mikes
Cook Out
Cracker Barrel
Bojangles
Five Guys
Subway
Applebees
Long John Silvers
Kentucky Fried Chicken
Ham's

I eat the occasional Big Mac but other than that I stay away from McDonald's. Not sure why though. I miss those premium wraps. Convenient and tasty.

Fuddruckers
Chuy's
Mellow Mushroom

I haven't read the thread at all so am just listing some I think people may not. Sorry (not really) if they have already been listed. If I had to put my favorite it would be The Cheesecake Factory probably. My favorite is actually a local brewery (with one in Knoxville as well) but they only have two restaurants so they don't count.

Fuddruckers
Chuy's
Mellow Mushroom

I haven't read the thread at all so am just listing some I think people may not. Sorry (not really) if they have already been listed. If I had to put my favorite it would be The Cheesecake Factory probably. My favorite is actually a local brewery (with one in Knoxville as well) but they only have two restaurants so they don't count.

Chuy's! Great call!!!

Fuddruckers
Chuy's
Mellow Mushroom

You've gotta vote for ones you like, regardless of if they've been mentioned. Otherwise, I'll have no empirical way to seed them.

I keep forgetting about Mellow Mushroom. Best chain pizza there is.
Is this an official vote for Mellow from you?

And I'm adding the following into the mix:

Carolina Ale House (and since we're going to count CAH....)
Taco Mac

You've gotta vote for ones you like, regardless of if they've been mentioned. Otherwise, I'll have no empirical way to seed them.

Is this an official vote for Mellow from you?

And I'm adding the following into the mix:

Carolina Ale House (and since we're going to count CAH....)
Taco Mac
What's the plan for a tie breaker? One thing I would suggest would be to throw out @coolwaterunc and @Blue2010's votes since they think McDonalds has edible "food."

We need more nominations guys. Remember we have to get to 64, and there are a bunch of stuff right now that's all tied at 1 or 2 votes.

Remember to please poast any you like, even if it has already been poasted previously. This way, it will give us quantifiable data to assign seeds later on. If we just make a list of 64 with no multiple votes, I'll be forced to seed all 64 myself, and that's guaranteed to piss everyone off.

Arby's
Hardee's
Taco Bell( great when drunk)
McDonald's
Big Boy
Subway
Jimmy John's
Firehouse
Texas Roadhouse
Olive Garden
Applebee's
Pizza Hut
Domino's
Wendy's
Dairy Queen

Adding the below to my first list...

Dunkin Donuts
KFC
Jimmy John's
Friendly's
In-N-Out
Boston Market
Chuck E. Cheese's
McDonald's
Wendy's
Burger King
Ben & Jerry's
Fuddruckers

That's why I had excluded In-N-Out in my first poast. Then, I went back through RH's master log and picked ones I liked from there. Since no one gave him crap over In-N-Out I figured we had bypassed that rule.
His list was a tl;dr. If I saw it, I would have failed him too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT