ADVERTISEMENT

We need EC and RJ back

UNC Blue Hup

Junior
Oct 4, 2015
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Jesus, RJ is a proven Carolina guy and the best returning guard in the country. Can you imagine how much better EC is gonna be! Year 2! The chemistry they will develop and confidence in each other, again year 2.. Anyone who disputes this has no knowledge of college basketball. We’ll get a shooter/defender and some bigs. Bottom line Heels have a Title chance if they both return.

Jesus, RJ is a proven Carolina guy and the best returning guard in the country. Can you imagine how much better EC is gonna be! Year 2! The chemistry they will develop and confidence in each other, again year 2.. Anyone who disputes this has no knowledge of college basketball. We’ll get a shooter/defender and some bigs. Bottom line Heels have a Title chance if they both return.
Is there some reason to think EC won't return?

I see no reason to expect bad chemistry, but good chemistry is not automatic.

If you were on premium you'd know a lot about both situations.

Sorry for the shameless plug, but you would know.

It's only $8.33 a month for a 1-year subscription. Same price it was when I took over almost ten years ago.
Honest question as I get most of my news from twitter these days… is there truly ground breaking info on premium boards you dont already see on twitter?

Reactions: andrew jones
Honest question as I get most of my news from twitter these days… is there truly ground breaking info on premium boards you dont already see on twitter?
I can't answer your question, but have one for you: In your experience, what are the best twitter feeds for good UNC basketball info?

I don't have a twitter account, but would consider it if I could feed my UNC addiction.

They might get it a little earlier but then it trickles down to Twitter. Gotta remember that premium information is wrong sometimes also as well. They can only relay information they get, and sometimes kids lie or change their minds last minute.

I can't answer your question, but have one for you: In your experience, what are the best twitter feeds for good UNC basketball info?

I don't have a twitter account, but would consider it if I could feed my UNC addiction.
Pardon me but I always thought that your primary Interest was the NBA. Hope that your Twitter request comes through then...

Yes. But more importantly, you’re getting vetted information from actual journalists who do this for a living. Most of the “truly ground breaking info” people find on Twitter is total BS.

This is the second time I’ve taken advantage of the crazy deals AJ offers a few times a year. Giving AJ, Jacob and the rest of the team here a shoutout is the least I can do. I know I’m getting way more value than I paid for.

Two things: It's vetted info if it comes from us, and we are as connected as it gets, unlike most of the peopleposting on Twitter. And, we don't put a lot of stuff out there so that it makes it to Twitter, Facebook, etc. We keep it only for premium subscribers. Also, the perspective offered has value as well along with the discourse on the premium boards.

The collective level of knowledge and understanding by posters on our premium boards is significantly higher than the free boards.

And lastly, people tag us with questions all the time on the premium boards, and we answer each one. So, for the price, which has not changed in ten years, I'd say it's a pretty good deal and you get a lot more than not being signed up.

I respect the idea of premium and hope that AJ makes as much money as he can. Getting info early just isn’t important to me.

What aout getting accurate info with background and understanding. Not to come off the wrong way, but only two media outlets are "inside" the programs, and we are one of them. We know what's going on, and can always provide tremendous background for why things happen. So, it's about a lot more than getting info first. It's always about getting it right, which I think is important. It's mindboggling how much inaccurate "info" about UNC football/basketball/recruiting is believed by the masses as true.

They might get it a little earlier but then it trickles down to Twitter. Gotta remember that premium information is wrong sometimes also as well. They can only relay information they get, and sometimes kids lie or change their minds last minute.

It's about a lot more than just recruiting and what kids say. We have a lot of intel on the boards that are about the teams. And the involvement in threads and answering direct questions carries tremendous value. And the Twitter world still gets most stuff wrong, and the discussions are so off-base from reality. I chuckle reading Twitter and FB threads about the stuff I cover, because I know the truth and see that very few people are even within striking distance of it.

I really want those guys back too! Harry, RJ, and EC were the exact type of Tar Heels we have always coveted! They are intelligent, hard working, team oriented, and exceptionally skilled! If all three come back and we get a few Portal additions like: Ballow, Bradshaw, Tyson, Quaintance(high schooler), etc we are once again a prime contender! The good news is Hubs is a recruiting master so I'm positive we will be great no matter how it shakes out!

Yes. But more importantly, you’re getting vetted information from actual journalists who do this for a living. Most of the “truly ground breaking info” people find on Twitter is total BS.

This is the second time I’ve taken advantage of the crazy deals AJ offers a few times a year. Giving AJ, Jacob and the rest of the team here a shoutout is the least I can do. I know I’m getting way more value than I paid for.
I won a short subscription in one of our prediction contests a couple of years ago. I enjoyed it. As a retired guy with a limited entertainment budget, I don't subscribe - but if they ever have a half-off special on the annual sub for old farts, I'd probably jump on it.

What aout getting accurate info with background and understanding. Not to come off the wrong way, but only two media outlets are "inside" the programs, and we are one of them. We know what's going on, and can always provide tremendous background for why things happen. So, it's about a lot more than getting info first. It's always about getting it right, which I think is important. It's mindboggling how much inaccurate "info" about UNC football/basketball/recruiting is believed by the masses as true.

Fair. If I still had the level of passion about Carolina sports that I did when I was younger, then what you say may entice me. But I don't. Naturally, as one ages, priorities change and you have to make room for other things. I love the Heels and I follow all the teams as much as I can without it getting in the way of more important things. I know $8 per month ain't much. Again, it's a hell of a deal for someone that wants to stay that tied in. I appreciate that. I'm just not your target anymore.

I won a short subscription in one of our prediction contests a couple of years ago. I enjoyed it. As a retired guy with a limited entertainment budget, I don't subscribe - but if they ever have a half-off special on the annual sub for old farts, I'd probably jump on it.
They have that special every year I believe.

I just got back on THI with Blue Heaven and Four Corners today…It’s worth it to me and only like 10 a month or something..Also on TOS as well…Can’t post there LOL got banned on the Political Board they have…I will say I enjoy THI more with the posters and this is where I stared posting back in 2004…Thanks to AJ and crew…Y’all do a great job…Really both Sites do a good job and are the only 2 I trust with UNC news…

Reactions: andrew jones
I did not realize he was negative substrate in the overrated formula of the Brotherhood.
Do tell.
No inside info but he just looked unhappy all year because he had to play the 5…He is a true New Age 4 man IMO…He was so much better as a Freshman with the kid that went Pro last year…His name was Lively or something…They had some chemistry issues on that team this year no doubt…

Is there some reason to think EC won't return?
With the way EC was benched so RJ could run point often I could easily see why EC would bolt from UNC if RJ returns. Hubcap's questionable (lack of) bench use and (lack of) developmental opportunities should and likely will be in the minds of both returning and incoming players, as well as potential recruits. From some perspectives RJ returning could be a liability. I am of that opinion.

I just got back on THI with Blue Heaven and Four Corners today…It’s worth it to me and only like 10 a month or something..Also on TOS as well…Can’t post there LOL got banned on the Political Board they have…I will say I enjoy THI more with the posters and this is where I stared posting back in 2004…Thanks to AJ and crew…Y’all do a great job…Really both Sites do a good job and are the only 2 I trust with UNC news…

Thank you. UNC fans are fortunate to have two outstanding sites covering them as closely and both of us do.

Really? I'll have to pay attention.
Anything that you buy you do so because the value to you exceeds the cost. Hey, I get it, $8 a month does not sound like much but to some it actually is. But AJ at least 3-4 times a year offers deals and if there is any value to you at all, if you look in on radar once a day, you have interest, maybe more than you realize. I won a year of premy on steat's contest but AJ had this crazy special deal going on at the same time, think it was like a year of premy for $20 bucks or so. So I took AJ deal and combined it with what I won from steat and had 2yrs of premy of which I am maybe half way thru now, all for around $20 bucks? Hard to tell me that the value of that does not exceed the price. I actually don't use the premy I have that much, I simple enjoy posting on radar more but to have access to David Sisk, that alone is worth the regular asking price. I purposely stayed off of premium for years because I did not and do not like the guy that David Sisk replaced. He is gone now and Sisk has replaced him and premy is now worth the asking price.

Gist is.

We have contacted at least

Ballo
Bradshaw
Omoroyui
Pope
Tyson
Wolf

Possibly more.

Tyson has an official visit next weekend. (Doing one in Tennessee this weekend)

Bradshaw is visiting Ohio State this weekend but appears to be ready to set a visit with UNC soon after a zoom meeting.

Wolf initiated contact but is on an official with Michigan this weekend

Waiting on decisions from RJ and Ingram.

Thought was Ingram would declare but he has done nothing so far to prepare for the draft and most already have. Many think the mock drafts don't line up with NBA thoughts for his draft position, and he would be much lower.

Both RJ and Ingram have reached out to UAC for ideas on their draft stock.

They think they would be in good position for Thiero if Ingram left. They have evaluated the option.

RJ has been focusing on the draft but it's likely he wouldn't be drafted.

Unc hasn't really contacted many guards because they are operating as if RJ will return.

Gist is.

We have contacted at least

Ballo
Bradshaw
Omoroyui
Pope
Tyson
Wolf

Possibly more.

Tyson has an official visit next weekend. (Doing one in Tennessee this weekend)

Bradshaw is visiting Ohio State this weekend but appears to be ready to set a visit with UNC soon after a zoom meeting.

Wolf initiated contact but is on an official with Michigan this weekend

Waiting on decisions from RJ and Ingram.

Thought was Ingram would declare but he has done nothing so far to prepare for the draft and most already have. Many think the mock drafts don't line up with NBA thoughts for his draft position, and he would be much lower.

Both RJ and Ingram have reached out to UAC for ideas on their draft stock.

They think they would be in good position for Thiero if Ingram left. They have evaluated the option.

RJ has been focusing on the draft but it's likely he wouldn't be drafted.

Unc hasn't really contacted many guards because they are operating as if RJ will return.
None of that is anything ground-breaking or new. It actually comports with what I (and others I think) have alluded to on here.

Nothing is definitive as of yet as to who is returning or leaving, but there is some reason to think our roster may not be quite as overturned as we initially feared.

Last edited:
With the way EC was benched so RJ could run point often I could easily see why EC would bolt from UNC if RJ returns. Hubcap's questionable (lack of) bench use and (lack of) developmental opportunities should and likely will be in the minds of both returning and incoming players, as well as potential recruits. From some perspectives RJ returning could be a liability. I am of that opinion.
LMAO

You still refuse to back up your claim that Hubert has recruited over 5 stars and burger boys.

You've just moved on to making other dumb claims.

As an update to my last post, the RJ situation is indeed looking more and more positive vis-a-vis returning, and Ingram continues to be a possibility as well.
I saw earlier on one of the 7000+ "Tar Heel" Facebook groups that Ingram is coming back. Fake news?

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
The positive vibes have been growing since the season ended! I feel really good about those two returning (and leading us on an even deeper tourney run) BUT I also feel good knowing Hubs has identified the proper portal additions already, so I believe he is ready either way. Come on back home Family! Let's do something special!

Tar Heel Family is alive and well!

If you were on premium you'd know a lot about both situations.

Sorry for the shameless plug, but you would know.

It's only $8.33 a month for a 1-year subscription. Same price it was when I took over almost ten years ago.
It’s your site, you can plug/matket/tease as much as you see fit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT