ADVERTISEMENT

Garrison Brooks...

Would signing Brooks help us with Knox?

We've heard all along that Knox doesn't want to be in a position where he has to play the 4. Having Brooks on board should reinforce the idea that he won't have to play the 4 here.

I know, I know, if we go small, Theo will play the 4. That's what we say. But if I'm Knox, it still looks like I may be playing the 4.

Is knox going to start at the 3? Are we really gonna bring a senior pinson off the bench or play him at the 2?

Would signing Brooks help us with Knox?

We've heard all along that Knox doesn't want to be in a position where he has to play the 4. Having Brooks on board should reinforce the idea that he won't have to play the 4 here.

I know, I know, if we go small, Theo will play the 4. That's what we say. But if I'm Knox, it still looks like I may be playing the 4.
Brooks won't hurt --- help if anything. The biggest hurt would be losing Tony (which, unless someone talks some sense into dad, is more and more likely to happen, and can have a ripple effect in more ways than one). As for Knox, the personnel situation is an issue in his decision, but ultimately may not matter as much as the willingness of some of our opponents to dip into some aspects of "recruiting" that we won't... so there's that. Personally, I've never been optimistic on Knox --- even when things have looked "good" --- especially since I've been made aware that there are more factors working against us than most know and/or are willing to acknowledge. But if Ol' Roy pulls this one off, hey, color me pleasantly surprised, and I'll gladly say so --- it would be quite the upset.

Brooks won't hurt --- help if anything. The biggest hurt would be losing Tony (which, unless someone talks some sense into dad, is more and more likely to happen, and can have a ripple effect in more ways than one).

I'd argue that the biggest hurt for us with Knox is losing Berry. Knox has repeatedly talked about playing with a good PG.

Reactions: Ned Cota
Brooks won't hurt --- help if anything. The biggest hurt would be losing Tony (which, unless someone talks some sense into dad, is more and more likely to happen, and can have a ripple effect in more ways than one). As for Knox, the personnel situation is an issue in his decision, but ultimately may not matter as much as the willingness of some of our opponents to dip into some aspects of "recruiting" that we won't... so there's that. Personally, I've never been optimistic on Knox --- even when things have looked "good" --- especially since I've been made aware that there are more factors working against us than most know and/or are willing to acknowledge. But if Ol' Roy pulls this one off, hey, color me pleasantly surprised, and I'll gladly say so --- it would be quite the upset.
If u had to pick 1 place for him to land, where do u think he goes.

I'd argue that the biggest hurt for us with Knox is losing Berry. Knox has repeatedly talked about playing with a good PG.
That could well be true, but JB is more likely to return than TB at this point. Unless somebody can extricate some bad info from their ears, we may have seen the last of the Bradleys. As for the Berrys, the only thing I can say for sure is that any source that has been claiming to "know" what their decision will be is simply guessing or insinuating their own reasoning. It could go either way, as JB pretty much confirmed yesterday in that interview. Hopefully the fact that this is a particularly bad draft for Joel will sway him back to Chapel Hill for a big senior season. We shall see...

If u had to pick 1 place for him to land, where do u think he goes.
Honestly, I could flip a (5-headed) coin ;). A few weeks ago I thought I had a good idea (and it wasn't here), but not so much anymore. Lotsa moving parts it seems. There's another poster on here who has way more imtimate knowledge of that particular situation than I do (or anyone else here) and I believe he is in the same boat, so that's what I'm going with.

Knox is not going to fsu or kentucky. Duke's insiders seem to have tossed in the towel on Knox. I think it is UNC or Missouri.

That could well be true, but JB is more likely to return than TB at this point. Unless somebody can extricate some bad info from their ears, we may have seen the last of the Bradleys. As for the Berrys, the only thing I can say for sure is that any source that has been claiming to "know" what their decision will be is simply guessing or insinuating their own reasoning. It could go either way, as JB pretty much confirmed yesterday in that interview. Hopefully the fact that this is a particularly bad draft for Joel will sway him back to Chapel Hill for a big senior season. We shall see...

That's just not accurate. There are actual real sources that do this for a living who say he's seriously considering leaving.

That's just not accurate. There are actual real sources that do this for a living who say he's seriously considering leaving.
He is seriously considering leaving... um, that's exactly what I said. Good grief. Why is reading comprehension so hard?
He has not made up his mind to go --- at least not as of 24 hours ago. What I said is accurate. It could go either way.

No offense, but you really do need to work on your reading comprehension, versus just arguing with Gary for the sake of doing so. This is what Gary said that you quoted in your rebuttal:

"As for the Berrys, the only thing I can say for sure is that any source that has been claiming to "know" what their decision will be is simply guessing or insinuating their own reasoning. It could go either way, as JB pretty much confirmed yesterday in that interview."

That is a far cry from saying that he isn't "seriously considering leaving". He obviously is.

The deal with Joel is not real complicated, he wants to go and if he is told a team is looking at him for their 1st round pick he will and should take it. Problem is he is not a 1st round pick. Most would say he would have to have a great showing at the combine to be assured of even being a 2nd round pick.

The question is does he take a 2nd round spot, answer is it depends on what teams tell him at the combine that they would rather he come back and work on aspects of his game as they did Justin with the potential to become a 1st rounder in the following draft? If he does not get as clear a answer then maybe he takes being a 2nd rounder or going undrafted and try to hook on with a team.

I would like to see him try the Frank Mason route, come back as a senior and be a pre-season candidate for NCAA POY. That got Mason in to the first round or at least should

Tony, should go to the combine and see what he is told, I strongly see him coming back, kid has so much that needs a lot of working and developent.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS and gary-7
The deal with Joel is not real complicated, he wants to go and if he is told a team is looking at him for their 1st round pick he will and should take it. Problem is he is not a 1st round pick. Most would say he would have to have a great showing at the combine to be assured of even being a 2nd round pick.

The question is does he take a 2nd round spot, answer is it depends on what teams tell him at the combine that they would rather he come back and work on aspects of his game as they did Justin with the potential to become a 1st rounder in the following draft? If he does not get as clear a answer then maybe he takes being a 2nd rounder or going undrafted and try to hook on with a team.

I would like to see him try the Frank Mason route, come back as a senior and be a pre-season candidate for NCAA POY. That got Mason in to the first round or at least should

Tony, should go to the combine and see what he is told, I strongly see him coming back, kid has so much that needs a lot of working and developent.

LOL Mason is not going in the first round.

For the NBA GAME....Ball, Fultz, Fox, Dozier, Smith, Evans, Goss, frank from france all will get selected in the first round before mason. Evans, goss, dozier can slip to early second.

Who Mason is going to sneak past?

LOL Mason is not going in the first round.

Really, of what I said that one line is all you latched on to? I believe I said he should, not that he would, should as in deserving considering the season he had, NPOY and all...

Reactions: gary-7
Coach didnt make the trip to see brooks. According to twitter brooks fam cxld the visit and mom aint answering recruiting writers' calls. Guess hes already decided one way or the other about unc. Stay tuned...

I would take Fox 1st over all. I know peeps love themselves some Fultz, but I see something special in Fox that can't be measured with a tape! Fultz and Ball are ballers no doubt, but I saw a OAD crying real tears because he couldn't close the deal for his teammates. He is long, explosive, and skilled AND he really cares about winning more than his own stats. He scored 30+ when the team needed it and deferred when it didn't. He played D and created for Monk when he had the hot hand.

I'll call it now: Fox's career will far outstrip Ball, DSJr, and Fultz (none of the other guards are even in this category)

JB has it too but he doesn't have the physical gifts to go with it. JB should return, get drafted next year, and show some team why they really got a prize in him!

Reactions: gauchoheel
So a tweet from Inside Carolina said there were "new developments" in the Garrison Brooks recruitment. Reading through some of the comments from other insiders it looks like we canceled our in home visit... If true, I really hope the whole thing w Knox pays off.

So a tweet from Inside Carolina said there were "new developments" in the Garrison Brooks recruitment. Reading through some of the comments from other insiders it looks like we canceled our in home visit... If true, I really hope the whole thing w Knox pays off.
Correction, the Brooks family canceled. Not us. Safe to say this ship has sailed?

Sounds like the trip was to receive his commitment but now he wants more time. Trip wasnt cxld due to lack of interest. Still says we're in it but couple new schools are in the mix evidently. (According to twitter)

After the last fiasco he wants to be sure this time. Evidently kansas has come calling. Cant blame him for wanting to hear their pitch. I think we still get him fwiw.

Really, of what I said that one line is all you latched on to? I believe I said he should, not that he would, should as in deserving considering the season he had, NPOY and all...

ummmm YES. U said it........ and you stated "That got Mason in to the first round or at least should".

Is knox going to start at the 3? Are we really gonna bring a senior pinson off the bench or play him at the 2?

If we get Knox he starts at the 3. Not only is that the best player to put at the 3, but it would also avoid the chemistry issues that would certainly result by having Knox come off the bench or play the 4. Even if Roy isn't guaranteeing him the starting 3 spot, Knox assumes he's guaranteed the starting 3 spot - which means there would be problems if he didn't get it.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Knox is considering Dook, and would likely play the stretch 4 for them, so I would surmise that Knox really cares about being allowed to play out on the perimeter and not his position. Dont see why Knox and Pinson cant start at both forward spots with a slight tweak to the offense approach next season, it is not like Maye is a traditional low post PF either.

Now I remember why I hate recruiting some times.

I miss winning nattys already.

Coach didnt make the trip to see brooks. According to twitter brooks fam cxld the visit and mom aint answering recruiting writers' calls. Guess hes already decided one way or the other about unc. Stay tuned...
They did cancel, but according to Brooks' coach and others that doesn't mean he has decided, but stay tuned for sure...

I would move on from Brooks, if he cancelled. No need for all this drama...for a player rank in the 100s

Yep. If I were Roy Id have no issue with backing off this one, hardly worth the trouble. I wouldnt be shocked if we get a replay of November all over again. A school like UNC shouldnt be giving a guy rated this lowly 3rd chances.

87wQl.gif

Yep. If I were Roy Id have no issue with backing off this one, hardly worth the trouble. I wouldnt be shocked if we get a replay of November all over again. A school like UNC shouldnt be giving a guy rated this lowly 3rd chances.

Too much family drama involved if they indeed cancelled us on short notice with no input from Roy. We really don't need Drew or Wear level drama again, regardless who the player may be.

Reactions: MikeJordan23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT