ADVERTISEMENT

Garrison Brooks...

Too much family drama involved if they indeed cancelled us on short notice with no input from Roy. We really don't need Drew or Wear level drama again, regardless who the player may be.

Yep. And as new info continues to pour in by the minute, I think Roy should run and run fast away from this recruitment.

I said when right before the kid got his release I was skeptical we should re engage with him, and unfortunately its appearing more and more like my skepticism was well founded.

I'd argue that the biggest hurt for us with Knox is losing Berry. Knox has repeatedly talked about playing with a good PG.
Knox has played with Jalek, right? Has he also played with 7th? Would his knowledge of those guys make him comfortable coming here even if Berry leaves.

[I think the chance of Berry leaving is minuscule, but I'm still curious.]

Bradley leaves and Roy brings in Bamba.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No, I don't really expect Bamba to come here. But just imagine the combo of Bradley and Bamba. Glancing at some list I saw that Bamba's reach is 7'9. Wow.

Talk about rim protection. With decent perimeter D, we'd be tough to beat. And on offense, it's alley oops all game long.

Reactions: tarheels0015
fwiw someone said the home visit with Brooks that he was going to commit .. supposedly told coach he was nervous etc .. was told to think about it & let them know when he was ready .. like i say take it for fwiw

Reactions: Archer2
He does.
Shame his original plan to commit to UNC got derailed. Hopefully all is settled and he comes aboard. We shall see...

Yup that's right tampering... First miss state accused Bruce pearl of tampering and said it would be to hard to prove. Now AU is saying g that SMU was tampering. What goes around d comes around I guess. Also AU is supposedly saying g we are getting the death penalty. Maybe that is why he was nervous if that's what he said

From my guy who has inside sources:

The visit today was for Brooks to commit. Brooks wants to be sure of everything before he pulls the trigger. Alot of stress and pressure so he requested them hold off. Unc told him when he is ready to pull the trigger to let them know. Basically Unc is not trying to add any other outside pressure and giving space. He is in contact daily with unc staff.

Take it FWIW but that's what he told me.

Lifted this from an insider...

Yup that's right tampering... First miss state accused Bruce pearl of tampering and said it would be to hard to prove. Now AU is saying g that SMU was tampering. What goes around d comes around I guess. Also AU is supposedly saying g we are getting the death penalty. Maybe that is why he was nervous if that's what he said
Well, first off, I'm not sure what "tampering" is when you're recruiting a player, and second, I spoke with an Auburn Rivals recrutiing guy today and he told me that Garrison has not reached out to Bruce or AU since he was released from his NLI, and both parties have, at least at this point, apparently moved on.

Just a reminder on background:
Garrison's mom went to AU and she was a basketball hostess there, and ideally wanted him to play there, but Bruce slow-played him back when he wasn't getting much media/recruiting attention. That in itself did not sit well with mom. Then Garrison blew up over the summer, the likes of Hubert Davis joined the hunt, and so now Bruce dispatched his whole staff to make a late push. So Auburn got back in play, but Garrison's "dream school" UNC offered. Meanwhile the wildcard was his biological dad pressuring him to join him at Miss State. Bottom line was mom was fine with UNC --- she made nice with but was still a bit miffed at Bruce, and Garrison loved UNC... plus it kept him from following his dad.

Garrrison, from what I understand, is now trying not to be pushed and pulled the way he was previously --- in other words he is understandably trying to take a breath and make a decision on his own. He's got some strong newer suitors in KU, SMU , et al, and he's already seen what the UNC situation is for him so he's exploring his other options. The question remaining is does he want to enter the freshman class at UNC with 2 other Bigs?... Is he waiting to see what Tony does?... does he want a fresh start?... I don't know the answers to any of that. We'll find out soon enough. Personally I'd love to have him...

From my guy who has inside sources:

The visit today was for Brooks to commit. Brooks wants to be sure of everything before he pulls the trigger. Alot of stress and pressure so he requested them hold off. Unc told him when he is ready to pull the trigger to let them know. Basically Unc is not trying to add any other outside pressure and giving space. He is in contact daily with unc staff.

Take it FWIW but that's what he told me.

Lifted this from an insider...
Now this post is likely correct^^^. Spot on, in fact, from what I was told.

Patience is indeed a virtue! Why peeps don't realize that they shouldn't jump to conclusions by now I don't know!

I feel optimistic about Mr. Brooks because the only constants in the whole recruiting saga have been his love for UNC and our pitch!

As for Mr. Knox, if he can't see through the lies from the Rat Lord.....

Eh...I think we'd be super thin up front and struggle to score if Bradley leaves and Knox doesn't come here. We'd still be good, but not NC contender IMO.

Who isn't thin up front in today's game. Heck we were one of the only teams with more than one post presence last season. Huffman/Maye will do just fine if that's what we have to do.

My 2 cents, I just do not like what I hear about our getting Knox, have not since the very beginning last summer. Missouri in so last minute, doesn't smell right, think he ends there. I see him as a one and done guy that can not accept that he should stay in college for at least 2 if not 3 years to develop his game.

Now with all this Missouri cloud around him, frankly, as of now, I think we may be better off with Brooks...Better fits our real area of need and does not think he is a wing when he is really a 4 or 5, unlike Knox.

Now as for Brooks, I think we get him, just needs a bit to collect his thoughts but UNC has always been in his heart, he didn't commit to us earlier because he was trying to keep family (dad) happy, he will follow his heart now and do so with mom's blessings to UNC. And FYI, like what I see from him in his senior season, player there and a kid that may be able to help us as a frosh, could be similar to the Collins kid from Wake...

Reactions: TheGLOV and gary-7
fwiw someone said the home visit with Brooks that he was going to commit .. supposedly told coach he was nervous etc .. was told to think about it & let them know when he was ready .. like i say take it for fwiw
Sounds logical to me. I think he wanted to sign with UNC all along but was being pulled between his mother's(Auburn) and father's(MSU) desires. He should just listen to his heart and join his dream team. After all, he's the one who will actually be attending the school, we just won yet another title, and he would get major minutes even if Tony returns. Win-win situation for Brooks.

As far as Knox goes.. I believe his parents input will prevail and he will commit to a coach and staff that has put in the long work to recruit him and has established a long relationship. With that being said, I don't believe he goes to Mizzu.. I think it's a race between tobacco road foes.

My 2 cents, I just do not like what I hear about our getting Knox, have not since the very beginning last summer. Missouri in so last minute, doesn't smell right, think he ends there. I see him as a one and done guy that can not accept that he should stay in college for at least 2 if not 3 years to develop his game.

Now with all this Missouri cloud around him, frankly, as of now, I think we may be better off with Brooks...Better fits our real area of need and does not think he is a wing when he is really a 4 or 5, unlike Knox.

Now as for Brooks, I think we get him, just needs a bit to collect his thoughts but UNC has always been in his heart, he didn't commit to us earlier because he was trying to keep family (dad) happy, he will follow his heart now and do so with mom's blessings to UNC. And FYI, like what I see from him in his senior season, player there and a kid that may be able to help us as a frosh, could be similar to the Collins kid from Wake...

If you had any inkling of what's going on behind the scenes I think your position would change radically on pretty much everything you wrote.

And he's nowhere near as good as Collins.

Reactions: TheGLOV
There is an insider on another board who has been pretty spot on with the Knox recruitment so far. He called the OV to Missouri two weeks before it was even talked about by anybody. He claims to know Kevin Sr. very well. Anyway, he says that Dook leads and always has with UK not too far behind. TIFWIW

Reactions: TheGLOV
Espn says Knox is between Missouri and Duke in their prediction.
That could be spot on, but if its from ESPN and its not coming out of some hot blonde's mouth (ok maybe brunettes too) I'm not listening to it. They're worthless these days.

Reactions: FlaTarHeel
If you had any inkling of what's going on behind the scenes I think your position would change radically on pretty much everything you wrote.

And he's nowhere near as good as Collins.

You have made references to "new info pouring in" and now speak of "behind the scenes". Would be nice to know what you know/have heard. Please, enlighten us.

LOUD NOISES
anchorman-i-dont-know-what.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT