ADVERTISEMENT

Baltimore

Nuk'EM Heels

Hall of Famer
Jan 1, 2010
Riots. Looting. Mayors says police need to give the rioters and looters space to destroy. Gonna be a long long long night, probably many many nights. And, the people who will suffer the most in the long run? The black community. Wonder how much of their neighborhoods will be left after the rampage is finally quelled?

Nuk,

Your talking about the riots, but ain't said jack about what caused it. Where's your outrage for the man's death in police custody??? He's not the first either??? Condemn the act on both sides. We are suffering, we're losing lives to a few uniformed thugs who are hiding behind badges. We're losing lives of friends, brothers, cousins, etc. When are those committing these crimes going to be held accountable???

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ma...0000-settlement-reached-in-beating/ar-BBiKntY

Another example

Last edited:
So, let 'em go and destroy what little the black community has left in Baltimore? Will that really satisfy you and those rioting? There is an on-going investigation into the death of the young man in question. Do you want that process to be short-circuited and the police officers under investigation handed over to the rioters for summary execution? What are you calling for exactly?

So, let 'em go and destroy what little the black community has left in Baltimore? Will that really satisfy you and those rioting? There is an on-going investigation into the death of the young man in question. Do you want that process to be short-circuited and the police officers under investigation handed over to the rioters for summary execution? What are you calling for exactly?

Give them the same chance they gave him!!!! You and I both know that if this goes to court, the police will be let go, regardless!!!!

Baltimore is one large landfill ! To protest peacefully is one thing but attacking officers and destroying property is another. I say shoot the looters and violent protesters.

Reactions: Old_School59
Obviously you didn't learn everything about Dr MLK, he lost favor with Johnson less than 12 months after the signing of the civil rights act, he began speaking out against the disparity in economics, police behavior and war in Vietnam. He was more of an activist than popular teachings want to discuss. My criminal justice studies taught me that you can bring all the evidence you want into a courtroom, but money, privilege and power will allow you to walk out everyday. Those rioting and protesting have the feeling that they have no money, privilege or power. Do I condone their actions?? No. But I understand how they feel.

Obviously you didn't learn everything about Dr MLK, he lost favor with Johnson less than 12 months after the signing of the civil rights act, he began speaking out against the disparity in economics, police behavior and war in Vietnam. He was more of an activist than popular teachings want to discuss. My criminal justice studies taught me that you can bring all the evidence you want into a courtroom, but money, privilege and power will allow you to walk out everyday. Those rioting and protesting have the feeling that they have no money, privilege or power. Do I condone their actions?? No. But I understand how they feel.

So, you really didn't mean the part about "Give them (the police) the same chance they (the police) gave him (the victim)? I really hope that's the case...

I was listening to a close relative of MLK today on TV and she was saying these thugs rampaging through Baltimore were acting completely contrary to the teachings and actions of MLK. I don't recall MLK leading riots, either. I don't recall MLK agitating in support of rioting... Are you saying he (MLK) was doing that, or wanted to do that, or would have done that given the opportunity? Are you saying MLK was really a closet militant that was waiting for the opportunity to get his gangsta on?

The black community needs to decide what it wants. Does it want a gangsta society or does it want a legit opportunity society based on the actual ideals and actions of MLK, where people are judged by the content of their character and not the color of their skin... Based on the actions of these gangstas in Baltimore, I would say all these gangstas really want is a gangsta society. Let's hope the rest of the black community doesn't follow the gangsta's lead...

Quick question Where exactly IS BarracK Obama on this ????? has he issued ANY words of condemnation????How about a call for calm and order???? perhaps from him and that hack Atty gen Holder???? HMMM

Nah too much to expect from thugs who have fooled so many people and sit idly by while the THEIR communities" burn

Ferguson,Mo ain't got nothing on Baltimore.

7 BPD cops already injured today . . CVS store set ablaze.

Bring back those old 1960 days . . . oh yeah.

That'll teach those cops to treat folks a little better.

Orioles baseball game cancelled, more lost revenue for the City of Baltimore . .

Remind me again why and what Mr. Freddy Gray was hauled off in a police van . . ? Why medical treatment wasn't given . . ? Why he wasn't seat belted in the police van . . ?

Self Destruction...you're heading for Self Destruction.

I wish all police across the country would go on strike for a month. One month with zero police presence and lets see how many change their tune about how they feel about them.

Self Destruction...you're heading for Self Destruction.

I wish all police across the country would go on strike for a month. One month with zero police presence and lets see how many change their tune about how they feel about them.
Amen! I can say this because I live in a county of 4500. I would not live in the high population places again for anything.

Is this the same relative of Dr King who's suing their siblings try to sell off their fathers legacy to the highest bidder???? Obviously they are not in tune with their fathers own wishes. Treasure your heritage and keep it for the generations to follow, not chase the golden coin.

Yes I think all those involved should receive the same treatment that they issued out to Mr Gray. He had broken no law when he was chased down and injured at the hands of the police. Those who want to bring up past arrests as justification are full of it. We're talking about the time and place the incident occurred. The police were trying to use it as why they arrested him, running is NOT PROBABLE CAUSE for arrest. The Asst Chief of Police already debunked their claim on that end.

Every community needs to make a decision on if the want the laws enforced equally across the board, or continue to hide behind the bias in the justice system that's exist and continues to thrive.

Treasure your heritage and keep it for the generations to follow, not chase the golden coin.

Are the actions of those rioting in Baltimore trying to get their future generations to "treasure their heritage?"

Is this the same relative of Dr King who's suing their siblings try to sell off their fathers legacy to the highest bidder???? Obviously they are not in tune with their fathers own wishes. Treasure your heritage and keep it for the generations to follow, not chase the golden coin.

Yes I think all those involved should receive the same treatment that they issued out to Mr Gray. He had broken no law when he was chased down and injured at the hands of the police. Those who want to bring up past arrests as justification are full of it. We're talking about the time and place the incident occurred. The police were trying to use it as why they arrested him, running is NOT PROBABLE CAUSE for arrest. The Asst Chief of Police already debunked their claim on that end.

Every community needs to make a decision on if the want the laws enforced equally across the board, or continue to hide behind the bias in the justice system that's exist and continues to thrive.

Those involved should be quickly investigated and charged with crimes if so warranted. If they end up going to prison, then they will face a treatment on par with Grays.

ETA- trying to get caught up on the specifics of this ordeal. What are the arresting cops suspected of having done? I read CNN, but it was vague. From what I gathered, he was cuffed on wrists and legs and thrown into a van and from there he had a spinal cord injury? I'm sure there is more to this.

Last edited:
Bring back those old 1960 days . . . oh yeah.

That'll teach those cops to treat folks a little better.

Yeah cause rioting has surely changed things. Look how much good it did in Watts, Los Angeles and, most recently, Missouri. Those riots caused major changes to occur in our judicial system.

Mayors [sic] says police need to give the rioters and looters space to destroy.

The mayor said the "protesters need their space to destroy" Another rising star in the sewer gutter that is Maryland politics
That's not what she said, unless of course you're desperate to believe the willful misinterpretations of her quote.

Rioting is dumb. But......

We are at a point now where I honestly don't know if police - civilian will ever return to normal. The slew of cop killings lately has been ridiculous. The choking in NYC last year, the accidental shooting of the man in OK by the rent-a-cop, the Charleston shooting. It all looks real bad on cops. And let's face it, cops don't need help looking like power-hungry, mean, uncaring assholes. I'm white and my personal experiences with cops are overwhelmingly very negative, and one never even been arrested.

Look I know there are a lot of good cops out there, but we need to have a serious, nationwide discussion about police, police training, and appropriate police tactics. I, for one, believe it's ridiculous that police are trained to shoot to kill, regardless of scenario. I also think tasers shouldn't be part of a policeman's arsenal. But that's just my opinion. Either way, something needs to be done to ease tension between police and the citizenry they're supposed to protect.

All that being said though, that's zero excuse for rioting, and everyone who participates should be punished to the fullest extent of the law, as well as held financially liable for all damages.

Reactions: yrusonvus
Having grown up In Maryland, I know that state and its politics like the back of my hand/ The innocent folks in Baltimore who did NOT vote for incompetent twits like the woman who runs that hell hole now, simply do not deserve the chaos she and the other " leaders" from the Left have created with their disastrous social and economic policies of the last 50 years.

I'm kind of mixed on this issue in a lot of ways. If I ran from a cop I would expect to be arrested. I would expect in fact to be slammed face down and cuffed. I don't know the specifics here though. I was much more on the side of the cops (though not completely) in the Ferguson case than here but that is more (or could be more) out of ignorance. I just don't know much about this.

I agree with Debo regarding one thing (other things as well but this in particular). I get the feeling some of them have. I'm white so don't really have it but get it. They feel there is no justice. They feel they are being picked on. Are they? Eh, I don't know. I've seen some white dudes roughed up pretty good for pretty minor things in the past and people don't go nuts. I think in the past there has without a doubt been an issue. I'm sure there are still racist idiots out there who are officers. I think it has now become a situation where any situation involving officers people lose their mind. I also think people don't realize how difficult their job is. I know people who have had to make split second decisions that have been the difference between life and death. It's tough. Do biases come into play? Perhaps. I think those biases are generally more based on location and history and things other than race. Generally. I'm not excusing dirty cops nor am I excusing looters. One is unacceptable (and needs to be addressed) and one is stupid beyond belief.

BTW, these two people talking (the Mayor and the Gov.) are kind of weirding me out.

Reactions: UNC71-00
That's not what she said, unless of course you're desperate to believe the willful misinterpretations of her quote.
That is what she said, give people space to destroy. What do you think she said? See below and attached link:
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — After days of peaceful protests in honor of the 25-year-old black West Baltimore man who died in police custody on April 19, demonstrations took a violent turn in Baltimore Saturday.
Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake held a press conference Saturday alongside community and religious leaders and asked for peace as hundreds marched in Baltimore in honor of Freddie Gray.
But when one reporter asked to comment on how Baltimore police responded to the protestors she said she instructed officers to allow protestors to express themselves and that “we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well.”

Link: http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/...those-who-wished-to-destroy-space-to-do-that/

Last edited:
Are the actions of those rioting in Baltimore trying to get their future generations to "treasure their heritage?"

I like the way you cherry pick a statement,. But to answer your question, yes riots/civil disobedience are a part of the history and heritage of America. Not only has the black community used this, but in the early 20th century, Italian, German and other immigrant communities used riots and civil disobedience to draw attention to the prejudices they faced in the United States. Workers used riots to address the issues of unsafe work conditions and low pay. Need i continue??? Do i condone the riots, no!! I've stated this before!! But I understand the frustration that they are feeling. Some of those out there are just looking for an excuse to commit crimes, some are paid to start these situations. Just as there were paid informants and rabble rousers in Dr King's protests, there are those who will perform the same services now.

Nuk,

Your talking about the riots, but ain't said jack about what caused it. Where's your outrage for the man's death in police custody??? He's not the first either??? Condemn the act on both sides. We are suffering, we're losing lives to a few uniformed thugs who are hiding behind badges. We're losing lives of friends, brothers, cousins, etc. When are those committing these crimes going to be held accountable???

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ma...0000-settlement-reached-in-beating/ar-BBiKntY

Another example
Do you know what happen to cause the mans death? No, because it hasn't been determined. Here's a news flash to blacks. No one, No one, not the Police, no one is out to get anyone because they are black! The gentle giant was a robber and a hoodlum, he could have walked away or even moved off the street.

Burning and rioting more than likey is created and carried out by people from other areas just looking for this opportunity. They didn't give a rats ass about who is dead, and how they died.

Let's destroys a business built by somone that had nothing to do with any action. If you are pissed at the Police go try and burn the Police station, see now that goes, don't pick on the innocent. If you think people treat blacks as thugs and criminals this is why they do!

This is a very scary situation. Not only for Baltimore, but for our entire nation. What happens in Baltimore is being watched around the country just like Ferguson was. And Ferguson gave way for this to occur in Baltimore. Baltimore will pave the way for even more serious threats in other communities as time goes on. I wouldn't go into law enforcement for $100,000 per year right now.

A couple of thoughts on what's already been addressed:
- I think the Mayor misspoke. I also think that she understands the severity of the situation and I think when you boil it down, she's doing what she can and trying not to incite.
- I guess I understand the frustrations from the poor black communities nationwide. But someone, somehow needs to get the message to them that the way they are choosing to address these matters IS NOT WORKING. Riots do not work. In fact, they have an adverse effect. When these situations happen, it paints poor blacks in a negative light and those with maybe the power to help don't want to because the "victims" are acting like uncivilized animals.
- I've been arrested several times (all before the age of 18) and I have never felt that any LEO I dealt with did anything improper. I also work closely with the local LEOs by nature of my profession and again, I have nothing but good experiences. I've seen the good work they do for the poor black communities in my area. It's a thankless job and I for one will applaud their efforts at every chance I get. Are there power-hungry crooked cops? Sure. But it is the great minority. Debo says "why are people calling attention to the acts upon Gray and choosing only to focus on the rioting?" By that same token, why are poor blacks only choosing to look at the very few incidents where a black person is mistreated and ignoring the many lives of poor black people that cops save daily in communities across the nation?

The civil unrest is at a tipping point and frankly, I'm not sure we can ever go back. I place a lot of blame on the Obama administration. Not only have they allowed this to occur, but IMO, he incites at every opportunity. He is the table setter in these conversations. And he's either not equipped to handle the magnitude of such conversations or he's purposely worsening race relations. Either way, he and his cronies have escalated these situations by inaction or the wrong action.

I'm not trying to be an alarmist, but the end of times may be near. The scene that I watched on the news last night is what I imagine Armageddon to look like.

The civil unrest is at a tipping point and frankly, I'm not sure we can ever go back. I place a lot of blame on the Obama administration. Not only have they allowed this to occur, but IMO, he incites at every opportunity. He is the table setter in these conversations. And he's either not equipped to handle the magnitude of such conversations or he's purposely worsening race relations. Either way, he and his cronies have escalated these situations by inaction or the wrong action.

I'm not trying to be an alarmist, but the end of times may be near. The scene that I watched on the news last night is what I imagine Armageddon to look like.

QFT

I'm getting a concealed carry permit ASAP. I have thought about it plenty of times but never done so; however it has become clear to me that it would be prudent to get this done sooner rather than later.

I'm getting a concealed carry permit ASAP. I have thought about it plenty of times but never done so; however it has become clear to me that it would be prudent to do so.

Agreed. So am I. I've never been a big gun guy (I only own 1 gun and it was given to me).

But on the other hand, what am I going to do? So let's say I get a concealed carry permit. Am I prepared to use it? Ok, let's say for a minute I am. What then? My sister and bro-in-law are radical right-wingers that talk all the time about civil war being imminent and how they're "prepared". They may be right. But if they are, and I prepare myself to handle the end of times accordingly, then what? Do I want to go on in a world that would be like that?

I'm sorry, I'm just ranting now. But this shit in Baltimore is disturbing on a level of which I've not seen. This makes Ferguson look like a civilized discussion on race relations.

I plan to use it to defend myself and my family should this be necessary. I read one story from Baltimore over the weekend about a family that was attacked near Camden Yards- that is what scared me.

What if I am walking to the UNC-South Cackalacky football game this August and a riot breaks out? I would rather be prepared than not. Although so far, it has been easy to see where one is about to go down- for instance, I would never have been near Camden Yards on Saturday night. But how long until twitter and facebook allow for flash riots to occur?

All I'm saying is that I don't want to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and with nothing to protect myself or my girls.

White people don't care when a white criminal gets killed. Blacks elevate them to sainthood. Brown was a criminal and was trying to kill the officer that killed him. Trayvon was a criminal. Garner resisted arrest and was a habitual petty criminal. He was not choked, but suffered cardiac arrest. The guy in Charleston tased the officer, maybe twice.
Facts matter.

I do have an issue with the officer in Charleston, let the guy run and get him later, but policemen have a tough job, and I don't want it, probably do neither most. We do want safe streets which we are losing gradually.
The silence out of Washington is a sign of this is what Obama wants. Look for ISIS to be joint the fray soon.

What's so scary is we have seen how Islamic radicals have multiplied in the last 10 years. If gang leaders can show the same intelligent approach to expanding their cause like the Islamic extremists have, then we are truly looking at the end of our nation as we know it. There are gangs in almost every community across the country - sophisticated gangs with affiliations that run deep and wide. Gangs are now reaching out through the network with instructions of killing cops and causing terror nationwide. And with every abuse of power, LEO's hands become tied tighter and tighter as to how to deal with criminal acts.

Scoff all you want at this notion, but there's not a whole lot of differences between the radical Islamists and sophisticated gangs. They both promote a belonging that their members can't find elsewhere. They both have started to use social media to expand their mission and it's working. And the most troubling shared aspect is that they are the toughest opponent to battle. Why? Because they don't care if they live or they die. Someone who is willing to die for the cause cannot be defeated.

I'm frightened.

Its hilarious to hear idiots rationalize the rioters as being disenfranchised and frustrated by a legal system that doesnt represent them or freddy gray and try to make them out as revolutionaries. Lol. They just see an opoortunity to rob and vandalize and burn shit. Thats it. They're crooks.

Riots. Looting. Mayors says police need to give the rioters and looters space to destroy. Gonna be a long long long night, probably many many nights. And, the people who will suffer the most in the long run? The black community. Wonder how much of their neighborhoods will be left after the rampage is finally quelled?

IMO, the law enforcement/military presence need to be massively increased and this upstart needs to be squashed before it ever gets started. A strong unified front will calm the masses.

@Nuk'EM Heels

"Because while we tried to make sure that they were protected from the cars and other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well."

She's clearly describing the causation of the destruction, not advocating it. But of course the second part of that sentence out of context makes better copy, which is why the media ran with it in the headlines.

@Nuk'EM Heels

"Because while we tried to make sure that they were protected from the cars and other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well."

She's clearly describing the causation of the destruction, not advocating it. But of course the second part of that sentence out of context makes better copy, which is why the media ran with it in the headlines.

Sentence structure is everything.

@Nuk'EM Heels

I never said she advocated for violence; she is responsible for the police reaction to the violence, which allowed things to get way out of hand on Monday...

This is her Quote from Saturday's presser when a reporter asked her a question, directly from the article: "But when one reporter asked to comment on how Baltimore police responded to the protestors she said she instructed officers to allow protestors to express themselves and that “we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well.”

Los Angeles has taken a step in the right direction by starting to use body cameras. I applaud this effort by the police commission. IMHO this would eliminate many issues with no one there but the officer and the suspects, this can also be used in police shootings to verify if it was justified or not. The camera will see what the officer sees. Hopefully it includes provisions for automatic termination/prosecution for violation of usage requirements. There should be no way an officer can manually override the camera.

http://news.yahoo.com/commission-ap...ras-221327121.html?.tsrc=samsungwn&.sep=table

Reactions: UNC71-00
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT