ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson at UNC——Saturday 11 January 2020

Here's the final 2:08. We were up 10 points at the time:

Clemson 3-pt - Brooks didn't contest strongly, but the guy was not a great shooter (7 point lead)
B-Rob turnover, horrible pass
Clemson layup, poor defense (5)
Leaky turnover, pass to nobody
Foul on Brob, Platek gets beat. Clemson makes 1 of 2 (4)
Brob missed contested 3 at the end of the shot clock
Clemson 3 pt (1)
Brob timeout (should never have called that given our struggles inbounding the ball)
Leaky horrific turnover - no one comes to the ball and so he lobs it up to Brooks backcourt
Clemson misses both free throws
Brob pulls up his dribble in the backdoor again, risking a turnover, but luckily gets fouled. Hits both free throws
Give up a difficult but not heavily contested enough three to Trapp to send it to OT. I think Brooks (or someone) got lost on a screen, and given a three was the only thing that mattered, even giving up something that open was inexcusable

That's about 10 possessions in a row with bad execution. Pretty silly.

I hate ALL losses but man this one hurts like crazy for all the obvious reasons. This is gonna sting for quite a while.

Here's the final 2:08. We were up 10 points at the time:

Clemson 3-pt - Brooks didn't contest strongly, but the guy was not a great shooter (7 point lead)
B-Rob turnover, horrible pass
Clemson layup, poor defense (5)
Leaky turnover, pass to nobody
Foul on Brob, Platek gets beat. Clemson makes 1 of 2 (4)
Brob missed contested 3 at the end of the shot clock
Clemson 3 pt (1)
Brob timeout (should never have called that given our struggles inbounding the ball)
Leaky horrific turnover - no one comes to the ball and so he lobs it up to Brooks backcourt
Clemson misses both free throws
Brob pulls up his dribble in the backdoor again, risking a turnover, but luckily gets fouled. Hits both free throws
Give up a difficult but not heavily contested enough three to Trapp to send it to OT. I think Brooks (or someone) got lost on a screen, and given a three was the only thing that mattered, even giving up something that open was inexcusable

That's about 10 possessions in a row with bad execution. Pretty silly.
UNC gave up. It's an embarrassment.

I hate ALL losses but man this one hurts like crazy for all the obvious reasons. This is gonna sting for quite a while.

It feels to me like the collapse that led to the Rivers 3.

I kept thinking no way we do this, and we did. I believe it but I don't. Incredible. I'm sick at my stomach

I may be finished with this team for the season. It's just not fun at all. It's a mess like the 8-20 team. They have nothing now.

Losing this game is historically, unprecedentedly bad!

I may be right there with you

This is uncalled for regardless of the talent level on this team. My God it’s clemsuck and just unacceptable

Listening to Roy man I hope he hasn’t given up too but someone needs to watch him and make sure he doesn’t jump off a bridge or something stupid.

I know he’s blaming himself but truth be told these guys would’ve found a way to lose even if he had reminded them to foul with the three point lead. I mean just watch the last four mins and you will say the same. Still not sure why leaky throws the ball into the backcourt with a defender in front of our guy (brooks I think). I mean that’s just like giving them points.

They acted like they were supposed to lose and keep making history so mission accomplished

I was worried if it got close the magnitude of the streak/history would terrify this group. It did. Looked a lot less about effort to me and more about lack of backbone

Seems most fans have given up on this team too. The DEan dome isn’t even sold out or at least full.

Seems most fans have given up on this team too. The DEan dome isn’t even sold out or at least full.

Could be the first time in forever the dook game has empty seats. I mean who wants to see that live and in person?

Our guards that we have to run out there are in WAY over their heads. They look like the proverbial "deer in the headlights" trying to create anything, just handling the rock let alone create to score. Opponents eyes light up and just attack at will.

Pitt game 2nd half as well. Pitt's solid, but not special guards had their way with our never meant to play more then spot minute guys and in Leaky's case not meant to be the primary ball handler. Clemson just turned them over like high school JV level guards down the stretch. NOBODY wanted the ball, panic mode!

Honestly, they are just in over their heads playing extended minutes, handling the rock, and in crunch time no less. Just awful.

It is what it is, hopefully Roy adjusts some, and doesn't just resort to well they are not talented. That is your roster, coach it, no way he should have lost that game, really the Pitt game either.

And to pour salt into the wound we don’t play again for a week. God it’s gonna be a looong week.

I was hoping that I would be dead before this streak ended I guess I’ve lived too long lol. Yes I’m too young in my eyes as well

Agree. We played good enough to win for 38 minutes. But totally shat ourselves in the last 2.

Just rewatched the last two mins so I could show my wife how bad we screwed the pooch. Wow can’t believe the comedy of error including Roy not telling them to foul but if they practice this all the time they should’ve known to foul. She said there was no excuse for not winning that game....agreed

A couple of the costly turnovers were by good/decent players (Robinson and black) with Robinson being a senior too make it worse.

Yeah but those guys are normally on the bench watching the alphas finish the last 5 minutes of a game.. they weren't prepared to handle the pressure and it showed
That's what I meant by gave up. There is no excuse to lose a 10-point lead with 2 minutes left... none!

I will have to say that I Love Roy and his passion. You can’t milk a shot clock. Especially with guys that can’t shoot from the outside. Roy slamming the scores table when the ball is in play is not good after they scored. He needs to keep coaching. Bacot has serious tunnel vision on entry passes. But the last 2 minutes of regulation is humiliating to say the least. Plus when a Team scores and are pressing get the ball out of the net and try and throw the ball in before their trapping defense is set. That’s just BBall 101

One thing I can’t understand and maybe it goes back to their basketball IQ. Why not get the ball inside at the end instead of throwing up a wild three pointer by brob at the of the shot clock. Dean would’ve pounded it inside and take your chances.

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT