ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Carousel

If Richt to Miami is a done deal, I'm heartbroken for UVa. And I hate that Miami is on the rebound. I enjoy them sucking.

Who in the world is going to coach the Hoos? I guess now their top prospects are Rhule from Temple or Bloomgren from Stanford.
heatbroken for uva?
you know they hate our guts.
richt at uva would have closed off the tidewater area to carolina and we need those recruiting grounds.

Reactions: Realfreedom
heatbroken for uva?
you know they hate our guts.
richt at uva would have closed off the tidewater area to carolina and we need those recruiting grounds.
With the staff we have and the success this year, we are going to land our share of VA recruits. Just like we are now getting some very good GA recruits.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Muschamp apparently gonna interview for USuCk. Can't win at Florida? How ya gonna win in ColOmbia?

the sc fans i know are not happy about muschamp, they seem to want l riley.
i don't know if he's ready for a head job.
Especially in a P5, but certainly in the bright lights of the SEC with 24/7 scrutiny. Just to get his chops as HC down, he'd be smarter, I think, to take a 1st HC job at either a non-P5 or at a P5 like Syracuse.

And from the SoCar vantage - you really want a young 1st time HC who has been a coordinator in a P5 league for 1 season? Don't you think 3 or 4 years as P5 OC would better prepare a 1st HC for an SEC HC job?

I have to say that is surprising. Maybe they are ready to offer Linc Riley?
Ruff is an ECU alum, and this year with a down team he still got a big OOC W.

He should have been given another year. So maybe the firing is to try to land Riley as HC.

Ruff is an ECU alum, and this year with a down team he still got a big OOC W.

He should have been given another year. So maybe the firing is to try to land Riley as HC.
You would think that has to be another coach in the wings whether it be Riley or someone
else. I know the alumni love Ruff and just a year ago everyone was singing his praises
after they hung 70 on the Heels. Don't know what went on behind the scenes but looks
like Ruff got the quick hook.

There are reports that UVA is hiring BYU HC Bronco Memdenhall.

If so, the ACC Coastal will have HCs that are at least the equal of every division but the SEC West. Fedora, Richt, Fuente, Mendenhall, Narduzzi, PJ, Cucliffe.

There are reports that UVA is hiring BYU HC Bronco Memdenhall.

If so, the ACC Coastal will have HCs that are at least the equal of every division but the SEC West. Fedora, Richt, Fuente, Mendenhall, Narduzzi, PJ, Cucliffe.
Yes Mendenhall to UVa came out of left field. Does he have southern connections?

USF coach Willie Taggart , Rich Rod and Schiano all interviewed at SoCar today.

I still can't see this thread on my computer, but using the provided link I can get to it.

Yes Mendenhall to UVa came out of left field. Does he have southern connections?
The only 1 I know is that he was an assistant at La Tech for 1 year.

He is a devout Mormon from the mountain west. His leaving BYU is very strange.

The only 1 I know is that he was an assistant at La Tech for 1 year.

He is a devout Mormon from the mountain west. His leaving BYU is very strange.
maybe he got tired of trying to keep his players from drinking and having premarital sex

We can laugh all we want for now, but Mendenhall is a Home Run hire for the Wahoos, and agree that the Coastal Division just got a whole lot tougher this off-season with the new coaching hires at the "U", Va Tech and UVA....

We can laugh all we want for now, but Mendenhall is a Home Run hire for the Wahoos, and agree that the Coastal Division just got a whole lot tougher this off-season with the new coaching hires at the "U", Va Tech and UVA....
Yeah it is and yes the Coastal is gonna be a dog fight.

I agree that the coastal might have just gotten a heck of a lot tougher in the next few years, but I know nothing about Mendenhall so I can't really say how good he will be. Plus, look at Muschamp. Dude was a shoe in for the Tejas job and was on everyone's short list as the next "big time" coach. How did that work out? You just never really know how a guy moving up will do at the next level. We sure didn't know about Fedora and the jury is still out on him for a lot of UNC fans.

I was actually worried more about Richt going to Miami than anywhere with the recruits he can pull from Florida, but it looks like the whole Coastal division of the ACC is trying to upgrade to big time coaches. One thing is for sure, it will be very interesting to see how this plays out the next few years. I just hope we don't end up beating the crap out of each other and never having a legit shot at a national title again.

I agree that the coastal might have just gotten a heck of a lot tougher in the next few years, but I know nothing about Mendenhall so I can't really say how good he will be. Plus, look at Muschamp. Dude was a shoe in for the Tejas job and was on everyone's short list as the next "big time" coach. How did that work out? You just never really know how a guy moving up will do at the next level. We sure didn't know about Fedora and the jury is still out on him for a lot of UNC fans.

I was actually worried more about Richt going to Miami than anywhere with the recruits he can pull from Florida, but it looks like the whole Coastal division of the ACC is trying to upgrade to big time coaches. One thing is for sure, it will be very interesting to see how this plays out the next few years. I just hope we don't end up beating the crap out of each other and never having a legit shot at a national title again.
Mendehall''s BYU teams always play smart and very tough on both sides of the ball. And wining at BYU means winning without 5 and high 4 star recruits. I think he is the 2nd most impressive hire UVA could have made (to Richt).

Not surprised if true.he's not gonna stay at the hill long.

Well he might stay a little longer. I'd think he could snag a higher profile job than ECU. Hopefully he stays at least a few years. The way so many coaches are fired these days, bet he could wait a couple of years and find something really special.

Well he might stay a little longer. I'd think he could snag a higher profile job than ECU. Hopefully he stays at least a few years. The way so many coaches are fired these days, bet he could wait a couple of years and find something really special.

Well he may not be given the opportunity for a higher profile job. This may be his ceiling. Not much of a revelation.

Chizik interviewed in Greenville today
Maybe he has fallen in love with the state of N.C. and figures he can go long term at ECU. One of our favorite sons is already there as hoops coach. Only a little over an hour to the beach from Greenville.

ADVERTISEMENT