ADVERTISEMENT

Hogs vs Heels---- Sunday 19 March 2017---dance lesson number two

Arkansas being rewarded for playing aggressive defense.
Well, they are getting away with lots of hand checking and pushing around as well. If that's the way the game is gonna be called then time to do the same. We were not even in the bonus which is usually good but tells me we can get as aggressive as they and not be called for a lot.

You basically get the same level of "play" from both.

Britt's "experience" is worth the same as Seventh's inexperience when critical situations arise.

I'll take Nate 10 times out of 10. And that's no disrespect to Seventh. I at least can hope Britt can put the ball in the basket at some point. It's 4v5 on offensive end with Woods in and he tends to be much more wild/careless.

Our inability close our halves and maintain our intensity for a full 40 minutes will be the reason we get bounced out of this tournament.

We'll probably still win this, but this won't work against a high-level opponent. We've been doing it all year and no one seems to learn.

I get it and it has more to do with lineups and not calling Timeouts that bring those kind of things on..

Well, they are getting away with lots of hand checking and pushing around as well. If that's the way the game is gonna be called then time to do the same. We were not even in the bonus which is usually good but tells me we can get as aggressive as they and not be called for a lot.

Unfortunately doesn't work that way. If we hand check I promise it's called... these "good defensive" teams like Lville, Uva, etc get away with a lot based on reputation.

Our reputation is can't guard without fouling apparently.

At least Roy used a timeout... In the first half. Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks? Now to get him to use time outs to stop runs.

I'll take Nate 10 times out of 10. And that's no disrespect to Seventh. I at least can hope Britt can put the ball in the basket at some point. It's 4v5 on offensive end with Woods in and he tends to be much more wild/careless.

I agree 100% with this. But Britt makes such silly decisions that should not occur this late in his career.

Either way, it didn't hurt us as much as it could have.

And he can miss >5 feet layups that turn into fast-break points for the other team.
I think a lot of this has to deal with the fact that Roy pulls him faster than anyone else on the squad, no confidence. Also he plays the only ball distributor player on the team off the ball which makes no sense.

I get it and it has more to do with lineups and not calling Timeouts that bring those kind of things on..

I agree that TO's are the less significant part, but I can't think of any (logical) justification to let your opponent run trains on you until while you watch your team struggle on each end of the court. Especially when it always leads to runs and potential losses.

What i'm basically attempting to say is: Do something. Other than standing with your arms folded.

I think a lot of this has to deal with the fact that Roy pulls him faster than anyone else on the squad, no confidence. Also he plays the only ball distributor player on the team off the ball which makes no sense.
Nate is not a good distributor. He dribbles with his head down when he's the primary handler way too much.

Unfortunately, it's hard to have confidence when he does this stuff each and every game.

Beard over Berry for three and then a triple team leads to another easy hoop for a Arkansas and the lead is down to two. And Just like Coach Williams said at half the team is losing its poise under the intense defensive pressure being applied by the Hogs. 16 minute TV break could not have come any quicker. Jackson fouled going to the hole fouled and he hits two 46-42

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT