ADVERTISEMENT

LeBron James: I wanted to go to Carolina

RoseHeel

Hall of Famer
Apr 11, 2014
It's an interview (feels more like a discussion) with Drake, LeBron, and Chris Bosh about Basketball and Culture, but it's on TOS so I won't link it.

When James was younger he watched Carter at the McDonalds All-American game and at North Carolina. "I wanted to go to Carolina at the time, so him going to Carolina it was like 'okay.' Watching Ed Cota throwing the lobs to him, Antawn Jamison and all those guys on that team."

James knew that Carter was meant for immediate stardom. "When you watch Vince you are understanding that this guy is bigger than North Carolina," James said. "He's a guy in a college game that gets about 12-14 points, but you are like 'he has no business being out on this court'....When he gets to the next level, whoever gets him is going to be special."

So we now have Kobe, LeBron, KD, and Chris Paul that wanted to go to UNC? It's good to be the king.:)

And kay are telling recruits they will be "Used like Lebron".

Those recruits should ask him, "How would Carolina had used Lebron"?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure most talented basketball players dreamed about going to UNC, Duke, Kentucky, UCLA, and other top schools at some point. Doesn't mean much.

It means a great deal! The best player of this generation knew that UNC is where the stars SHOULD go and the Best of all Time actually attended! I'd say this means a lot!

Maybe nobody would believe me , but.... I wouldn't want him. Not a fan of his personality.

The dude has never had a single off-court incident. He's pledged $41M to send kids from Akron to college. He's probably the 2nd most prominent role model for black kids in the country (behind Obama).

I'd love to have him associated with UNC.

The dude has never had a single off-court incident. He's pledged $41M to send kids from Akron to college. He's probably the 2nd most prominent role model for black kids in the country (behind Obama).

Whats up Sjung!!? how have you been?

Reactions: RoseHeel
Maybe nobody would believe me , but.... I wouldn't want him. Not a fan of his personality.

I understand not really feeling a player, but Lebron James would have had the same effect MJ did with recruiting years after they left.

I could have sworn that LeBron James has said, " he would have gone to Ohio State", but I could be wrong.

I understand not really feeling a player, but Lebron James would have had the same effect MJ did with recruiting years after they left.

I could have sworn that LeBron James has said, " he would have gone to Ohio State", but I could be wrong.
He did indeed say that when Matta was cleaning up on the recruiting trail

i'm glad he's not associated with UNC.
He's always one of the first people to stir things up with the "race" card anytime there is a public issue. I can't stand that, it just divides people even more. He's always bashing the president also, again dividing people.
He does alot of good for some people but he has his faults as well, like we all do.
I could careless what he does on the court, i don't watch the NBA.

He's always one of the first people to stir things up with the "race" card anytime there is a public issue. I can't stand that, it just divides people even more. He's always bashing the president also, again dividing people.
He does alot of good for some people but he has his faults as well, like we all do.

Like when someone spray painted a racial slur on the gate of his home? how dare he plays that race card!!

Your statement is a little counterproductive. On the one hand you can't stand LeBron he's divisive you're glad he's not associated with UNC. On the other hand the very next sentence almost you say he does a lot of good for a lot of people but he has his Hang-Ups as we all do. So are you a sit in the middle type of guy and put your toe on one side of the fence and put it on the other. Because if so that's just as divisive as you claim LeBron is

Last edited:

Does a lot for the community.

He's always one of the first people to stir things up with the "race" card anytime there is a public issue.

That's only a valid criticism if he's seeing racial issues where they don't exist.
If he's calling attention to real problems (this isn't the right forum for arguing about whether there are real problems), do you really think he's doing something bad?

Possibly, but given the fact that Jordan has done a lot to help people both publically and privately it probably wouldn't. And for the record, I have no problem with James outside of basketball.

I have met both actually. I wouldn't classify it as "personally" knowing any of them. However, I do have a personal impression of both.

"Don't be an agitator.. sweep it under the rug and leave it there with the other dirty stuff nobody wants to talk about.."

Hard to talk about something that could get you canned from your job.

Your job and what it pays generally dictates your financial situation.

African American in LeBron's financial situation have to speak up for those that can't because they can't afford to loose there job.

Poor people have always been discriminated against, unfortunately for me and millions of other black people percentages per person make a large amount of us are poor, and suffer the same discrimination as all poor people through history.

Wealthy blacks have to speak up because most of us have not built up enough generational wealth to be able to with stand the financial side of taking a stand.

Unfortunately there's alot of truth to that.

I was told today that the state of Louisiana has now adopted a rule that HS kids who kneel during the anthem will be kicked off the team.

Sad if true, but I believe those individuals would have a good court case.

"Don't be an agitator.. sweep it under the rug and leave it there with the other dirty stuff nobody wants to talk about.."

If only people's actions werent the same as their advice.

Not a shot at you, but generally speaking.

A MILLION TIMES OVER WHAT YOU SAID! CAN YOU IMAGINE IF WE HAD MJ.. THEN ALL THESE YEARS LATER WE HAD LBJ WENT HERE TOO!!!

We wouldn't have to say a world... or we could just say MJ, LBJ.. enough said! PERIOD.

Dammit.. It should of happened. It would have happened. Ole well #3 is out there and maybe just maybe these recruiting rules will clean up the recruiting networks and process a little bit so the true guys will go "TRULY" where they really want to go.. not where their people tell them to go because of $$$, favors, Jobs, etc...

I would welcome LeBron with open arms! He has not done a single thing that would not enhance the reputation of the U I love! I wish someone would tell me one specific thing that makes you say you would not want him associated with UNC. The only thing i have seen is the stupid way he announced his "decision" and even that raised over 1 million dollars for charity!

Race Card, please miss me with that ridiculous argument. Until you walk a mile in his shoes, please don't presume to dictate what is or is not racially motivated! The fact that there might be other reasons for something to occur, does not preclude the reality of a racial component. The problem is, one must experience it to feel it!

Ok congratulations to him. Doesn't change the fact that I don't care for his personality. Great player and talent and with what the world has afforded to him by essentially hitting the genetic lottery leading to the financial lottery he should be doing what he has done. I wish I could do that for people I care about. But unfortunately I am not worth $400 million dollars.

He would of gone to whomever ponied up the most financial benefits.

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
You like NBA forwards that go 6'8 250? You must be catching.
Just making a lighthearted joke. I guess homophobia is your thing...gotcha.
It's interesting you wouldn't want the best basketball player in the world as an alum of your university because of his "personality" but your explanation thus far has been he has good genetics and has given a bunch of money away, which you seem to be implying is no big deal because he has a lot of it. But yeah, I can see how he would rub you the wrong way.
I suppose you scoff at him helping the US win olympic medels too. Oh, I guess since he was the best player in the world that should be expected of him so no big deal.

It's interesting you wouldn't want the best basketball player in the world as an alum of your university because of his "personality" but your explanation thus far has been he has good genetics and has given a bunch of money away, which you seem to be implying is no big deal because he has a lot of it. But yeah, I can see how he would rub you the wrong way.
I suppose you scoff at him helping the US win olympic medels too. Oh, I guess since he was the best player in the world that should be expected of him so no big deal.

lol

Your job and what it pays generally dictates your financial situation.

African American in LeBron's financial situation have to speak up for those that can't because they can't afford to loose there job.

Poor people have always been discriminated against, unfortunately for me and millions of other black people percentages per person make a large amount of us are poor, and suffer the same discrimination as all poor people through history.

Wealthy blacks have to speak up because most of us have not built up enough generational wealth to be able to with stand the financial side of taking a stand.

Great post.

Ok congratulations to him. Doesn't change the fact that I don't care for his personality. Great player and talent and with what the world has afforded to him by essentially hitting the genetic lottery leading to the financial lottery he should be doing what he has done. I wish I could do that for people I care about. But unfortunately I am not worth $400 million dollars.
You sound bitter are you bitter about this?

Dish it but can't take it , then come with some fake PC come back , got it! There will be another player better than Lebron come down the pipeline in basketball. Also not into people that come across as smug , self absorbed , and fake in the public eye. You can have your love affair all you want with him , enjoy it you deserve it. In my industry I know people who are financially very successful that help many great charities and give back , but that personality wise and character wise don't jive with me.

Lebron did me such a huge favor by playing for the Olympic team. Oh lord , how can I ever repay him? Jesus Christ! You can appreciate athletic talent without jock sniffing on the dude so hard. Plus as stated in another one of my posts whomever greased 18 year old Lebron the best is who would of gotten him if he had gone to college. Dude was driving a H2 to HS before he even graduated. You essentially would of been willing to risk the program potentially just to get Lebron for 1 year is what I am seeing thru.

You sound bitter are you bitter about this?
No just not going to start slobbing over someone who is gifted and talented and has been told that their whole life. Since you like him so much why don't you go talk to Roy and Bubba and get them to bring him in to the program like Cal did and pretend like he is some sort of honorary member of the program. Hell lets find a rich , well known rapper and give him a 2017 championship ring as well. Petey Pablo is from NC right? ;) Though probably not that rich or famous. The fact that there is a thread on this tells me how lame the off season can be around these parts

No just not going to start slobbing over someone who is gifted and talented and has been told that their whole life. Since you like him so much why don't you go talk to Roy and Bubba and get them to bring him in to the program like Cal did and pretend like he is some sort of honorary member of the program. Hell lets find a rich , well known rapper and give him a 2017 championship ring as well. Petey Pablo is from NC right? ;) Though probably not that rich or famous. The fact that there is a thread on this tells me how lame the off season can be around these parts
No man your dislike seems to run deeper than just his personality on almost all of your post you say something about his God given physical abilities. You also get mad at everyone for defending LeBron. To be clear I am no LeBron Homer I just think right is right. But to be honest you read like. 5"5 person who had a big guy or is rail thin with no muscle or athletic tone. Napoleon complex is a mug dude but you can survive it. Trust me

No man your dislike seems to run deeper than just his personality on almost all of your post you say something about his God given physical abilities. You also get mad at everyone for defending LeBron. To be clear I am no LeBron Homer I just think right is right. But to be honest you read like. 5"5 person who had a big guy or is rail thin with no muscle or athletic tone. Napoleon complex is a mug dude but you can survive it. Trust me
WTF are you even talking about? You are jock sniffing and riding defense for Lebron hard like he is one of your kids. BTW 6'2" and I am still trying to figure out why you have this personal affinity for Lebron as a UNC fan? And don't come with I admire him as a basketball player , because your defense of him obviously runs deeper than you are badly attempting to portray.

I simply said I wouldn't want him due to his personality , and like all the rest of the morons in this country right now you can't respect peoples difference of opinion without getting into some whine & b!tch fest on the internet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT