ADVERTISEMENT

Nance and Washington will be instrumental if Carolina is going to beat the Syracuse Zone

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
Yes Davis and Love must hit some shots from downtown in the Carrier Dome to open it up for Bacot down low but Nance and Washington will be the key to victory because the biggest hole in the Syracuse defense is just inside the free throw line and they have both proven that they can hit the 10 foot jumper in the paint. I especially like Washington there because of his soft stroke.

If Puff Johnson is able to go he might also be a good choice there but right now my money is on Nance and Washington to do some serious damage from inside the lane.

Yes Davis and Love must hit some shots from downtown in the Carrier Dome to open it up for Bacot down low but Nance and Washington will be the key to victory because the biggest hole in the Syracuse defense is just inside the free throw line and they have both proven that they can hit the 10 foot jumper in the paint. I especially like Washington there because of his soft stroke.

If Puff Johnson is able to go he might also be a good choice there but right now my money is on Nance and Washington to do some serious damage from inside the lane.
Nance is really good at the mid range jumper, his being able to nail that at the top of that zone should be a strong factor with Bacot on the short corners. The key is for Nance to make a good quick decision to take the shot or pass it to Bacot or a spot up jump shooter. Washington I am not sure is ready for this, seems like he is playing with the jitters right now, does not look real comfortable, will come in time. But this should play in to Nance's strength and have him more involved, a good thing if we do it IMO!

Leaky could factor into high post as well, which could give Nance/ Puff looks from the corner 3, which is ALWAYS open vs Cuse zone.

We beat the stew out of that zone with our high post flash with a baseline dragger who steps in that hole. If the person in the high post is aggressive, the middle of the zone is in bad shape! In any case, once that action starts, peeps better be ready because the open looks will be plentiful! If the flash is not aggressive, it will lead to multiple tipped balls/rushed shots and we will need Bacot to rebound like a monster! This would be an excellent game for both Dunn and Caleb to find their strokes! Isn't it nice to have Bacot who is the ultimate plan B???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT