ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina Basketball Discussion Thread

We are actually playing at a decent time tonight. I'm guessing most of you don't have to work tomorrow, so everyone should be able to stay up for this one.

I'm recording and watching when I wake up in the morning. I have no desire to stay up til Oh Dark Thirty unless there are titties involved.

I'm pretty lubricated or I wouldn't have missed that. My bad.

Jelly ? . . or did you opt for the spray.

Fell asleep on the couch from 8 til 10, so I'm good to watch this now

Justin Jackson has been turrble

carolina is pretty good this year...they defend, they're long, they're athletic, and they are rebounding...if 24 and 14 can add anything outside, whoa.

i usually wait until january to form my opinion, but they look really good.

Tough to tell if Carolina is really this good or is it fools gold?

This team is really good. Berry is a legit star and there are players all over the court. Right now, UNC is the best team in the country. UK is also very good. Duke will be very good. Right now, UNC is as good as anyone though. They completely dominated a good Badger team playing at their pace.

Last edited:
This team is really good. Berry is a legit star and their are players all over the court. Right now, UNC is the best team in the country. UK is also very good. Duke will be very good. Right now, UNC is as good as anyone though. They completely dominated a good Badger team playing at their pace.
I agree. I don't remember a more balanced team for UNC in the modern era.

I know, but its November
True. One of two things will happen. 1)the team will get even better and be scary good. 2) the team will get into a funk (shooting, defense, injury, etc.)

All I know in the post game court side interview last night. Roy was like "aw shucks, we are good". I have not seen that often from him.

I know, but its November

It is. There is certainly the possibility they are already close to their ceiling, but that would be very unlike most of Roy's teams. So you have to think they can still get better. Where that can happen is with consistency (from JJ and Meeks) and with the bench guys and stronger rotations when Theo and Luke get back. I'm am usually more pessimistic than most but I really like this team.

I knew we wouldn't be a rendition of the 09-10 team where we just fell flat on our faces. But damn I did not expect to beat Wisconsin by that much. Wasn't even close for most of the game.

I'm with @UNC71-00, if we can beat 1/2 out of Indiana and Kentucky that's a pretty good indication of how good we can be. And it goes without saying that I'd like to show the dookies what for. I believe we are fully capable of beating them.

Reactions: tarheel0910
They look very good. There's a confidence that's flowing without the pressure that last year's team carried all season. They've been scoring in the 90's in almost every game. I also think they have a much higher ceiling due to Pinson/Maye's injuries and the freshmen inexperience. There's a lot of senior maturity and leadership that's going to help big time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT