ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina Basketball Discussion Thread

This has been our best 2nd half of the season and I'm pretty sure Platek has been in the game, am I correct?

This has been our best 2nd half of the season and I'm pretty sure Platek has been in the game, am I correct?
Not sure if he got any second half burn...maybe he got in for just a very little playing time, to give Love or Davis or Leaky a bit of a breather. I want him to do well but he ended up 0-1 with 1 foul 1 TO no assists no rebounds. You can't have a guy on the floor, especially when you need Love and Davis to get extended continuous minutes to improve in real game situations.
Kerwin didn't get a lot of time tonight either, but still is a decent (best?) outside scoring threat.
I think Ant may take most of Plate's minutes - Ant brings more energy and is likely a better passer and quicker defender.

Reactions: notashelbyfan
Nah, we looked legit in the 2h. Wake has played everyone tough and shot their ass off (mostly cuz our defense blows but still).
Played everyone tough always gives me a good chuckle. It's a nice way of saying you're bad, but not the worst. And everyone shoots great against us. That isn't an outlier. We played better this game, but we look more like a last four in team, than a good team. Good news is the ACC kinda sucks, so it should be easier to get some wins.

ETA: I do think we can be a legit contender next year though.

Reactions: strummingram
Not sure if he got any second half burn...maybe he got in for just a very little playing time, to give Love or Davis or Leaky a bit of a breather. I want him to do well but he ended up 0-1 with 1 foul 1 TO no assists no rebounds. You can't have a guy on the floor, especially when you need Love and Davis to get extended continuous minutes to improve in real game situations.
Kerwin didn't get a lot of time tonight either, but still is a decent (best?) outside scoring threat.
I think Ant may take most of Plate's minutes - Ant brings more energy and is likely a better passer and quicker defender.

He played 8 minutes total tonight! Davis and Love looked really good in the second half, but our bigs have got to score more consistently. Of course when the guards start shooting better that will free them up!

Anyway, sorry if there aren't more positives here, because frankly, that outing is a loss against pretty much every other ACC team. Make no mistake, we have the ingredients to be pretty good and deep, but those ingredients must all learn to expend effort consistently and together, and they must be blended with more of a purpose that accentuates their strengths and covers their weaknesses. Let's hope that happens going forward...

I felt like that was one of our more complete half of basketball in the 2nd, anyone think that being the case and the fact that NPOY's minutes were only 8 and those was in the first have has anything to do with this edition of "Quick Stuff" being so morbid?

I felt like that was one of our more complete half of basketball in the 2nd, anyone think that being the case and the fact that NPOY's minutes were only 8 and those was in the first have has anything to do with this edition of "Quick Stuff" being so morbid?
You realize you quoted him, right?

Reactions: notashelbyfan
For those on here who are older, has there ever been a worse class than the 2017 class? I can't think of one in my lifetime.
It is way up there for disappointing. But what about that Adam Boone, Brian Morrison, Neil Fingleton class from 1999? Part of that 8-20 team.

You'd probably blocked that one from your head, if so, sorry for the rekindled nightmares.

Played everyone tough always gives me a good chuckle. It's a nice way of saying you're bad, but not the worst. And everyone shoots great against us. That isn't an outlier. We played better this game, but we look more like a last four in team, than a good team. Good news is the ACC kinda sucks, so it should be easier to get some wins.

ETA: I do think we can be a legit contender next year though.
The players are better than last year. But... it will be next year, or the next year before UNC sniffs the top 10.

It's an absolute certainty that the 2017 class is abhorrent! Brooks still plays like a freshman sometimes. Once some of these freshmen get some good experience, and perfect their game by playing together more, it will make a huge difference. If Bacot comes back next year, he will also be really good!

I don't expect this team to win any game they play. I'm happy when they do. Watching WFU hit 900 threes was par for the course! It never ceases to amaze me how nearly EVERY team we play makes 3's like they can do it blindfolded!

Reactions: tarheel0910
He played 8 minutes total tonight! Davis and Love looked really good in the second half, but our bigs have got to score more consistently. Of course when the guards start shooting better that will free them up!

Sorry, I thought someone said my name.
SINGAPORE_180118_15007DL3-cover.jpg

We looked pretty good today, getting better!

Got to shoot free-throw better that will cost us big at some point!

What a dick!
haha!

He's 1000 times more miserable than he was in 1983. The dookies aren't as bad as UNC was last year... yet... but, they might very well get there. It's entirely possible that he is scrambling for ANY WAY OUT of this season. If they keep losing like this, he's going to just get even more irrational at these post-game things. This team hasn't been this bad since... that "back-out" season for him? I remember seeing the Lunardi projections during the UNC game and they had UNC as an 11 seed and the dookies were the "last four out." And, this was before they lost to Louisviille! When was dook ever this bad AND K was still on the sidelines? lol When Bilas was a freshman?

• Haha
Reactions: Heelicious
Walton and Harris are starting to give me some hope that this team can turn it around and not only get into the tournament, but win a game or two.
Yeah, loving what Harris is bringing but still worry every time he lands. Walton has got to cut down on those bad passes, but otherwise he's been a great addition. Love and Davis are trending in the right direction too.

IIRC, We still have to play every team that is above us in the standings, so the Heels can definitely get back in this thing.

haha!

He's 1000 times more miserable than he was in 1983. The dookies aren't as bad as UNC was last year... yet... but, they might very well get there. It's entirely possible that he is scrambling for ANY WAY OUT of this season. If they keep losing like this, he's going to just get even more irrational at these post-game things. This team hasn't been this bad since... that "back-out" season for him? I remember seeing the Lunardi projections during the UNC game and they had UNC as an 11 seed and the dookies were the "last four out." And, this was before they lost to Louisviille! When was dook ever this bad AND K was still on the sidelines? lol When Bilas was a freshman?
Is Pete Gaudet gonna step in?

Reactions: strummingram
Yeah, loving what Harris is bringing but still worry every time he lands. Walton has got to cut down on those bad passes, but otherwise he's been a great addition. Love and Davis are trending in the right direction too.

IIRC, We still have to play every team that is above us in the standings, so the Heels can definitely get back in this thing.
Walton can cut down on those bad passes by shooting more. He's got one of those strokes that looks like it's going in every time he shoots. I know it would be horrible defensively, but just give me a lineup of Davis, Walton, Harris, Sharpe and Bacot. Roy needs 80 to win and they could do that.

if ever there were a poster child for a human d-bag, folks here he is.... wow the overload on the smug condescension.

I love that it is eating him up, how poor they are performing. I'm sure its all COVIDs fault though.
People talk rivalries all the time and how important he is to it. Personally, ill be glad when he is retired to a nursing home. He is a horrible person

Last edited:
Reactions: Heelicious
Reactions: dadika13
What a wonderful guy he is. It takes a humble guy to call someone up and apologize after people call you out on your shitty behavior.

What a role model, that's what he is the leader of men!

What a wonderful guy he is. It takes a humble guy to call someone up and apologize after people call you out on your shitty behavior.

Ah yes, the ole "I'm telling you I'm sorry because people are telling me I should tell you I'm sorry."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT