ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina Basketball Discussion Thread

how bout this:

carolina is average to good for the rest of roy vs k as long as durham doesn’t get in the tourney.

or

carolina is elite every three years with legit title/nba players and durham is also at that level with roy vs k.

any significance to roy kissing the court as they left last night?...social media picked this up.

Roy played it off when he was asked about it but I don’t remember him ever doing that before.

I’m sure it got coach-in-waiting Hubert Davis all excited.

Roy played it off when he was asked about it but I don’t remember him ever doing that before.

I gotta believe it was more than what he said in the press conference.

Someone mentioned he did it once before. Don't remember which season they said. Seems like it would be weird for him to retire after a weird season like this, but he would certainly leave a good team for the next guy. That might be part of the plan, since it would make the job more attractive. Not that it isn't already attractive. It would just make it easier for the next coach. Especially if Bubba screws up the search and hires Hubert.

k0jPoN6.gif

i care less about the acct now than i did say twenty years ago, but i like our draw, lol.
Notre Dame just smoked FSU, but I think that says more about where FSU is right now, than it does about Notre Dame. I have to hope we have matured and gotten better - more than Notre Dame, but who knows? Absolutely nothing about this Heels team leads one to think they can be consistently decent two games in a row (let alone 3 or 4).

But I do like matching up against VT with them not playing for a couple weeks I think? Hardly any team has played very well coming off of COVID pause... like Louisville, Baylor, etc. It usually takes a couple games or one game at least for the team to get back in sync and in game shape.

Roy dropped a $3 million donation to the school. That's on top of the donation he made last year, which I think was around half a million.

Reactions: gteeitup
i care less about the acct now than i did say twenty years ago, but i like our draw, lol.
Agreed. Regular season was obviously way more fun back in the round-robin days, but the ACCT also is less fun since expansion.

It's just too many teams/days. 12 teams was so-so when full-slate started on Wed after BC joined. But starting Tue and having the #4 seed sit til Thurs is lame. I'd rather them just exclude the bottom 3.

Reactions: gteeitup
Agreed. Regular season was obviously way more fun back in the round-robin days, but the ACCT also is less fun since expansion.

It's just too many teams/days. 12 teams was so-so when full-slate started on Wed after BC joined. But starting Tue and having the #4 seed sit til Thurs is lame. I'd rather them just exclude the bottom 3.

dude, i’ve been an advocate for only the top 8 get in with no byes since original expansion because it emphasizes the regular season even more.

since that’s a very extreme take, i’d be for your plan...i have found the older i get the more i’m for contraction.

When did we start referring to duke as Durham? Is this a thing?

But yes, those were the best duke uniforms I've ever seen.

dude, i’ve been an advocate for only the top 8 get in with no byes since original expansion because it emphasizes the regular season even more.

since that’s a very extreme take, i’d be for your plan...i have found the older i get the more i’m for contraction.
At the very least, narrow it to 4 days. Top 12 get in. Bottom 4 are out. Too bad, do better.
Day 1: 5 v 12; 6 v 11, 7 v 10, 8 v 9
Day 2: 8/9 v 1, 7/10 v 2, 6/11 v 3, 5/12 v 4; and so on from there on . No reseeding or reconfiguring matchups at end of any day. Just like NCAA tourney. If lower seeds prevail in your bracket path, that is just good fortune for you.

There is basically no way a 13 - 16 team is going to make it past 2 games. And who wants to buy tickets to attend these first day games anyway.

At the very least, narrow it to 4 days. Top 12 get in. Bottom 4 are out. Too bad, do better.
Day 1: 5 v 12; 6 v 11, 7 v 10, 8 v 9
Day 2: 8/9 v 1, 7/10 v 2, 6/11 v 3, 5/12 v 4; and so on from there on . No reseeding or reconfiguring matchups at end of any day. Just like NCAA tourney. If lower seeds prevail in your bracket path, that is just good fortune for you.

There is basically no way a 13 - 16 team is going to make it past 2 games. And who wants to buy tickets to attend these first day games anyway.
Agreed. Especially the #16 team ;)

It looks like Styles and Dunn are the only two guys we're getting for 21 which is fine since we're bringing back a lot for next year besides Sharpe. Which one do you guys think makes a more immediate impact?

Reactions: dadika13
It looks like Styles and Dunn are the only two guys we're getting for 21 which is fine since we're bringing back a lot for next year besides Sharpe. Which one do you guys think makes a more immediate impact?
If everyone but Sharpe comes back, I don't know if they will get enough minutes to make a big impact.

Reactions: dadika13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT