ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina Basketball Discussion Thread

Great news. I assume that means Hubert is a no. Did he say anything about keeping it in the family or opening it up?

He said he prefers HC experience but said he wants the right guy even if he doesn’t. He didn’t eliminate no HC.

He said he wants the right guy either from the family or not.

He said he prefers HC experience but said he wants the right guy even if he doesn’t. He didn’t eliminate no HC.

He said he wants the right guy either from the family or not.
I can't imagine he would make the comment about experience and then hire someone without it. I really hope he does this right and doesn't just limit it to Wes, Hubert and Stack.

I can't imagine he would make the comment about experience and then hire someone without it. I really hope he does this right and doesn't just limit it to Wes, Hubert and Stack.
Can we be honest, noone in the family has the luster of carolina material. No roy in the wings. People are beating the system we have ran due to todays version of the game. What if we found someone who fits the bill? Adopted folks are family as well. I really get keeping it in the family. But at this point, it may look like marrying your first cousin and having a child. You wont know what the outcome will be.

That is likely the case, but him taking the time to do this gives me hope that he will actually talk to legitimately qualified candidates.
One man's qualified candidate is another man's Hubert Davis. But I don't think it's going to be Hubert. It will be Wes or a bigger name guy. It won't be someone without experience. That's the feeling I got from what he said.

and i hear that and think this is a.d. speak...happens every time an opening occurs.

the difference is this is the best college basketball job in the country...the pressure on bubba is rather immense and that’s not even considering the fans.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
I hope we poach the best before vader dies, er i mean retires. Vampires dont really die

Alabama lost Sunday night and the news breaks on Thursday that this decision was made for sure on Monday.... I am starting to seriously think it’s a 2 person search between Wes and Oats

So could money play into this? Wasnt Roy making much less than other coaches near his same level? Or was he within the average?

Even though they are still longshots, I don't think Few and Stevens are completely off the table yet.

If not one of thoe two, it will likely come down to Hubert, Wes, or Stack.

I will support any of the above, but prefer Stevens, then Wes.

Apparently we are going hard after Stevens and Few but that may just be for Bubba to say we went after the best (even if he knew they wouldn’t seriously consider it) to cover his ass when he hires Hubert or Wes. The national media is going to be very underwhelmed with either of those two and Bubba needs to save face by saying he offered bigger names and they said no.

Apparently we are going hard after Stevens and Few but that may just be for Bubba to say we went after the best (even if he knew they wouldn’t seriously consider it) to cover his ass when he hires Hubert or Wes. The national media is going to be very underwhelmed with either of those two and Bubba needs to save face by saying he offered bigger names and they said no.
That seems like the most likely scenario, and if so, then I'm in Wes's corner. Nothing against Hubert, but at least Wes has shown us some sustained success, and apparently REALLY wants to coach the Heels.

Mark few may move if they match roys salary. Brad makes basically the same as roy so no gain there. Wes can make a third of roys salary, feel like he has won the lottery, and the school comes out cheaper.

The national media would fall all over Hubert Davis. I've already seen enough of the media begging for him.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
It was a huge ass jet. My money is on super duper rich guy going to the triangle for business.
Probably, but one can dream. He's my top pick, but I think we ultimately strike out on all the best options and end up with Wes. That doesn't excite me, but it's better than Hubert. I think we'll be looking for another coach within 5-8 years if it's Wes.

24hrs from now we should know...

if aaron rodgers should consider hosting jeopardy when his career in the nfl is over.
My family members are devout Jeopardy watchers. We record and watch it daily.

It will be interesting to see A. A. Rod after guest hosts Katie Couric and Dr. Oz.

Though he isn't a really dynamic personality, I believe Ken Jennings is the most logical choice if he wishes to host. He knows a ton, isn't political or annoying, and treats others with a lot of respect. And I don't know that he has another gig that he is better suited to do.

Reactions: gteeitup
That guy on radar who says he is a former player is saying Hubert is going to be announced as coach this week. Major fail by Bubba. If you can't get a big name, you have to at least pick Wes over Hubert.

Reactions: gteeitup
That guy on radar who says he is a former player is saying Hubert is going to be announced as coach this week. Major fail by Bubba. If you can't get a big name, you have to at least pick Wes over Hubert.

He gets everything from TOS. They just posted something 5 min before he posted saying that Hubert is the current leader. I'd probably put it at 60% Hubert but even TOS said it's not a done deal.

He gets everything from TOS. They just posted something 5 min before he posted saying that Hubert is the current leader. I'd probably put it at 60% Hubert but even TOS said it's not a done deal.
It upsets me that Hubert is even an option right now. Roy and Bubba should know better. Roy is being way too sentimental about it and Bubba needs to grow a pair. I'm going to be so bummed out if it goes down this way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT