ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina Basketball Discussion Thread

let me know if I need to get involved.
Most of the time, OOTB shows up en mass.
Panties get bunched, names are called, most Commets to fly over people's heads, and we get threatened.
We use to raid other boards often. Back when we had a larger group.

Just go start a thread or make a comment about not being a basketball only school, or question the king couch mafia coach about why he pulls for an SEC school in football.

Most of the time, OOTB shows up en mass.
Panties get bunched, names are called, most Commets to fly over people's heads, and we get threatened.
We use to raid other boards often. Back when we had a larger group.

Just go start a thread or make a comment about not being a basketball only school, or question the king couch mafia coach about why he pulls for an SEC school in football.

There’s an ex player that posts over there now that’s in Gary’s mafia. He’s truly insufferable now.

Reactions: tarheel0910
There’s an ex player that posts over there now that’s in Gary’s mafia. He’s truly insufferable now.
Gary or the ex? The ex put me on ignore. I made him mad when I insinuated a few of them didn't like the late night hosts from a few years ago because they were gay. I further pissed him off when I said Lubteck might not be our best two guard. That was enough to put me on ignore.

• Haha
Reactions: heelmanwilm
Gary or the ex? The ex put me on ignore. I made him mad when I insinuated a few of them didn't like the late night hosts from a few years ago because they were gay. I further pissed him off when I said Lubteck might not be our best two guard. That was enough to put me on ignore.

What's the handle name?

BTY, I think Hubert left the team on the Hill. Not sure who he showed up with. These dudes a sucking it up

I’m thinking Tommy LaGuarde. He graduated in 75 and the biggest jerk to ever play next to mccants

• Haha
Reactions: tarheel0910
If this team doesn’t learn to play defense every game and not just it’s convenient this will happen more and this season.

So speaking of ex players there’s a couple we’ve seen out a lot for several years and the guy is 6’9 and my son played in his band some and my wife teaches the woman Pilates. Just found out last weekend he’s Pete budko’s son. Pete was at unc when I was. Dude was tall AND could jump out the building. Couldn’t shoot a lick though.

I dunno what to make of it. I think these players are just not a TEAM. There's no leadership. There doesn't seem to be any cohesiveness at all. I don't know about HD's abilities, but this is a group of guys playing with the same uniform, but not as a team. I guess it was always going to be a rough beginning. But, all things considered, it's not an abysmal record and they have shown moments of being really good. I was expecting a .500 record at this point, so I'm actually pleased with how well it is going. I didn't expect HD to be a natural from the get-go. He's got a very subdued kind of personality. I don't know what he's like in practice or during games, toward the players. I gotta believe that it takes time to learn how to get kids like that to do what you believe they can do together.

I dunno what to make of it. I think these players are just not a TEAM. There's no leadership. There doesn't seem to be any cohesiveness at all. I don't know about HD's abilities, but this is a group of guys playing with the same uniform, but not as a team. I guess it was always going to be a rough beginning. But, all things considered, it's not an abysmal record and they have shown moments of being really good. I was expecting a .500 record at this point, so I'm actually pleased with how well it is going. I didn't expect HD to be a natural from the get-go. He's got a very subdued kind of personality. I don't know what he's like in practice or during games, toward the players. I gotta believe that it takes time to learn how to get kids like that to do what you believe they can do together.
The record is irrelevant, its the way we have lost that's the problem!

Also I brought it up in another post after losing a game we should have never lost, but the body language of the entire team is terrible!

They look as if there are a hundred place they would rather be, other than in that gym!

When the season ends you will see more than one guy leaving for the transfer portal!

Raidar is a dumpster fire, 30 point blown out, Hubert once again scratching his head, strum trolling raidar, seems the sky is falling and dook is LOLing

Seriously, I think the program is in trouble. I may be wrong, but feel it started a few years back. The NCAA anal probe, Roy not being able to adjust, Roy leaving fairly abruptly, hiring an unproven coach with no real search, refusal to look outside of the "family" for fear of the style of play changing, and little hope for next year being better.

Hubert has the weight of the world on him today. At this point in the season, he has been embarrassed 3 times. Naturally the fan base and critics will have a heyday. And he deserves some of it. If he is to be a elite coach, he has to use this somehow. He has gotten better at beating teams he should beat. But close teams or better teams he struggles. It's not like he hasn't got plenty of good mentors to help him. It really seems like he is doing it 100% by himself. Strum pointed out that UNC tried dean being an unproven coach. I wasn't around at that time, but I would imagine the environment was entirely different than today.

The record shouldn't be surprising. All you had to do was look at our schedule before the season started and see that we didn't play anybody early. I guess you could say Michigan and UVA would have been a surprise at the start of the season, but that's all. Getting embarrassed when we play good teams is extremely bad. Especially since we will probably be a bubble team.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
I quit watching the heels in the 8-20 season so I missed a lot of those losses but we’ve had three this year as bad as any I can remember
I still watched that team. Even went to some of the games. To me that team was more enjoyable because they at least gave it their all. This team just doesn't seem to care that much and we have a coach that doesn't give me confidence that this will be a one year thing. I feel obligated to watch this team as a fan, not because they are fun to watch. Couldn't get through the second half last night though. It was just horrible.

If we're being honest though, the decline didn't start this year. We've kind of been in a slow decline since the year after the championship. I love Roy, but his refusal to adjust and not really understand today's players hurt us his last few years. I think he finally recognized that and had two options, change as a coach or retire.

Reactions: Grayhead
If we're being honest though, the decline didn't start this year. We've kind of been in a slow decline since the year after the championship. I love Roy, but his refusal to adjust and not really understand today's players hurt us his last few years. I think he finally recognized that and had two options, change as a coach or retire.
It started before the chip. Once that class left, and the frosh and soph took over, nothing was left in the cupboard. It's really a shame. Roy was on a roll till all that academic probe dismantled everything. Nasty recruiting tactics, and Roy's good guy everything will be all right approach. The football team recovered better than basketball. At least they hired an experienced coach. Who knows how many years this will last. If Hubert strikes it rich with a few stellar classes that will stay for 3 years, then we are in good shape. Roy needed 3 years horses, with their replacement as backup to maintain the tear he was on. All of that fell apart after the probe. The UNc brand isn't what it use to be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT