ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina Basketball Discussion Thread

Canceling/postponing the VT game is dumb.
The more this is allowed, the more traction to keep the handwringing alive. By now everyone should know whatever does and don't they are willing to tolerate. Everyone will be exposed eventually, if they haven't already. No amount of mask or hand lotion will stop it. The high risk people know they are high risk. They had to be careful regardless of covid or the flu, or a common cold.

On a side note, the only good thing that could come from stopping the season would be to see K's fairwell tour squashed

Reactions: bluetoe
The more this is allowed, the more traction to keep the handwringing alive. By now everyone should know whatever does and don't they are willing to tolerate. Everyone will be exposed eventually, if they haven't already. No amount of mask or hand lotion will stop it. The high risk people know they are high risk. They had to be careful regardless of covid or the flu, or a common cold.

On a side note, the only good thing that could come from stopping the season would be to see K's fairwell tour squashed
We've been repeatedly told that the vaccine is safe and effective. The very few people that catch it after being vaccinated have almost zero chance of being hospitalized, much less dying. If all that is true, then why are we doing this? If we are doing it for rona, why not do it for all infectious disease? Just clear the arena if you're so scared. Then going forward just test the unvaccinated. The people who have had the vaccine should be allowed to play.

Reactions: blazers
We've been repeatedly told that the vaccine is safe and effective. The very few people that catch it after being vaccinated have almost zero chance of being hospitalized, much less dying. If all that is true, then why are we doing this? If we are doing it for rona, why not do it for all infectious disease? Just clear the arena if you're so scared. Then going forward just test the unvaccinated. The people who have had the vaccine should be allowed to play.
They should be allowed to play either way. People have to understand the exposure eventuality. Let people choose for themselves.

Reactions: bluetoe
This is surely going to be in the top ten posts of '21. Maybe someone can get just their season cancelled since K was so quick to want to opt out last year.

I wonder how many in the US have not had it. 2 year in, cases still threatening to spike, as they have during every holiday and the summer. Surely by now everyone has at least been exposed.
PS. Thanks wuhan!!

Jalek Felton was the demise of unc bball. A legacy superstar in the making. The Carolina way personified. I saw him in person stand flat footed under the rim and jump up and 360 dunk with the effort I put into getting off the couch. He was head and shoulders the most talented guy on the court. I’ve seen stackhouse, carter and Jordan all play and he was every bit the athlete they were at the same time in their careers. Then he shit the bed and unc never recovered.

And I obviously posted this in wrong thread

Last edited:
I wonder how many in the US have not had it. 2 year in, cases still threatening to spike, as they have during every holiday and the summer. Surely by now everyone has at least been exposed.
PS. Thanks wuhan!!
whatever doesn't kill you makes you sick as shit. Except when it doesn't.

It's amazing how hard it is to get the answer to the very simple, most KEY question in the middle of this goatfvck...can exposure alone ...that is, the internalizing of pathogens....without actual sickness, allow the immune system to produce an immune response to subsequent invasions just as it does with other pathogenic exposure? Does that exposure without sickness constitute infection, gauged only by the presence of antibodies, even with the complete absence of symptoms? Or is it that many develop an immune response without an actual infection? In other words, just exactly how are they defining infection?

I believe we can and do sometimes develop an immune response due to exposure without what I believe to be an actual infection, and I believe that as @Grayhead says, herd immunity is built by allowing such exposure, and I believe that hiding from the exposure only prolongs the inevitable and interferes with the development of herd immunity and putting this mostly behind us.

Jalek Felton was the demise of unc bball. A legacy superstar in the making. The Carolina way personified. I saw him in person stand flat footed under the rim and jump up and 360 dunk with the effort I put into getting off the couch. He was head and shoulders the most talented guy on the court. I’ve seen stackhouse, carter and Jordan all play and he was every bit the athlete they were at the same time in their careers. Then he shit the bed and unc never recovered.

in my case, that would be like him standing flat-footed at the foul line and dunking with a front somersault with a full twist, stick the landing.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Well, that wasn't the best outcome. I'm finding this team hard to watch. It's just not fun. I feel like I'm only watching because of fan obligation. It's reminding me of UNC football.

I wasn't expecting a win after knowing that Garcia and Walton were out. I was surprised it was that close. And, I was surprised there were so many points scored! ND shot like 65%, so it's hard to beat a team shooting that well and missing some key players. If UNC had had Walton and Garcia, they would probably have won.

I'm not expecting this team to world-beaters! It's HD's first season as a coach!

Am I wrong in feeling like this is a roster that Roy could do something with?
I'm not sure he could. I think part of the problem is relating to the kids. Roy wasn't able (or willing?) to relate to the same kids last year, minus the transfers. He might be able to squeeze an extra couple of wins out of them, but this is a second round team no matter who the coach is.

I'm not sure he could. I think part of the problem is relating to the kids. Roy wasn't able (or willing?) to relate to the same kids last year, minus the transfers. He might be able to squeeze an extra couple of wins out of them, but this is a second round team no matter who the coach is.
The body language is terrible they literally look like there is 1000 other places they would rather be!

Reactions: tarheel0910
They aren't a "team" at all. Just a disjointed, fragmented group of guys they assembled to wear the same uniform.

One of the few undefeated teams left. Blowing out everyone on an easy schedule didn’t get any respect in the rankings. This won’t help
Were one of three remaining, but still only ranked 19th. The knock on them was always that they had an easy schedule. I think the program is moving in the right direction though.

You can only play who's on the schedule. Glad to hear the team is doing well. It's been a minute for the girls. They've had a rough go over the past several years.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Been reading on THR and G7's review is classic!

UVA don't stink!
Also he bitched about official's!

But trying to justify that UVA don't stink is next level stuff, blown assist level commentary!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT