ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

I watch and listen to Steve Schmidt regularly, almost daily on MSNBC. He helped create The Lincoln Project and is very passionate in his opinions against Donald Trump. There are many Americans, including yours truly, who couldn't agree with him more.

Yeah, but consider this:

- One president never touched a drop of alcohol in his life, or so he says, but exhibits the impulsive and boorish behavior of a drunkard on a daily basis. And he may as well be drunk because in four years he has gotten so little work done outside of Twitter. He uses cabinet meetings to boast to the press about his personal accomplishments and lash out at his critics, while he regularly ignores the more pressing issues at hand.

- One president hired many of his cronies -- Paul Manafort, Rick Gates, Michael Cohen, Michael Flynn, George Papadopoulos, Roger Stone, Steve Bannon, et al -- to do his unethical dirty work for him while he plays golf and tries to broker deals with our sworn enemies -- Vladimir Putin, Kim Jong Un, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Xi Jinping.

- One president originally ignored and still to this day miscalculates the significance and seriousness of a major world pandemic which has already taken over 183,000 U.S. lives in just over six months with no end in sight.

- One president swore he would build a wall along our southern border and make Mexico pay for it but instead has created a humanitarian and security crisis with more than 60,000 migrants from Central America being returned to Mexico and left stranded in squalid camps as helpless rape and torture victims at the hands of Mexican crime cartels. And don't forget the migrant processing centers with hundreds of victims, including children, living in cages and sleeping on floor mats.

It looks like Trump is just as bad as your four lowly-ranked presidents . . . COMBINED!! Talk about a shitshow!
TLDR

It reminds me of Christians who are convinced that "THESE ARE THE END TIMES as described in the Bible." Taken literally, the text of the Bible turned out to be a false alarm. But, that hasn't stopped generation after generation from insisting that "The TIME IS NIGH!"

That's a great metaphor.

I watch and listen to Steve Schmidt regularly, almost daily on MSNBC. He helped create The Lincoln Project and is very passionate in his opinions against Donald Trump. There are many Americans, including yours truly, who couldn't agree with him more.

Yeah, but consider this:

- One president never touched a drop of alcohol in his life, or so he says, but exhibits the impulsive and boorish behavior of a drunkard on a daily basis. And he may as well be drunk because in four years he has gotten so little work done outside of Twitter. He uses cabinet meetings to boast to the press about his personal accomplishments and lash out at his critics, while he regularly ignores the more pressing issues at hand.

- One president hired many of his cronies -- Paul Manafort, Rick Gates, Michael Cohen, Michael Flynn, George Papadopoulos, Roger Stone, Steve Bannon, et al -- to do his unethical dirty work for him while he plays golf and tries to broker deals with our sworn enemies -- Vladimir Putin, Kim Jong Un, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Xi Jinping.

- One president originally ignored and still to this day miscalculates the significance and seriousness of a major world pandemic which has already taken over 183,000 U.S. lives in just over six months with no end in sight.

- One president swore he would build a wall along our southern border and make Mexico pay for it but instead has created a humanitarian and security crisis with more than 60,000 migrants from Central America being returned to Mexico and left stranded in squalid camps as helpless rape and torture victims at the hands of Mexican crime cartels. And don't forget the migrant processing centers with hundreds of victims, including children, living in cages and sleeping on floor mats.

It looks like Trump is just as bad as your four lowly-ranked presidents . . . COMBINED!! Talk about a shitshow!
He never actually wanted to "be president." He just wanted to win the election and get even with Obama for humiliating him at the White House Press Dinner. Enough people at the right places voted for him and he actually won. Now, his ego has him stuck.

That's a pretty atrocious list of very shitty things. I'm on your side that he sucks and he's toxic to the culture. But, you could take literally ANY president and compile a list of horrible choices and actions they were responsible for and the list would stink as bad as the one you offered. And, the one you offered isn't a full list of Trump's fvck-ups. One thing about Trump that is unique is his total lack of humility and empathy. He has little to no understanding of "I made a mistake."

Reactions: tarheel0910
You think "causing a Civil War" is bad is an opinion?
"causing a Civil War is certainly an opinion, and a wrong one, in the context you are using it in. No backtracking, you stated some facts but saying that those facts are worse than others is an opinion.

had a dude already tell me just two weeks ago that if trump loses it's rigged...no mention of how or why, and this was before both conventions.

so basically, the mindset of some the most loyal trump supporters either already believe it or they are softening the blow...on here though, i at least admire the moxie.

Its not going to be rigged Trump is going to win in a landslide and the Democrats are going to lose their minds again and spend 4 years trying to figure out how to get rid of him.

But here is a direct quote from the best the Democrat party could come up with.

Quoting Joe Biden Directly

“Covid has taken this year, just since the outbreak, more than 100 year, look here’s, the lives, it’s just, emerjingjy. When you think about it, more lives this year than any other year for the past 100 years.

Trump says some crazy stuff and he isn't very presidential but this quote above is from the best they have to run against him!

This looks like something your friend says to you in the car on your way to take him home after he called you because he was "to drive to drunk home!"

Reactions: nctransplant
It reminds me of Christians who are convinced that "THESE ARE THE END TIMES as described in the Bible." Taken literally, the text of the Bible turned out to be a false alarm. But, that hasn't stopped generation after generation from insisting that "The TIME IS NIGH!"
We know, we know.
You hate the Bible thumpers.
I’m exhausted of hearing about for the 10,000th time.

We know, we know.
You hate the Bible thumpers.
I’m exhausted of hearing about for the 10,000th time.
That sounds like a YP. Suck it up or get off the field, nancy boy.

I don't "hate" them. I simply used their actions, attitudes and behaviors as a comparison. It was accurate. I'm sorry if that hurt your feelings and exhausted you further. Are you getting laid at all?

• Wow
Reactions: Heels Noir
Trump is putting horrible people into really important jobs.
This week Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe, a Trump loyalist, ceased the in-person election security briefings to 'prevent leaks.

Today Attorney General William Barr removes the head of a Justice Department office that helps ensure federal counterterrorism and counterintelligence activities are legal – and replaces him with a political appointee with relatively limited experience.

Foreign mettling and interference is getting much easier under Trump.

Trump is putting horrible people into really important jobs.
This week Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe, a Trump loyalist, ceased the in-person election security briefings to 'prevent leaks.

Today Attorney General William Barr removes the head of a Justice Department office that helps ensure federal counterterrorism and counterintelligence activities are legal – and replaces him with a political appointee with relatively limited experience.

Foreign mettling and interference is getting much easier under Trump.
True, obama handled foreign interference much better.

had a dude already tell me just two weeks ago that if trump loses it's rigged...no mention of how or why, and this was before both conventions.

so basically, the mindset of some the most loyal trump supporters either already believe it or they are softening the blow...on here though, i at least admire the moxie.
Well this is eerie. I had a dude already tell me just two weeks ago that if trump wins it's rigged...no mention of how or why, and this was before both conventions.

so basically, the mindset of some the most loyal trump haters either already believe it or they are softening the blow

Its not going to be rigged Trump is going to win in a landslide and the Democrats are going to lose their minds again and spend 4 years trying to figure out how to get rid of him.

But here is a direct quote from the best the Democrat party could come up with.

Quoting Joe Biden Directly

“Covid has taken this year, just since the outbreak, more than 100 year, look here’s, the lives, it’s just, emerjingjy. When you think about it, more lives this year than any other year for the past 100 years.

Trump says some crazy stuff and he isn't very presidential but this quote above is from the best they have to run against him!

This looks like something your friend says to you in the car on your way to take him home after he called you because he was "to drive to drunk home!"
give me a good, coherent lie over that gibberish anytime.

I agree with this. Because I might actually see someone starting a civil war in 2020 as a good thing. Let's get it on. I like my team's chances.
I can already see the headlines:

Soldier Killed By Own Troops

A member of the High-Jinks Army was shot and killed yesterday during hand-to-hand combat in an early skirmish of the new American Civil War. Private Dick Gunslinger was fatally shot in the back by members of his own regiment after turning chicken and attempting to flee the battlefield.

Last edited:
LOL, the plane is full of people wearing "I Loot" hats?
This guys says delusional stuff, which is entertaining after you get over how sad & pathetic, but even better is the follow-up when he tries to cover his tracks. At least he left the "dark shadows" part out.

^Also, notice how Trump is all over the big10, but not mentioning the pac12 ever. Pac12 has just one swing state, while the whole big10 seems to be purple. He doesn't care about fball or "opening", just trying to snag some votes via negativity.

^Also, notice how Trump is all over the big10, but not mentioning the pac12 ever. Pac12 has just one swing state, while the whole big10 seems to be purple. He doesn't care about fball or "opening", just trying to snag some votes via negativity.
I think that has more to do with no one caring about the Pac. At this point it could probably be called the P4 instead of the P5. Even sports sites don't really mention the Pac anymore.

LOL, the plane is full of people wearing "I Loot" hats?
This guys says delusional stuff, which is entertaining after you get over how sad & pathetic, but even better is the follow-up when he tries to cover his tracks. At least he left the "dark shadows" part out.

tumblr_m2u7mtpOCs1qbxpo4o2_500.gif

The Pac12 also doesn't care about sports.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT