ADVERTISEMENT

PJ Hairston arrested

Grayhead

Hall of Famer
Feb 15, 2006
....on wrightsville beach. Had an outstanding warrant for a communication threat in orange county. Trouble always follows this young man

Seems like it follows him for a reason.
He needs to get his shit together. I'm all for giving 2nd (and maybe 3rd chances) but he has proven himself to be a punk, and he's pretty much run out of chances to stop being an idiot.
I absolutely agree with this, and might I add that I don't like the direction PJ is headed. Imo he is spiraling out of control - destined to hit rock bottom leaving him totally destitute. Unfortunately that usually leads to a provocative, overly sensationalized tell all book. His story, self-inflicted or not may very well make McCant's bs look like a childrens' fairly tale.

He had the whole world ahead of him. All the petty trap will just esculate. His life can be defined by what if.

Seems like it follows him for a reason.
He needs to get his shit together. I'm all for giving 2nd (and maybe 3rd chances) but he has proven himself to be a punk, and he's pretty much run out of chances to stop being an idiot.
Really is a shame. When PJ was doing well in Charlotte, he had actually gotten himself in shape and straightened up some, but slid back into his old habits and it got worse after he got traded. As someone I know who has hung out and played pick-up with him said last summer, "I love PJ but he's still a knucklehead"

Trouble follows all of us.. trouble knocks on the door..how foolish to look and let Trouble in the house!..Hope he thinks and listens to reason.and doesn't end up BROKE

I've had plenty of FTA's in my younger years, but most of the time did not appear because no money. Communicating a treat with even a court appointed attorney your getting a slap on the risk (anger management class at the local community college) what a corn ball move PJ! Hanover county jail waiting on a ride back to Charlotte and that could take weeks.

Really is a shame. When PJ was doing well in Charlotte, he had actually gotten himself in shape and straightened up some, but slid back into his old habits and it got worse after he got traded. As someone I know who has hung out and played pick-up with him said last summer, "I love PJ but he's still a knucklehead"
Is he in the D-League now, or what? I don't keep up with NBA much so not really sure.

'we playing prison rules . . . ? '

200.gif

Is he in the D-League now, or what? I don't keep up with NBA much so not really sure.
Yeah, he got traded to Memphis last season --- actually got off to a good start there, but they didn't retain him at the start of this season (I can't swear to it but I think his off-court behavior had something to do with it, i.e. he likes his weed). Tried to latch on to another NBA roster but ended up back in D-League.

Dude flat has the talent. He can play with anybody, but the knucklehead thing is about to wash up his career.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
I guess we now live in the guilty till proven innocent society .. people can say anything .. shame to the op for starting this bs and shame to anyone that jumped on the wagon. Give the man his due and day in court before you jump to your conclusions .. people can say anything to start shit like this but the man deserves his opportunity to respond and defend the allegations. I expected better from a Carolina forum.

I guess we now live in the guilty till proven innocent society .. people can say anything .. shame to the op for starting this bs and shame to anyone that jumped on the wagon. Give the man his due and day in court before you jump to your conclusions .. people can say anything to start shit like this but the man deserves his opportunity to respond and defend the allegations. I expected better from a Carolina forum.
I agree that (for most people) we should consider them innocent until proven guilty, but you have to admit that PJ has burned that bridge quite a few times already. Believe me when I say I don't want to see him (or any former Tar Heel) throw away his career over continued bad decisions.

Yeah man, unfortunately someone's past plays a part in how we view them. If this were Marcus or Brice I'm sure none of us would jump to conclusions...but PJ's had issues for 4 or so years now.

I agree that (for most people) we should consider them innocent until proven guilty, but you have to admit that PJ has burned that bridge quite a few times already. Believe me when I say I don't want to see him (or any former Tar Heel) throw away his career over continued bad decisions.

So I guess the NOA and transgressions against UNC are true because this is part of our "history". All I'm saying is that one of the biggest problems with people in general is they jump to conclusions to quickly on what is often sketchy or one sided information. PJ has had some problems but I don't think this is the place to post, judge, or even comment one way or another on things that reflect on him in a bad light. Good, bad or indifferent he is still part of the Carolina family and he at least deserves his day in court before he is put on the cross on a UNC board .. just ain't cool. jmho

A friend of mine taught him in high school and said he was hanging with the wrong crowd and was destined for trouble unless he straightened up. She is a UNC fan and was concerned that we were recruiting him. She wasn't a bit surprised when he had issues at UNC.

This young man has a world of talent, just like McCants. And just like McCants, he's going to ruin his chance at a pro career if he doesn't grow up. It's a shame.

I have to admit they're two of my least favorite Heels of all time.

So I guess the NOA and transgressions against UNC are true because this is part of our "history". All I'm saying is that one of the biggest problems with people in general is they jump to conclusions to quickly on what is often sketchy or one sided information. PJ has had some problems but I don't think this is the place to post, judge, or even comment one way or another on things that reflect on him in a bad light. Good, bad or indifferent he is still part of the Carolina family and he at least deserves his day in court before he is put on the cross on a UNC board .. just ain't cool. jmho
My opinion of him wasting his talent started long before this happened. Not sure how any rational person can look at what he has done in the past and deny that he has wasted it.

You think there is something wrong with my poasting this news? He was arrested for an outstanding warrant. Thank god we have you to co.e to his rescue. Obviously he wasn't to concerned with his innocence by not taking care of his legal issues. And most of what has been poasted has been issues about patterns in his life. If you dont like it, then don't read it.

my daddy told me...where there's smoke there is fire. You might want to reside in Realville. My daddy also told me "keep your head out of your rectum" words to live by.

I am not calling him guilty, I am calling him a corn ball. 1000 dollar secured bond to get out ain't Sh--! Somebody from Charlotte police department has at least attempted to contact him. The corn ball part is he actually had an warrant out for what obviously (1000 dollar bond) is not a big deal.

PJ is or should be street wise enough to know what is worth running from and not, a warrant for communicating a treat is not worth someone disturbing your vacation! Not guilty, CORN BALL!

PJ is and always has been the same dude. He was a marginal kid while at UNc and it's only gotten worse now that he's an adult. Kid is a waste of talent.

Reactions: bleeduncblue
I was glad he was a Heel when he kept his head and listened to Roy. But he couldn't keep away from bad influences in his life..I hope he focuses..but I think he needs a mentor or he's sadly done..luckily the Heel family is perfect for that..reach out PJ!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT