ADVERTISEMENT

Where were you on October 13th?

I was at work and just happened to check the ESPN site on my phone during lunch. The UNC news was the first thing I saw. A fantastic day for the Tar Heel program. The investigation was finally over, Late Night With Roy, and the 7th National Championship banner hung from the rafters.

Go Heels!
Yep. Doing exactly what I'm doing now --- scanning my phone, and no sooner than I picked it up the alert came across. Great timing for a great day :cool:

I was driving at the time and had my phone right next to me. I remember getting the alert and just chills went through my body, wow it was over. I had to pull over and just compose myself for a few seconds and then boom I went crazy I started clapping and there may have been some jumping up and down. Then, my mind drifted to Roy and how he must feel, this was a guy who prided himself on doing things the right way and had his integrity questioned for something he had no involevement in, I was happy for him not to have to deal with that anymore.
For the rest of the day, I’ll admit I had a pep in my step and all I could think about was the banner ceremony at night. That feeling of seeing that banner go up and the reactions by Roy and the team, was unlike anything I have ever felt in my life. When Roy says “Cold Chills” oh yea I had that times 10 during that moment. What an awesome way to start the season, it couldn’t have been any better!

AHH the banner I recorded the whole thing but I kept cheering and so I can't post it. The hanging of the banner was glorious as the players came on the court faced the banner the jumbo Tron played highlights of the tourney. The crowd was cought up in the emotion. Even when the video of Luke's shot played no one said Luuuukkkeee. Then angell said those magical dates 1924,1957,1982,1993,2005,2009, make room for 2017 NORTH CAROLINA ARE YOUR NATIONAL DAD'GUM CHAMPIONS!!! Add to that the guy standing next to me holding up a hot off the presses early released college paper with the front page... You guessed it NO SANCTIONS FOR UNC!!!

Last edited:
Smoking a Rocky Patel Decade on my back porch watching some deer graze around my field. The news of no sanctions made a beautiful afternoon even better.

Was sitting at the library watching the thread here since I had no access to an actual TV/News Source on my terrible phone.

Kept refreshing and immediately saw a couple of positive reactions. I knew by that point it was going to be a good day.

I was at work and I glanced at my phone when I got a news alert. I had to leave the meeting I was in to "go to the bathroom"! I went outside, screamed, and calmly went back to the meeting. Afterwards, I gave the business to every co-worker that I knew who supported one of the Axis of Evil: puke, Kentuck, or Moo!

Dadgum, it's sweet to be a Tar Heel!

Well ... not as glamorois as the rest of you good folks ... I was in deep doo with my wifey for spending so mich time watching 'all that imternet crap'!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT