ADVERTISEMENT

Which Transfers Should WE Be Looking At? If Any.

What Would Jesus Do?

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2010
I notice that Will Baker - whom we offered but went to Texas - not only entered the portal but has committed to Nevada.

I wonder if Roy would have contacted him if he had known about Kessler in time?

Anyway, here's a link to a list of portal offerings. I don't know how accurate it is, but it's someplace to start.

Looks like the portal is somewhat light on quality Bigs.

Also, that PG leaving ASU looks legit.

Camron Fletcher - who got hardly any PT at Kentucky - is also in the portal. He was ranked #70 out of HS and might shore up our SF options. Especially worth a look if another big leaves and we have to move Leaky to PF.

The SF I would really like, though, is Pitt's Champagnie. Unfortunately, although 2 Pitt players have entered the portal, he's not one of them.

But you know who IS available from Pitt? Xavier Johnson. If Caleb leaves (and maybe if he doesn't) he'd be worth a look.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
DJ Harvey - originally at Notre Dame, then transferred to Vandy - is back in the portal.

I don't know whether to be sad for him or interested. He seemed to have promise.

According to Greg Barnes on a podcast last night, there are approx 450 players in the transfer portal, almost 10% of scholarship D 1 players. That number will grow as the NCAA field is whittled down

I have no idea who is gonna transfer go pro or leave...BUT it is obvious that our team will have a much different look next season The loss of Kessler is big no doubt.. But and this is also a very important point, the players that we will bring in are already DI players that have D 1 experience under their belts Of course Keeling and pierce did too and they did not perform up to anyone's expectations

Camron Fletcher - who got hardly any PT at Kentucky - is also in the portal. He was ranked #70 out of HS and might shore up our SF options. Especially worth a look if another big leaves and we have to move Leaky to PF.

The SF I would really like, though, is Pitt's Champagnie. Unfortunately, although 2 Pitt players have entered the portal, he's not one of them.

But you know who IS available from Pitt? Xavier Johnson. If Caleb leaves (and maybe if he doesn't) he'd be worth a look.

Is Camron the one who pouted and decied it was a good idea to throw a temper tantrum on the sideline after UNC beat Kentucky? If so, count me in the ABSOLUTELY NOT group.

I think the immediate question, if Roy looks at the portal, is do we want a multi year guy or a one year rental. I would prefer to have a multi year guy so we don't get in a situation where we have to do this almost every year.

According to Greg Barnes on a podcast last night, there are approx 450 players in the transfer portal, almost 10% of scholarship D 1 players. That number will grow as the NCAA field is whittled down

I have no idea who is gonna transfer go pro or leave...BUT it is obvious that our team will have a much different look next season The loss of Kessler is big no doubt.. But and this is also a very important point, the players that we will bring in are already DI players that have D 1 experience under their belts Of course Keeling and pierce did too and they did not perform up to anyone's expectations
That indicates that the situation at UNC isn't something to totally freak-out about. Looks like there's a big reshuffle-and-deal-over coming for the entire college basketball landscape!

Grady from Davidson with his size and shooting ability could play 2-3 and help any school out. The guard from Minnesota Carr is pretty good as well as the big from
UMASS.

I disagree RW likes to have a "foundational" class of 3-5..those days gone-kids will bolt each year...either pro ball OAD or transfer OAD...recruiting won't be the same...colleges are like who's on waivers...RW doesn't like change much..kinda hard to run a low post offense with no personnel that can score in low post

I just posted on Four Corners that Armon Franklin, the 2nd best player on Indiana just entered the portal. 6'6" small forward and the best shooter on the IU roster. If IU botches yet another coaching hire, keep an eye out for Trayce Jackson-Davis too. TJD would instantly be All Conference and a " Player of the year" candidate at UNC. Throw in Dawson Garcia and that front line would be better than the one we are all losing our freaking minds over.
Just sayin, portal goes both ways!

Unless I missed someone as I scrolled the list, these are the kids from the ACC who have already entered the portal.

Is Capel asking people to leave or driving them away? Ditto for Forbes. And Larranaga.

Pitt
CG Au'Diese Toney .9426 6'6
CG Xavier Johnson .8849 6'3
PF Terrell Brown .8585 6'8 6'3
SF Gerald Drumgoole .8114 6'6

Wake
PG Jahcobi Neath .8786 6'3
PG Quadry Adams .8528
C Emmanuel Okpomo .8731 6'10

Miami
SF Earl Timberlake .9878 6'6
SF Matt Cross .9662 6'6 (already grabbed by Louisville)
SG Elijah Olaniyi 6'5

Notre Dame
PG Nikola Djogo .8563 6'7

Duke
PF Jaemyn Brakefield .9846 6'8

NC State
SF AJ Taylor .8556 6'7

UNC
C Walker Kessler .9880 7'0

Louisville
C Aidan Igiehon .9794 6'10

[edited to add more]

Last edited:
Judging from Louisville picking up Matt Cross from Miami, there is no bar to within-ACC transfers. Or did he get a waiver?

Patience. Let all the guys who are going to enter the portal enter it. TJD is the perfect example...there are serious rumors about him putting his name in and he'd instantly be the #1 guy.

The portal is absolutely loaded with big time talent. I think we should take 3 multi year guys.

I just posted on Four Corners that Armon Franklin, the 2nd best player on Indiana just entered the portal. 6'6" small forward and the best shooter on the IU roster. If IU botches yet another coaching hire, keep an eye out for Trayce Jackson-Davis too. TJD would instantly be All Conference and a " Player of the year" candidate at UNC. Throw in Dawson Garcia and that front line would be better than the one we are all losing our freaking minds over.
Did IU fire their coach?

yes. Miller was canned.
Thanks. I wasn't paying attention but had the general impression he was doing OK.

I see now that he ended on a 6-game losing streak. The program had been doing a little better each year until then. Not a good strategy for holding onto your job.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
TJD is lacking an outside shot but has gotten better around the rim. Undersized a little for the NBA without having an outside shot so I don’t see him going to the NBA this year. He’s a better version of Brooks. I loved watching his dad play for the Pacers and Clemson alum Dale Davis.

Pardon my ignorance... who is TJD?
Not ignorant at all. I'm almost embarrassed to know that Trayce Jackson-Davis was Indiana's best player. So what? They still couldn't make the Tournament. I don't trust anyone with a hyphenated last name. I also don't trust any man named Trayce or Susan or Helen

Reactions: Ozheelfan
Not ignorant at all. I'm almost embarrassed to know that Trayce Jackson-Davis was Indiana's best player. So what? They still couldn't make the Tournament. I don't trust anyone with a hyphenated last name. I also don't trust any man named Trayce or Susan or Helen
Hahaha! thanks for letting me know.

I don't trust anyone who is talked about with such an abbreviation, yet he hasn't really done anything.

I get "MJ", "Sheed", "PsychoT" and "Sheed" but they did something to earn a nickname.

I certainly won't be referencing "WK" on here in the future!

Reactions: roadmaster
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT