ADVERTISEMENT

Which Transfers Should WE Be Looking At? If Any.

Hahaha! thanks for letting me know.

I don't trust anyone who is talked about with such an abbreviation, yet he hasn't really done anything.

I get "MJ", "Sheed", "PsychoT" and "Sheed" but they did something to earn a nickname.

I certainly won't be referencing "WK" on here in the future!
who psycho t?

• Wow
Reactions: 2000tiger
TJD is lacking an outside shot but has gotten better around the rim. Undersized a little for the NBA without having an outside shot so I don’t see him going to the NBA this year. He’s a better version of Brooks. I loved watching his dad play for the Pacers and Clemson alum Dale Davis.
He is much better than Brooks. Yes his shot is weak but he is more athletic than Bacot and plays above the rim and through contact better. Bacot has a much deeper array of post moves though.

Reactions: dtodd4475
TJD is lacking an outside shot but has gotten better around the rim. Undersized a little for the NBA without having an outside shot so I don’t see him going to the NBA this year. He’s a better version of Brooks. I loved watching his dad play for the Pacers and Clemson alum Dale Davis.
I enjoyed the Pacers in the 90's, must watch TV. I watch ZERO NBA last 10-15 years, the style is un
Worth an offer. Has 2 years left. I haven't seen him play but looking at his numbers he seems pretty solid.
Volumn shooter that needs the ball in his hands alot. Shooting percentage was not great but he is an alpha scorer.

JJ, The Nasty Dog, Big Smooth, Weezy, WithDrew, (lol), Puff, Big Ster, etc

UNC has had its share of great nicknames!

Big "NO" on Mr. Pouty!

Duke's Jaemyn Brakefield entered the portal.

Early in the season I thought he looked promising, but he seemed to fade later. Then again, I didn't watch Duke play that much.

He looks more like a SF to me than a PF.

Do we think UNC or Duke will ever take another's player as a transfer? I'm assuming that has never happened previously.

JJ, The Nasty Dog, Big Smooth, Weezy, WithDrew, (lol), Puff, Big Ster, etc

UNC has had its share of great nicknames!

Big "NO" on Mr. Pouty!
Now TP, you didn't list the biggest one, HIS AIRNESS, THE ORIGINAL SWOOSH, AIR JORDAN, OTHER WISE KNOWN AS THE GOAT!

• Love
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Jalen Cone will only get to the NBA if he buys a ticket and some popcorn. He's a good college player, but NBA is out of the question. He's not as good as Pettiford

He would help the Heels with his 3 point shooting. He and Walton would make it hard for any defense.

Duke's Jaemyn Brakefield entered the portal.

Early in the season I thought he looked promising, but he seemed to fade later. Then again, I didn't watch Duke play that much.

He looks more like a SF to me than a PF.

Do we think UNC or Duke will ever take another's player as a transfer? I'm assuming that has never happened previously.
TWEENER

I get the feeling this transfer season is going to rival the wild wild west with guys jumping right and left. We may not know the make up of the Heels for sometime. And it is not just at UNC, it is everywhere I'm predicting. Hopefully, smart heads will go back to the previous rules and stop the madness. Until then, let UNC compete for the best of the best just like everyone else will.

An awful lot of low-ranked and unranked players in the portal.

What happens to them if no one picks them up? Does that ever happen?

Do they walk on somewhere, or are they just out of luck?

probably endup with a bunch of low to mid major programs trading players with each other? Idk but it seems like a possible outcome.

If they don’t get picked up they either try and walk-on, go to a D2, D3 or even JUCO, or are left out in the dark!!!

Roughly 4500 players in D1 programs and as of Tuesday there was 550+ in the portal already(So about 8%)

This transfer portal has become another recruiting avenue that the coaches are having to explore daily (like they need another) along with the HS and foreign prospects. A complete headache but has to be utilized when kids get their feelings hurt and leave

This transfer portal has become another recruiting avenue that the coaches are having to explore daily (like they need another) along with the HS and foreign prospects. A complete headache but has to be utilized when kids get their feelings hurt and leave
Fortunately, it is only this one year where it's wide open for transferring. And I sure as hell hope the NCAA doesn't make it the rule rather than the exception. What a cluster.

If this goes more than one year we will have proof positive that the NCAA cares less for Universities than the NBA! It would be one more step toward dismantling that corrupt institution!

If this goes more than one year we will have proof positive that the NCAA cares less for Universities than the NBA! It would be one more step toward dismantling that corrupt institution!
It would actually be good PR for them. Since they would be letting the players act like normal students, they might be able to trick some people into believing in that whole "student" athlete thing.

Tyson Walker from Northeastern has entered the portal. Sophomore PG.

I don't actually remember him from our game, but he was the MVP despite being on the losing team. 27 points. Apparently a good scorer, and led his team in assists. Also led in TOs, though.

247 gives the edge to MSU for him.

Tyson Walker from Northeastern has entered the portal. Sophomore PG.

I don't actually remember him from our game, but he was the MVP despite being on the losing team. 27 points. Apparently a good scorer, and led his team in assists. Also led in TOs, though.

247 gives the edge to MSU for him.
I love his skill level and toughness, but it just doesn't work with Davis in the fold. Same goes for Cone.

Just saw where Jacob Young from Rutgers entered the portal!!! This should get everyones attention, as this kid is super tough and plays both ends of the court. We need alpha Dogs like this after last few years. He will be a hot commodity.

Reactions: bobcrane14
Just saw where Jacob Young from Rutgers entered the portal!!! This should get everyones attention, as this kid is super tough and plays both ends of the court. We need alpha Dogs like this after last few years. He will be a hot commodity.

We don’t want Jacob Young. Trust me on this one.

Reactions: bobcrane14
What a relief.

With PG Khristian Lander ditching Indiana for the portal, UNC isn't the only school to lose a 5-star player.

Judging from the stats, he didn't have a very good freshman year. But a lot of frosh struggle in their first year.

Would he be worth a look?

What a relief.

With PG Khristian Lander ditching Indiana for the portal, UNC isn't the only school to lose a 5-star player.

Judging from the stats, he didn't have a very good freshman year. But a lot of frosh struggle in their first year.

Would he be worth a look?
He should have been a HS Senior this season. I live about an hour from Evansville which is his home town. I watched him play numerous games in HS and the quickness factor is there, but he is physically weak at this point. Reminds me of Matt Coleman coming out of HS, in that he doesn't really shoot it well from the outside and isn't strong enough to get to the basket in the Big 10. Coleman progressed quite well, we will see about Lander.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT