ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Rock Band Tournament Sweet 16: Lennon/Bennington Region

I don’t get your games. You played a contest. You lost. Pay your shit. It’s not hard. I don’t care if it’s for $1.

Relax fella. I’m going to pay you. I’ve never not paid anyone here and I’ve lost many a contest. I’m just having some fun with you. Sheesh

Pink Floyd
Petty
RHCP
Radiohead

Red Hot Chili Peppers -- how has David Bowie made it this long? Too many old folks on here.

If RHCP gets taken out by someone who I'm pretty sure I've never heard a song from, I'm gonna be pretty bummed (but on the flip side, it would make this tournament the OOTBiest of OOTB tournaments, so there's that). Before this tournament if you asked me who David Bowie was, I probably would have guessed an actor.

If RHCP gets taken out by someone who I'm pretty sure I've never heard a song from, I'm gonna be pretty bummed (but on the flip side, it would make this tournament the OOTBiest of OOTB tournaments, so there's that). Before this tournament if you asked me who David Bowie was, I probably would have guessed an actor.

I think (?) David Bowie is famous for having a wife on the show Big Brother.

Pink Floyd
Petty
RHCP
Radiohead

I mean, he's been in movies, but that's not his primary source of fame. The same could be said for Flea in RHCP

Results are below. Winners are in bold.

John Lennon Region
1 Beatles 11

4 Pink Floyd 6

3 Eagles 8
2 Tom Petty 10

Chester Bennington Region
1 David Bowie 9 (+ tiebreaker)

4 Red Hot Chili Peppers 9

6 Genesis 13
15 Radiohead 5

Reactions: Raising Heel
I know the impact the Beatles had but do people really like their music more than Pink Floyd? That's crazy to me.

I was floored by Genesis' inclusion in this tournament and I don't even know what to say with them still being alive. I think some of their songs are catchy but OOTB has declared them one of the best 8 bands of all-time. That's lunacy.

I know the impact the Beatles had but do people really like their music more than Pink Floyd? That's crazy to me.
Yes. Not sure why that's so hard to believe, especially considering the Beatles' music is far more accessible.

I was floored by Genesis' inclusion in this tournament and I don't even know what to say with them still being alive. I think some of their songs are catchy but OOTB has declared them one of the best 8 bands of all-time. That's lunacy.
No reason they shouldn't have been in the top 64. It is surprising they're still alive, though. I think it's because I really like them and my dog died so they're getting sympathy votes (thanks, OOTB!)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT