ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs Notre Dame game thread 🧵Wednesday 22 Feb 2023

you shoot the way we did and still win. that’s a testament to how damn awful Notre Dame is vs us actually doing something extraordinary to win it.

Reactions: Heelicious
We gotta be due to make some 3’s with all the wide open ones missed tonight
You'd think so. I think the boys used them up against Clemson.

But, yeah... a 3-point blizzard should be on the menu. And, we're due to beat the Hoos, too! I dare to be optimistic.

I have to admit. I kind of belly laughed when Leaky got blocked by the rim. But thankfully he got blocked by the rim! It reset the shot clock!
He never got enough lift or control to get the ball above the rim. Our team is sort of from the land of misfit toys - players and coaches

The ugliest stat of the night (and that’s really saying something). Notre Dame's bench outscored Carolina 23-2

The ugliest stat of the night (and that’s really saying something). Notre Dame's bench outscored Carolina 23-2
As much as we all see the world through Carolina blue glasses, I could not blame styles, McCoy, nickel, Washington, or really any sub that doesn't get more than a 2 minute opportunity off the bench if they hit the transfer portal to off season.

Reactions: DaSheed
So when one of our players is getting backed down all the way to the basket (see RJ during almost any game but especially last night, or Nance vs NCSU, etc.) and then scored over easily ... do any of the other players on our team think that maybe they can help stop that process? At least make the offensive player pick up his dribble or something? I understand that helping can provide an open outside shot opportunity ... is that why we don't help? We just watch the easy basket transpire?

As much as we all see the world through Carolina blue glasses, I could not blame styles, McCoy, nickel, Washington, or really any sub that doesn't get more than a 2 minute opportunity off the bench if they hit the transfer portal to off season.
The bench members that did play 30 minutes, had a whopping 2 points.

The bench members that did play 30 minutes, had a whopping 2 points.
The majority of that time was played by Puff and Dunn. Washington and Nickel got about 2 minutes each and Trimble never scores nor is he in the game to score.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT