ADVERTISEMENT

NC State at UNC game thread—-Saturday 21 January 2023

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
Another instate rivalry game and if you compare the two teams stats they are pretty even all the way around.

To me it comes down to how Carolina handles the Wolfpacks full court press and how Black controls T Smith. I hope it ends up like how Manuel use to play against Reddick. Terquavron Smith like Reddick is a volume scorer and he will get his points but Leaky and Love and maybe Dunn need to make sure he does not go off like the last time he was in the Smith Center when he finished with 30 points.

State is not very deep up front and the Burns vs Mando battle in the paint might also decide who wins and loses. Burns is a load at 275 pounds and he actually has some game but will he have the stamina to stay with Bacot for at least 35 minutes.

Morsell and Jorner can both shoot the rock from downtown so they cannot be left wide open…

This game may provide Nance and Washington a chance to get some easy buckets 🪣

I fully expect a loud and boisterous crowd to help the home team prevail.

Reactions: John_Mexico
I have just read that Puff Johnson May not be available for todays game against State. That may allow Styles and Nickel to get some rare PT today…
You would think so but I doubt it. I do agree that their big is decent but Mando definitely needs to run the court. I can see some easy buckets in transition if our guys will get back. Annnnnnd the guards gets them the ball. Washington could have a big game , I agree

I have just read that Puff Johnson May not be available for todays game against State. That may allow Styles and Nickel to get some rare PT today…
johnson, styles, and nickel: a nice trio of players with great potential.

The Game will be on the ACC network at five. The schedule on the tv is a mistake as that game has already been played. Give ‘em Hell Tar Heels

I still contend Caleb needs to move to open areas and catch and shoot, rather that dribble and shoot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT