ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina Basketball Discussion Thread

I ain't scared of getting old, the thing is with Meg is she's had a lot of plastic that has gone wrong. Same with Renee Zellwegger and Courtney Cox. It's not the fact they've gotten old, it's the fact the look like someone stretched silly putty over a mannequin
I always loved it when Joan Rivers would say "am I smiling? I can't tell".

Nate Watson has cancelled his visit to UNC . . you can stick a fork into that recruitment.

Roy told him last week that he would not be getting an offer and explained to him that during the 3rd eval period(most recent one) he wasn't very impressive, which then prompted the recent offer to Isaiah Stokes.

Roy told him last week that he would not be getting an offer and explained to him that during the 3rd eval period(most recent one) he wasn't very impressive, which then prompted the recent offer to Isaiah Stokes.

Oh, so we cancelled him. That's cool.

Congrats to @gunslingerdick for getting a thread locked on DI.

FGkIQLJ.gif

Well I trust him. If he thinks Watson isn't a good fit then that's all there is to it.

I only hope we get someone halfway decent who's 6'8, 6'9 and above

Speaking of meeks, i really hope he gets over whatever funk he was in later part of last season. Maybe it was the injury, maybe confidence, maybe roys foot up his ass, maybe all three. But he will be desperately needed for more production than 9 pts and 6 rebs a game.

That thread G7 started just to say he isn't pulling for the USA hoops team because of Coach K is exactly why he's the worst poster on this entire site. It had every annoying and divisive thing he does rolled up neatly in to one thread. Honestly was going to send a private message to heelbent and mikeirby about it and respectfully point out how that thread is an exact paint-by-numbers of why he's terrible for Radar, but I really don't care at this point. I haven't posted on Radar in over a month and I'm not going to anymore. Don't care enough at all. I'll stick to Blitz and especially Blue Heaven and Four Corners.

Thank goodness for the premium boards where meaningful discussion can occur. Oh and in case you're keeping score, that thread led to someone using the analogy of Coach K::UNC as Hitler::USA. Yeah, someone compared Coach K to Hitler. Insightful.

As of this post, you won't find me participating in any hoops thread on Radar or on here. I just don't GAF anymore.

Doesn't Harrison Barnes stand to get a Gold Medal if the USA wins it all . . ?

Why wouldn't any UNC BB fan not want that to happen . . ?

The game of basketball was born here in the USA, the greatest men and women players in the world play here . . I want us to prove every year that we are, and will remain the best in the world.

I absolutely care less who the gymnastics, swimming or track coaches are, and the same for BB. Personally, I want as many Gold Medals going to our USA athletes as possible.

That thread G7 started just to say he isn't pulling for the USA hoops team because of Coach K is exactly why he's the worst poster on this entire site. It had every annoying and divisive thing he does rolled up neatly in to one thread. Honestly was going to send a private message to heelbent and mikeirby about it and respectfully point out how that thread is an exact paint-by-numbers of why he's terrible for Radar, but I really don't care at this point. I haven't posted on Radar in over a month and I'm not going to anymore. Don't care enough at all. I'll stick to Blitz and especially Blue Heaven and Four Corners.

Thank goodness for the premium boards where meaningful discussion can occur. Oh and in case you're keeping score, that thread led to someone using the analogy of Coach K::UNC as Hitler::USA. Yeah, someone compared Coach K to Hitler. Insightful.

As of this post, you won't find me participating in any hoops thread on Radar or on here. I just don't GAF anymore.
Yep, that's what my previous post was about. Not sure how short the leash is right now for this board, so I didn't want to go into detail.

but I really don't care at this point. I just don't GAF anymore.

Thank you. I have been waiting for you and others to get to this point. Why did you ever care?

I hate that you won't poast there anymore though. I'll continue to poast there and if and when someone comes at me for my views, they'll be dealt with. But I'm certainly not going to bounce and let that culture win.

Thank you. I have been waiting for you and others to get to this point. Why did you ever care?

I hate that you won't poast there anymore though. I'll continue to poast there and if and when someone comes at me for my views, they'll be dealt with. But I'm certainly not going to bounce and let that culture win.
For the record, I don't care because I haven't cared for that board for years. The discussion sucks because they've never let any opposing views (from Tar Heel fans or other team fans) be presented without intense irritation and public shaming.

I won't post over there because I feel my opinion isn't valued, tolerated, or respected. I disagree stronger with that U.S. thread than I could ever disagree with any other thread Gary could ever start, but I know better than to state my opinion over there because it will be met with "you're not a real Carolina fan" (which is humorous for those who know my true commitment level to UNC Athletics) and other such crap comments.

I don't need to read the same viewpoint over and over so there's no need for me to go over there anymore.

Also just as an aside, hat tip to Archer for participating a ton on Blitz lately. I'm being genuine. It's been good discussion over there lately.

For the record, I don't care because I haven't cared for that board for years. The discussion sucks because they've never let any opposing views (from Tar Heel fans or other team fans) be presented without intense irritation and public shaming.

I won't post over there because I feel my opinion isn't valued, tolerated, or respected. I disagree stronger with that U.S. thread than I could ever disagree with any other thread Gary could ever start, but I know better than to state my opinion over there because it will be met with "you're not a real Carolina fan" (which is humorous for those who know my true commitment level to UNC Athletics) and other such crap comments.

I don't need to read the same viewpoint over and over so there's no need for me to go over there anymore.

Also just as an aside, hat tip to Archer for participating a ton on Blitz lately. I'm being genuine. It's been good discussion over there lately.
amen.gif

I rival hate dook with the best of them but whenever u get around the players and staff as i was privileged to For a time thanks to a friend working for the ad u find out that ftmp these coaches and players respect each other and keep the rivalries in proper perspective. Which in turn taught me to do the same. Some posters seem to imply that they're "in the loop"'with the players and prospects but then they post ridiculous sophomoric rival hate BS like this and i know for certain they're fos and regarding recruiting and the program in general are just regurgitating what they're hearing elsewhere. Anyone that truly is exposed to the players and staff and sees how the relationships are doesnt say ridiculous things like that.

Look, you can like me or not, that is your trip and not mine but what you are saying in this post is not true. Just because some one does not agree with you does not mean you are being disrespected. It surely is not reason enough for you to call people silly names. If someone disagrees with me I defend my position, I don't go act like a child about it. Have you ever considered that it is more about how you disagree rather than being treated unfairly> If you are a Tar Heel fan and someone says you are not, can you not respectfully reply to that? I tell you why I disagree and try to make sure folks understand and what do I get for that, folks complaining my posts are to long...REALLY?

If you present your opinion respectfully then you have a case to make if someone is not respectful back. I am not going to lie, I have little to no respect for several that have in my opinion said very disrespectful things but I can at least act respectfully until it gets to the point that respect is no longer working. Yeah, I blew stuff up a week or so ago but folks are many times more respectful today than they were before I imploded. But in doing so I became what I do not like so I banned myself for a week, I became very disrespectful so rather than put guys I strongly respect in the position of having to ban me, I banned myself.

You tell me, when someone says "time to go ole Roy" or "Roy sucks" then how do you expect folks to respond? We just played in the national title game and we did so with out a single one & done mega talent. Sorry if I do not embrace the gloom some folks feel the need to spread. Sorry if someone feels gloomy about that but don't expect me or others to not disagree with the gloom when we actually played in the one game every single college basketball program dreams of playing in just this past season.

I may not like you but if you present your opinions respectfully then I will defend your right to do so. But if you can not act respectfully, even when you do not like the person you are replying to then you have no ground in which to complain.

I may not like you but if you present your opinions respectfully then I will defend your right to do so. But if you can not act respectfully, even when you do not like the person you are replying to then you have no ground in which to complain.
I've presented my opinions respectfully plenty of times over the years with the intention of having an honest discussion, rather than an attempt to stir the pot. Other folks do too and y'all run them off post-haste because they may happen to support a different team. Sorry that some people disagree with the "accepted" view of the masses.

As I said in my previous post, I will keep my opinions about all things Carolina Basketball off Radar and have done so for awhile. Watching Gary demean every poster that posts something he doesn't like isn't my idea of worthwhile basketball discussion.

Just because some one does not agree with you does not mean you are being disrespected.
That is utter nonsense. Respectful disagreement doesn't exist on Radar. If it did, there wouldn't have been a need on this board for a thread that went 111 pages long and claimed dozens of Radar refugees before YOU got it locked. Speaking of which....

If someone disagrees with me I defend my position, I don't go act like a child about it.
Except for that part where you dragged your petty argument with Billy over to OOTB and got our basketball thread locked. No, not childish at all.

I tell you why I disagree and try to make sure folks understand and what do I get for that, folks complaining my posts are to long...REALLY?
*too. And yes, really. Brevity is key in message board poasting. You're the reason "tl;dr" is a thing.

I became very disrespectful so rather than put guys I strongly respect in the position of having to ban me, I banned myself.
Right, but not before you announced to the world that you were leaving. You know what would have garnered infinitely more respect? Banning yourself without a making a grandiose announcement to the entire board first. Or humble-bragging about it later like you're doing right now.

And by the way, @TarHeelNation11's poast that you quoted above didn't even mention you. So why do you have your hackles up about it? And why are you even here? Seems like you're just trying to make trouble over here again.

Last edited:
That is utter nonsense. Respectful disagreement doesn't exist on Radar. If it did, there wouldn't have been a need on this board for a thread that went 111 pages long and claimed dozens of Radar refugees before YOU got it locked. Speaking of which....

Except for that part where you dragged your petty argument with Billy over to OOTB and got our basketball thread locked. No, not childish at all.

*too. And yes, really. Brevity is key in message board poasting. You're the reason "tl;dr" is a thing.

Right, but not before you announced to the world that you were leaving. You know what would have garnered infinitely more respect? Banning yourself without a making a grandiose announcement to the entire board first. Or humble-bragging about it later like you're doing right now.

And by the way, @TarHeelNation11's poast that you quoted above didn't even mention you. So why do you have your hackles up about it? And why are you even here? Seems like you're just trying to make trouble over here again.

No shit.

DSouth- you need to make like a tree and get the fuk out of here.

Look, you can like me or not, that is your trip and not mine but what you are saying in this post is not true. Just because some one does not agree with you does not mean you are being disrespected. It surely is not reason enough for you to call people silly names. If someone disagrees with me I defend my position, I don't go act like a child about it. Have you ever considered that it is more about how you disagree rather than being treated unfairly> If you are a Tar Heel fan and someone says you are not, can you not respectfully reply to that? I tell you why I disagree and try to make sure folks understand and what do I get for that, folks complaining my posts are to long...REALLY?

If you present your opinion respectfully then you have a case to make if someone is not respectful back. I am not going to lie, I have little to no respect for several that have in my opinion said very disrespectful things but I can at least act respectfully until it gets to the point that respect is no longer working. Yeah, I blew stuff up a week or so ago but folks are many times more respectful today than they were before I imploded. But in doing so I became what I do not like so I banned myself for a week, I became very disrespectful so rather than put guys I strongly respect in the position of having to ban me, I banned myself.

You tell me, when someone says "time to go ole Roy" or "Roy sucks" then how do you expect folks to respond? We just played in the national title game and we did so with out a single one & done mega talent. Sorry if I do not embrace the gloom some folks feel the need to spread. Sorry if someone feels gloomy about that but don't expect me or others to not disagree with the gloom when we actually played in the one game every single college basketball program dreams of playing in just this past season.

tl;dr

well if laughing hysterically at the claim that the title game was rigged is being disrespectful then u better gird your loins cause i will def do it again should someone claim it again.

I will also "disrespect" with glee any of the following idiotic notions (which have been previously claimed as well as "liked" by certain regs over there)

Referees are paid off to make us lose

Ncaa rigs the tourney games to make us lose in revenge for af am

Tourney seedings and game times are rigged to give us the toughest road and dook the easiest

When coach williams says a player "should have gone stronger to the hole" hes lying and a certain poster knows what he "really" meant to say. Bonus: anyone who agrees with what coach said should "gtfoh with that bs".

Poll voters conspire to hold down our rankings

The announcers all hate us and secretly root against us

Coach williams doesnt recruit and refuses to offer oad's

Any time we lose a recruit its cause another school paid him off

Espn favors dook and hates unc

So sorry. If you're looking for respectful discourse in response to moronic paranoid deluded ramblings that embarass the fan base, program, players, coaches, and school, rather than the respone such crap deserves then u better ignore me. Cause it aint happenin.

Last edited:
Serious question, what's up with the guy over there whose screen name looks similar to @tarheel0910 who just keeps rotating his avatar between various pictures of the same Indian-looking chick, just with each one getting more and more revealing, yet no one says anything? That dynamic amuses me lol. Maybe it's his girlfriend.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT