ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina Basketball Discussion Thread

Is there a philosophy? I don’t think he knows what his might be yet.
I would say he only plays people with experience. It also seems like you don't play in the second half unless you did something good in the first. Last night was the first time he played a freshman for extended minutes. He's pretty much the exact opposite of Roy.

The question is going to be how is that going to work long term. Can the players stay fresh enough and out of foul trouble?

Reactions: heelmanwilm
@heelmanwilm started an interesting discussion in the football thread about the top ten teams you like to see lose in that sport. I thought it would be nice to do a similar ranking for BB.

Mine:
dook (of course)
caintucky
MooU
Michigan
UCLA
UVa
FSU
Wake
Villanova
Notre Dame

1. dook
2 Tie Marquette (Wojo HC)
2 Tie Northwestern (Chris Collins HC)
4 Tie. Harvard (Tommy Amaker HC)
4 Tie. UCF (Jonny Dawkins)
4 Tie. Notre
7 Pitt
8 tied : Any Calipari, Pitino or Pearl teams.

2 Tie Marquette (Wojo HC)
I wonder if Wojo still assumes the position out of habit.

788bd10d1af1a111fd747f77a03539cf.jpg

not Wojo but I'm sure K couldn't tell the difference from his perspective.

Last edited:
Good-bye YouTubeTV. After this afternoon the remaining gms are all on ESPN or acc network. So I'm cancelling. The speed/quality and dvr were fantastic, gonna be tricky to replace.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Good-bye YouTubeTV. After this afternoon the remaining gms are all on ESPN or acc network. So I'm cancelling. The speed/quality and dvr were fantastic, gonna be tricky to replace.
Yep, same for me. While I like YouTubeTV overall for the reasons you mentioned, it is ridiculous how many issues they've gone through the last few months (roku, nbc, epsn/disney/abc). I'm sick of them never seeming to get along with anyone. LOL

They are lowering my monthly bill by $15; and I can get espn+ for $7 so I might do that for now.

Yep, same for me. While I like YouTubeTV overall for the reasons you mentioned, it is ridiculous how many issues they've gone through the last few months (roku, nbc, epsn/disney/abc). I'm sick of them never seeming to get along with anyone. LOL
Eh, it's not really just YouTube TV. The issue is they don't have to bow down like traditional cable does because it's not their main business. And I'm sure it's just a coincidence that this will cause some people to switch to Hulu Live, which is a Disney owned platform. No way would Disney use that as leverage.

They are lowering my monthly bill by $15; and I can get espn+ for $7 so I might do that for now.
Not so fast my friend. ESPN+ goes through your TV provider. If you don't have a provider with ESPN, I don't think you can get access.

Just pause your service and pick up another streaming service until Disney and YouTube become friends again.

Reactions: blazers
It didn't work for me, but that was on my phone. I'll have to try it on my Roku. Is it live sports or just replay?
On my TV roku I went to the ESPN channel, and on the channel it had the option to get ESPN+, so I'm hoping it will work as it looks like it will. I'll try signing up later and let youse guys know.

ETA: I assume it's live sports for $7/month. I sure as hell aint paying for replays.

On my TV roku I went to the ESPN channel, and on the channel it had the option to get ESPN+, so I'm hoping it will work as it looks like it will. I'll try signing up later and let youse guys know.

ETA: I assume it's live sports for $7/month. I sure as hell aint paying for replays.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: TarHeelMark
This was pretty embarrassing. I'm just glad the ACC sucks. That's the only thing keeping our tournament chances alive.
lol... yeah, cuz getting to the tournament is really going to matter! The players will be so gassed by March, I shudder to think what it will look like.

Reactions: Heelicious
lol... yeah, cuz getting to the tournament is really going to matter! The players will be so gassed by March, I shudder to think what it will look like.
It's better than not getting to the tournament. Hubert definitely needs to figure out the bench though. I was hoping Lebo would help with that, but that hasn't been the case so far.

It's better than not getting to the tournament. Hubert definitely needs to figure out the bench though. I was hoping Lebo would help with that, but that hasn't been the case so far.
I don't think his assistant coaches are all that good, either. This philosophy of being a UNC guy is stupid, in my opinion. It's a great way to undermine your program. It's not the mafia.

I don't think his assistant coaches are all that good, either. This philosophy of being a UNC guy is stupid, in my opinion. It's a great way to undermine your program. It's not the mafia.
Lebo was a good hire at the time given the fact Hubert had no experience. He has a great resume. May seems to be a good recruiter, so it's worth it to keep him around. As for the rest... well, I'm not sure what they bring. UNC basketball is definitely too arrogant for their own good sometimes. Only hiring people because they are Carolina guys is dumb.

Lebo was a good hire at the time given the fact Hubert had no experience. He has a great resume. May seems to be a good recruiter, so it's worth it to keep him around. As for the rest... well, I'm not sure what they bring. UNC basketball is definitely too arrogant for their own good sometimes. Only hiring people because they are Carolina guys is dumb.
In your first sentence is Carolinas biggest mistake. One shouldn’t worry about an assistant coach when they are confident the HC knows what he is doing. There is your proof this was a bad decision from the get go. No search was made. The fix was in and Roy, with all good intentions I’m sure, has left the Heels in a very very bad position.

RW had to have Hubert as the coach. He loves UNC basketball so much that he wouldn't allow anyone else be the coach. That's a dangerous love for UNC basketball. Hubert might prove everyone wrong in the next 5 years or so. He'll have to learn a lot in a short amount of time. And, of course, it always looks worse when you get beaten by 40 points.

HD might regret statements like in the post-game PC after the TN loss where he declared that lack of heart or lack of presence, or whatever, would "never happen again..."

In less than a month, it happened again. Those kids don't feel the same way about UNC basketball that he feels.

And, on a different note; Kerwin Walton has become a ghost.

Oh, and coming out flat in the first-half is typical UNC play. Coming-out totally flat in the second is a new thing. They played like ass for 38 minutes. And, they gave up 58 points in the 2nd half, too!

Reactions: Heelicious
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT