ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina Basketball Discussion Thread

My analysis: We aren't very good. Also, our coach is coaching like someone who hadn't coached a single game before this season started.

Hope this helps.
I honestly think he is to nice to his team. Hubert may have to change his soft approach of "Guys, let's talk this out"

Needs to put on a military campaign hat and dog fundamentals into the team as a whole. There will be growing pains from this. If Roy was grooming him all these years, he should have sent him away to gain experience.
As of right now, the future isn't bright.
If dook does that to us, it will be hard to support them beyond that.

Reactions: Old_School59
The good old boy system kicked us in the nuts when Dean left after Gut, when Roy wouldn't come, and now its doing us again it only works when you have a coach with 25 years of HC experience sitting somewhere waiting on the call.

What kind of delusional person, things that you can just pick a person from another profession and "groom" them to be something else and it just work, without any direct experience?

Hell Roy didn't even pick HD to take over in games when he would have an episode and fall out during the game! He always put Robinson in charge!

I honestly think he is to nice to his team. Hubert may have to change his soft approach of "Guys, let's talk this out"

Needs to put on a military campaign hat and dog fundamentals into the team as a whole. There will be growing pains from this. If Roy was grooming him all these years, he should have sent him away to gain experience.
As of right now, the future isn't bright.
If dook does that to us, it will be hard to support them beyond that.
There is a problem with that. Hubert wasn’t a “fiery” kind of player to begin with, so his personality will be reflected in his teams. If he gets another one after this one that is….

Great coaches can “coach up” effort and enthusiasm to a certain degree. Imo Roy lost that ability and that’s when he knew it was over. Hubert so far doesn’t seem to have it. Are they not dialed in to “todays athlete”? I dont know. But to
My untrained eye unc seemingly gets out hustled and out efforted most every game. A weak schedule hid some of that and a weak acc schedule going forward will help. Dang I miss the days of being up by 15 over these bums just getting off the bus.

Great coaches can “coach up” effort and enthusiasm to a certain degree. Imo Roy lost that ability and that’s when he knew it was over. Hubert so far doesn’t seem to have it. Are they not dialed in to “todays athlete”? I dont know. But to
My untrained eye unc seemingly gets out hustled and out efforted most every game. A weak schedule hid some of that and a weak acc schedule going forward will help. Dang I miss the days of being up by 15 over these bums just getting off the bus.
I said early on we had been exposed. 2 major games has proven that

BTW, our NET metrics are terrible after that Kentucky loss. And our ACC slate isn't gonna help us.

Any ACC loss that isn't to VT or Duke is gonna severely damage our tourney hopes.

Fun times.

I am LOL'ing at some of the UNC groups on FB. They are calling out fans who arent happy, saying "we all know why they dont like Hubert"

Are we allowed to be disappointed in anyone of color anymore and not be labeled a racist? Hubert is not above criticism. I've been on Roy for a long time as well. But the you Fairweather fans need to know your place is old. Some of the same ones calling people out for this are the same ones saying we are title contenders.
I grade by what I see. And what I see isn't appealing at all. If Hubert turns out HOF, I'll be thrilled. But I really feel it's going to be a long cold winter again.

I am LOL'ing at some of the UNC groups on FB. They are calling out fans who arent happy, saying "we all know why they dont like Hubert"

Are we allowed to be disappointed in anyone of color anymore and not be labeled a racist? Hubert is not above criticism. I've been on Roy for a long time as well. But the you Fairweather fans need to know your place is old. Some of the same ones calling people out for this are the same ones saying we are title contenders.
I grade by what I see. And what I see isn't appealing at all. If Hubert turns out HOF, I'll be thrilled. But I really feel it's going to be a long cold winter again.
Sounds like something a racist would say.

no.

Stay within the narrative @Grayhead. You have been warned.

Reactions: Grayhead
I've always been out of line. Making waves is fun.
isn't this a thread about UNC basketball? Do we always have to bring politics into every discussion? Or are you just one of those people who always wants to stir up shit?

Are we allowed to be disappointed in anyone of color anymore and not be labeled a racist?
haha-no-nope.gif

If ASU was even half decent, that would have probably been a loss. Was hoping Hubert would have them playing better after being embarrassed, but it looked like they didn't care about it.

Doesn't look like the uk loss upset the team much. First half looked about the same, just against a bad team.

My mom (who has dementia) correctly pointed out over the weekend that players continuously get away with crap that dean woulda immediately yanked them for. Lazy passes, bad defense, “showboat basketball” as she called it with all the dribbling then shooting. I don’t expect or want Hubert to be dean but she’s right. Of course since we’re evidently only 7 deep in Hubert’s mind that doesn’t give you many options on yanking people.

I'm taking whatever comes since it is his very first year as a real coach. He's learning it all. And, 9-3 is hardly a life-support record thus far. Garcia and Manek are main-rotation players and they're brand new to the team, too. As long as the players trust him, that's what really matters. If he has a lot of transfers, THEN I'll be more concerned. Fans had to know there would be a drop in overall performance given Hubert's experience level. I'm no basketball mind. My only question is why does he play Leaky Black so much? I just don't get his value on the team to get so many minutes.

Reactions: Grayhead
I'm taking whatever comes since it is his very first year as a real coach. He's learning it all. And, 9-3 is hardly a life-support record thus far. Garcia and Manek are main-rotation players and they're brand new to the team, too. As long as the players trust him, that's what really matters. If he has a lot of transfers, THEN I'll be more concerned. Fans had to know there would be a drop in overall performance given Hubert's experience level. I'm no basketball mind. My only question is why does he play Leaky Black so much? I just don't get his value on the team to get so many minutes.
I mostly share the sentiments above. But as far as Leaky goes, he’s been one of, if not the most dependable player so far this year. Can’t gripe about him playing.

I mostly share the sentiments above. But as far as Leaky goes, he’s been one of, if not the most dependable player so far this year. Can’t gripe about him playing.
I would agree about Leaky improving. He definitely hasn't hurt like he did in the past, but I'm not sure it's a good thing when a player like him is one of your best players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT