ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina Basketball Discussion Thread

I know Flipkowski is trending globally but, regarding Carolina Basketball,
last night at DES vs Miami

THE BEST PLAYER IN COLLEGE BASKETBALL
β›ΉπŸΎβ€β™‚οΈ R FREAKIN’ J DAVIS SCORED:

πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€
πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€

and we needed every single one of them, including his five
rebounds and four steals to escape with a victory.
His four straight second half heat checks are already legendary. 😲🀭😁😎
I wish I could remember who argued with me sometime back that Filipowski was a better ACC POY candidate than RJ. I wonder what he says now.

Reactions: Heelicious
i don’t think it’s simple and that’s the problem…first, the security needs an upgrade(takes payment), then it takes planning(which you never know)…some gyms have no wall at all, just go get you some player.

just ban it like in other conferences or get hefty fines…it’s up to $500,000 in the sec…i believe it starts at $100,000 In some leagues.
the students couldnt care less about a school fine. that is not the answer.

greatest birthday present of my life, still.
Happy berfday

I think that was the best overall conference game this season.

Give Hubs credit... he showed that he and his staff could put the right guys together and have them compete and succeed just like the fan base is used to. They will hand a regular season banner this year. RJ gets ACCPOY. This regular season was better than 2022.

I dunno what kind of tournament team they'll be, but HD and the guys proved they deserve top 10 recognition with consistent play in a regular season. I think it was @tarheel0910 that emphasized that HD's 3rd season would be the one to really measure his potential as a head coach going forward. If he can do this on a regular basis, the UNC brand will flourish for another 20 years.

Happy berfday

I think that was the best overall conference game this season.

Give Hubs credit... he showed that he and his staff could put the right guys together and have them compete and succeed just like the fan base is used to. They will hand a regular season banner this year. RJ gets ACCPOY. This regular season was better than 2022.

I dunno what kind of tournament team they'll be, but HD and the guys proved they deserve top 10 recognition with consistent play in a regular season. I think it was @tarheel0910 that emphasized that HD's 3rd season would be the one to really measure his potential as a head coach going forward. If he can do this on a regular basis, the UNC brand will flourish for another 20 years.
i think it was everyone predicted his third just based on nil and portal.

the greatest thing he’s done is let them make mistakes…maybe he was nervous about that last year, i don’t know…it’s hard coming off that run, and then to duplicate and exceed that is almost impossible.

this team can play any style, any time…the matchup in durham will be interesting because they(duke) are better right now than last time…would love to win the regular season title, just means more to me…i don’t care about the conference tournament anymore, i’ll watch, but meh.

eta: thanks for the hbd…did nothing today today but trade stocks and watch my youngest beat a hs rival in a tennis tournament…it was a good day.

Last edited:
They schemed Davis out of the game at the cost of leaving Ryan open and he made them pay. Dude really stepped up. Fuk dook.
I have doubts about Ryan's performance tonight. I can't decide which three point line on the 'Mike Sheshevski Court' should be called the 'Cormac Ryan Three Point Line'. Or which free throw line. Or which half of the entire court.

Cormac Ryan is the new Brady Manek.

NOTHING is better than sweeping dook. We owe them for the low-hanging W's they picked up while we were between stabilities.

GIRhSzGXAAA5Tsg

As an added bonus, I found this gem on Twitter.

Cringe face never fails to disappoint.

Just saw Houston for the first time as they toyed with Kansas and won by 30. holy fuking shyt. Thats my natl champ choice for the tourney bracket.
the caveat to that squad is scoring, offensively…i agree, they look ridiculous some nights…i still can’t not pick uconn.

for me, maybe just me, i don’t even care about the acct unless carolina is in the final vs state or duke.

it really hasn’t meant anything to me since the 1990’s…nothing can take away a regular season league title in any sport.

for me, maybe just me, i don’t even care about the acct unless carolina is in the final vs state or duke.

it really hasn’t meant anything to me since the 1990’s…nothing can take away a regular season league title in any sport.
I used to be in a crowd of mostly Carolina fans who went to the beach every year to party and watch the tournament. That made it special. When it was winner or nothing it produced maybe the best BB game ever played, and those times were special beyond description. Other than that I'm like Roy now that not only the winner goes to the NCAA....'I don't give a damn about the ACC tournament'.

the caveat to that squad is scoring, offensively…i agree, they look ridiculous some nights…i still can’t not pick uconn.
Or Houston!

UNC looked really good these last 3 games. If they can play on that level for the rest of the post-season, I think they can beat any of the #1 seeds.

Haven’t seen UConn. I really hate hearing there’s someone else that might be better cause i wouldn’t give us much of a chance against houston

Haven’t seen UConn. I really hate hearing there’s someone else that might be better cause i wouldn’t give us much of a chance against houston

I feel like we are a Final Four worthy team. But the top three- Houston, UConn, and Purdue- they're head and shoulders above everyone. It would be tough to beat them even on a good night.

Reactions: blazers
MEMO TO THE DOZEN dookies IN THE STUDENT SECTION DRESSED AS WILLIAMSBURG
TOUR GUIDES:

YOUR ENSEMBLES AND POWDERED WIGS ARE DUE BACK AT OUR SHOP BY 12 PM
SUNDAY, MARCH 10, 2024.*

*late charges and incidental cleaning charges will be subtracted from your deposit fees.

And it’s gonna suck trying to get blue paint out of those white knickers. πŸ€”

there’s some video out of scheyer going into the stands or addressing seniors in a section and apologizing to them…lol, wtf is going on there.

• Haha
there’s some video out of scheyer going into the stands or addressing seniors in a section and apologizing to them…lol, wtf is going on there.
He was apologizing for the loss and said something like I'll do better. Don't remember the exact words. Probably should have spent his time addressing the fans throwing shit, but I guess that wasn't important.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT