ADVERTISEMENT

2018 recruiting thread

We have that 2nd QB commit in the class that Fedora wanted: Jace Ruder.

I'm not the big fan of signing 2 QBs in a class, unless at least one has the skills set and mindset to be switched to another position. But Ruder seems to be a rising QB prospect. If Shough were to de-commit, Ruder is very nice to have on the list, eliminating late scrambling.

I hope we can get the 2 DT in NC in the class...
I assume you mean Jordan Davis and Rick Sandidge. Yep, that pair could control the middle of the line of scrimmage. Davis and Sandidge in the middle and Wilson and Hollifield at LB.

Now that would set up the kind of brutal Tar Heel D that Bill Dooley would have loved.

Reactions: KOOL123
Just lost another one with white committing to Georgia. So much for keeping the top talent in state. This sucks but looks like we never really had a chance.

When was the last time the number one recruit in NC stayed in state? Thought I read somewhere this makes eleven years in a row the top recruit has left the state.

Some really good North Carolina kids this year...Some that FSU has interest in:

DT's.... Jordan Davis and Rick Sandidge...both 4 star and 3 star Alim McNeil....

Davis is being recruited hard by FSU, Florida, and Georgia among others.....Sandidge is being recruited by everyone...Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, FSU, Georgia, LSU, and on...

LB...Dax Hollifield (4 star) is getting a lot of looks...FSU likes him a lot and thinks that UNC is in the lead but has him penciled in for an official visit during the Miami game.

OT...William Barnes (4 star)...FSU thinks UNC front runner...but would love to turn him.

When was the last time the number one recruit in NC stayed in state? Thought I read somewhere this makes eleven years in a row the top recruit has left the state.
That's the kind of thing that happens when the state becomes known as a 'basketball state.'

With this class, losing that Top NC recruit will not hurt, if we add Dax and Davis and Sandidge to go along with Wilson and Brown and Jones.

Anyone hearing anything on Jordyn Adams..I know we're the leader according to 247 but was wondering if anybody had heard anything! Pretty sure he's announcing July 3rd (Monday)

July 3...was what he told the Clemson Insider...He had narrowed it down to UNC and Clemson he said, as top two.

Most have UNC as his choice.

Reactions: CarolinaBlue5
July 3...was what he told the Clemson Insider...He had narrowed it down to UNC and Clemson he said, as top two.

Most have UNC as his choice.
He plays baseball as well. UNC, Clemson, and LSU all were clear they wanted him for both sports. Saban tends to frown upon 2 sport athletes.

His dad back in Chapel Hill should tip it to UNC. But Dabo is very personable and persuasive. He attracts players. And now he can say that he has won a National Championship.

He plays baseball as well. UNC, Clemson, and LSU all were clear they wanted him for both sports. Saban tends to frown upon 2 sport athletes.

His dad back in Chapel Hill should tip it to UNC. But Dabo is very personable and persuasive. He attracts players. And now he can say that he has won a National Championship.

Yeah with his dad being in Chapel Hill you would think he would be ours, but you never know! He would be a nice pick up to add to our class

Reactions: Archer2
People are saying he could be the Nations top WR when all is said and done...Adams....

Looks like Georgia is recruiting another stud RB (James Cook) hope this makes white take a look at us and maybe pull another Hood situation.

People are saying he could be the Nations top WR when all is said and done...Adams....
wouldn't surprise me.. Watched the highlights from the opening, and he was embarrassing the top DB's in the nation.

Is he good enough to be drafted in the next MLB draft?
Some people think so.

I would guess, though, that he feels his better bet for a Pro career is in football. I think he would prefer to play both sports in college.

Now we need 3 more NC 4*s: 2 Dts and 1 LB.

Reactions: Archer2
Awesome. Is he still planning on playing baseball as well? If I remember correctly coach Fox said he wanted him to play.
I assume that he will play baseball as well. He should be coveted by MLB, so playing top league college baseball is a great safety valve in case of an injury that precludes an NFL career.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Looks like we're trending for Dax and Barnes on 247 (not that it means we get them) but if we could get both of them and a couple nice d-linemen and maybe another end, I would feel great about this class, especially defensively!

I assume that he will play baseball as well. He should be coveted by MLB, so playing top league college baseball is a great safety valve in case of an injury that precludes an NFL career.
Good point. I just saw where he achieved the rare honor of being named a double all American in football and baseball. Let's hope he can live up to the hype in both sports.

Reactions: grillheel

I know we missed on White but what about this kid....24/7 says UNC but I know how that goes...NC kid..Good size and speed and plays in the system we run....

Good point. I just saw where he achieved the rare honor of being named a double all American in football and baseball. Let's hope he can live up to the hype in both sports.
We have yet to win a National Championship in either sport. Perhaps Adams can play on the Tar Heel football and baseball teams to first do that.

I doubt that anybody else has ever done that: played on two teams that won its school's first National titles in those sports.

We have yet to win a National Championship in either sport. Perhaps Adams can play on the Tar Heel football and baseball teams to first do that.

I doubt that anybody else has ever done that: played on two teams that won its school's first National titles in those sports.
He's got a decent chance to do it in baseball. Unfortunately, I'm less optimistic about football. At this point I'd settle for a NY6 bowl.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT