ADVERTISEMENT

2018 recruiting thread

^ and sounds like State is pushing hard for Jordan Davis too. Worst case scenario is if someone committed flipped, like Collins to Miami, and then if State gets Alim as well as someone else good. Of course VT has a chance to have a really good class too.

A couple of nice pick ups in the last 2 days. Still a small recruiting class at this point but hope things continue to build. Fairly low team rating right now (45-50) because of the low number of commits but our average star rating is good. I think we are tied for 15th with Lawrence committing. I know the star ratings haven't always panned out for us but I'd still rather have a 4* over a 3*.

Boletepeli committed to NCSU.

Chris Collins visited Miami recently, it would really hurt if we lose him.
With him, plus Fulwider i'd like to see a nose-tackle body and a big DE.

Jordan Davis went to UGA Nov 4th, so lots of 'crystal balls' on that other site are predicting him there. He's always been hard to get ahold of though, hasn't he?

Anyway, is carolina recruiting Davis as DT or OT?

Yes...Havelock is playing him more on defense, but UNC wants him as an OL.

Jordan Davis went to UGA Nov 4th, so lots of 'crystal balls' on that other site are predicting him there. He's always been hard to get ahold of though, hasn't he?

Anyway, is carolina recruiting Davis as DT or OT?

Would love to find a way to steal Davis

Davis is visiting UGA again this weekend, I think they are pushing for him to commit.
Is UGA after him on D?

We must get at least 1 DT this class. and we need 2. Real powers do not run out of DTs. And we could be short handed in 2019.

Reactions: KOOL123
Need 2 DT at least if they can take 3 I would be fine with it...
If we are recruiting Jordan Davis for OL rather than DT, other than Rick Sandidge, what other 'top' DT recruit do we have a decent chance of landing?

Is wanting Davis for OIT at least partly due to mess ups on the OL, its development and recruiting?

If we are recruiting Jordan Davis for OL rather than DT, other than Rick Sandidge, what other 'top' DT recruit do we have a decent chance of landing?

Is wanting Davis for OIT at least partly due to mess ups on the OL, its development and recruiting?
People questioned Davis as a DT pre-season (like questioning his motor or something, not sure). He's a huge, strong dude, but there were doubts. This yr his coach moved him to OL and he just looks better there than DL. UNC already had the relationship with him and said - yes please we'd love another massive athlete on our OL.

They feel good about McKethan, but in addition to Jordan and Veal, we definitely need another OT to groom for 2019 and beyond.

Josh Walker likes us... not sure how reciprocal it is.

People questioned Davis as a DT pre-season (like questioning his motor or something, not sure). He's a huge, strong dude, but there were doubts. This yr his coach moved him to OL and he just looks better there than DL. UNC already had the relationship with him and said - yes please we'd love another massive athlete on our OL.

They feel good about McKethan, but in addition to Jordan and Veal, we definitely need another OT to groom for 2019 and beyond.

Josh Walker likes us... not sure how reciprocal it is.

Jordan Davis to commit tonight per stuff on twitter.

Yes he committed to Georgia and credited Coach Scott when he was at UNC as being the first coach to offer him.

Losing Davis was huge. At one point I thought we were leading for him too. The kid was massive and could've helped a bunch. We must get better along both lines.

Forgot this I'm getting really sick and tired of losing top talent to out of state schools. These kids could and would really help us. If fed and staff can't do better give me someone who can.

Losing Davis was huge. At one point I thought we were leading for him too. The kid was massive and could've helped a bunch. We must get better along both lines.
Yep

We were all right on the OL, until Kapilovic became OC. I have doubts that he can be effective at both OL coach and OC.

If we don't get Wilson to recommit and Dax goes elsewhere then who do we turn to in order to get help at the LB position?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT