ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina Basketball Discussion Thread

Was it "kooky clique" that got under your skin? ;)
Nothing got under my skin. I just think that if they are going to call someone out then they should man up, especially since what they said was inaccurate. Anything I've ever said here I've said over there at some point.

Just messing with you. Note the wink.

Like you I thought those were cheap shots and also mischaracterizing opinions that don't line up with theirs. Also like you, not going to get into it with them. It's not worth it.

Reactions: Grayhead
I can't blame him for that. If I ask for a Milky Way, and I get a Snickers instead, I'd be really pissed off. I like Snickers and everything, but Milky Way is just on another level.

Milky Way won't change your disposition like a Snickers will . .

*Note ~ Milky Way is better if its frozen.

but Milky Way is just on another level.
giphy.gif

Reactions: coolwaterunc
I can't blame him for that. If I ask for a Milky Way, and I get a Snickers instead, I'd be really pissed off. I like Snickers and everything, but Milky Way is just on another level.

Are you insane? If I polled 100 people on which candy bar was better, Snickers wins in a landslide. I'm thinking 90-10. And that's being generous. Milky Way's are bland and they don't do shit to fill you up. Snickers are like a meal. Plus, any chocolate with nuts is better than any without.

Are you insane? If I polled 100 people on which candy bar was better, Snickers wins in a landslide. I'm thinking 90-10. And that's being generous. Milky Way's are bland and they don't do shit to fill you up. Snickers are like a meal. Plus, any chocolate with nuts is better than any without.
GSD talking about doing a poll?

planetgonemad.gif

Well yeah, if I want something to help fill me up, I'll take the Snickers, but if I just want a candy bar for the sake of just eating one, I'm taking Milky Way. Simple is better, and you can't beat the simple combination of chocolate and caramel.

So what did you guys think overall of the game against Pembroke?
Defensive rebounding stunk.
My son and I were on the only row in the DES that was full that night and he had a 300 lb guy beside him and I had a 250+ beside me. So we moved near courtside in 2nd half.
Back to the game..It's just hard to tell much against a foe so over matched,
We did hit open 3's which is something we haven't always done.
Luke played really well and so did Kenny Williams.
I really thought Hicks would take over but he didn't.

Cautious Optimism

Yeah I didn't see anything that scared me other than the rebounding. Some of that has to do with the sheer number of misses, but still we should be getting 2:1 or better against a team like that, not close to even.

Bradley is going to be a really nice piece of the puzzle.

Saw some nice shots and some nice plays all around. Again, you can only tell so much.

Berry did Berry things.

Regardless of the opponent . . it was nice to see our team shoot 76% from the FT line. Hicks was 6-6 . .

Reactions: JuleZ '02 HEEL
Bradley is going to be a really nice piece of the puzzle.
This was probably the biggest takeaway for me. I really like this young man's game and potential. He seemed absolutely dialed-in when he was on the floor. There's a certain intensity about him that I think has been missing from the team the past few seasons.

We shot really well in all three areas (FGs, 3FGs, FTs) but the Braves didn't offer much resistance. Seeing an opponent -- any opponent -- get off 95 shots is a concern, though.

This was probably the biggest takeaway for me. I really like this young man's game and potential. He seemed absolutely dialed-in when he was on the floor. There's a certain intensity about him that I think has been missing from the team the past few seasons.

We shot really well in all three areas (FGs, 3FGs, FTs) but the Braves didn't offer much resistance. Seeing an opponent -- any opponent -- get off 95 shots is a concern, though.

I said a couple months ago that I think Bradley will be our best big come March.

Not gonna lie, I'm cautiously optimistic about Maye's impact this year. Outside of Berry (who apparently did whatever he wanted whenever he wanted), Maye might have been our best player. Granted, it was DII level competition. But he was terrific. If we can get that kind of play from him, our frontcourt is not only going to be fine this year, but next year too even if we don't sign another big for 2017. Seriously impressed by Maye.

From what I read, Roy played Woods, Williams, BRob, Maye and Bradley together a lot...and we still won by 60. So that's promising.

Not gonna lie, I'm cautiously optimistic about Maye's impact this year.
I nearly spit out my beer when he drained a 3-pointer.

From what I read, Roy played Woods, Williams, BRob, Maye and Bradley together a lot...and we still won by 60. So that's promising.
Yes, it was a line change with the substitution patterns, so hard to get any sense of what the actual rotation will look like. Then again, Roy always tinkers with that until conference play (and beyond).

Reactions: heelmanwilm
30 offensive rebounds for a team that wouldnt win the nc high school title? Wtf??!! Sorry to be negative but that scares the livin hell outta me. I thiught it was a misprint. Is that a record? I didnt see the game but to me thats a huge red flag.

30 offensive rebounds for a team that wouldnt win the nc high school title? Wtf??!! Sorry to be negative but that scares the livin hell outta me. I thiught it was a misprint. Is that a record? I didnt see the game but to me thats a huge red flag.

I'm not but so worried about it. I didn't get to watch the game live (only highlights), but I'm guessing they missed a lot of shots. And I'm guessing they missed some so badly that rebounds came off the rim hard and at odd angles. You know you've seen that - we get in the right positions to get rebounds but because the shots were so terrible, they end up bouncing off the rim and into areas where we aren't. Maybe that doesn't explain giving up 30+ offensive rebounds but that might be part of the explanation.

We won't rebound as well as we did last year. That's a forgone conclusion. Brice was a monster on the glass. But we can be a better defensive team and I'd venture a guess that teams won't get as many shots against us this year as they did last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT