ADVERTISEMENT

Marquette at UNC—-Wednesday 24 February 2021

This is a disgusting performance and I doubt next year is gonna be better. If Roy doesn't adjust and get some F'in shooters and learn to guard the 3, we will barely be a top 25 team the rest of his tenure. I don't care if that is stretching it but the last 2 years have been dreadful.

Brooks a dunk 45-29 and thankfully the first half ends. Marquette is hitting everything and Carolina can not put anything in. The combination of Walton, Love and Black have two whole points and more turnovers. I am expect the locker room to be nasty and the team to play better in the second half. Brooks with eight and six for Kessler. Garcia wearing out every big that has tried to hold him...

This is a disgusting performance and I doubt next year is gonna be better. If Roy doesn't adjust and get some F'in shooters and learn to guard the 3, we will barely be a top 25 team the rest of his tenure. I don't care if that is stretching it but the last 2 years have been dreadful.
Even if we get “shooters” for some reason when they show up on campus they all of a sudden suck.

Roy just got a coaching clinic. This team is totally unprepared but "playing is better than practicing against each other", (its just hard to tell right now).

Even if we get “shooters” for some reason when they show up on campus they all of a sudden suck.
Thats 100% true. We also don't have an offense to get open shooters, and our half court sets suck. Everyone looks like they have to make scheduled pass of the set no matter what instead of having any creativity. Thats partly why we have so many stupid turnovers.

Marquette matches up really well with UNC. Love the game being added, but was like that's a toss up at best when I heard it is Marquette.

His recent teams and his coaching leave a lot to be desired. It’s all trending in the wrong direction. I have seen very few games that remind me of the old Carolina teams and these losses are coming against teams with less talent, but seem to play like they’re much more prepared.

Thats 100% true. We also don't have an offense to get open shooters, and our half court sets suck. Everyone looks like they have to make scheduled pass of the set no matter what instead of having any creativity. Thats partly why we have so many stupid turnovers.
Absolutely. There is no ability to think outside the box. Unless we can get something out of the break it seems almost hopeless. Once teams force us into a half court set we might as well turn the channel.

Reactions: gd15nc
His recent teams and his coaching leave a lot to be desired. It’s all trending in the wrong direction. I have seen very few games that remind me of the old Carolina teams and these losses are coming against teams with less talent, but seem to play like they’re much more prepared.
I cant agree anymore. The wrong direction for sure and hes still too stubborn to adjust his style even a little. Tired of getting athletes w no skill who can't shoot instead of getting any 4 year shooters.

Some of the starters other than Brooks needs to step up both offensively and defensively. 6 points from the other 4 starters is not getting it done.

It's like a broken record we talk about every year. Won't guard the 3 point line. All a team has to do to get a wide open 3 pointer is drive and kick. Every year we talk about lack of effort. Outside shooting is flat out putrid. What do we do we go get a commitment from a kid and his weakness is outside shooting. We've fallen off the map as a basketball powerhouse. Getting blown out at home by Marquette. Oh and by the way Sharpe is ready for the NBA,Lol.

This in no way shape or form should be a “toss up” game. At home vs a team that is 10-12. I don’t care if they have a couple bigs that are serviceable. The ONLY way this team beats you is by allowing them to drive and kick.. and it’s the only defense roy stubbornly continues to play...allow drive and kick and collapse it’s pathetic.

This in no way shape or form should be a “toss up” game. At home vs a team that is 10-12. I don’t care if they have a couple bigs that are serviceable. The ONLY way this team beats you is by allowing them to drive and kick.. and it’s the only defense roy stubbornly continues to play...allow drive and kick and collapse it’s pathetic.
Our defense is good..for a high school team. Where kids aren't as good at shooting the 3, or able to make cross court passes w ease.

So much wasted motion on defense scrambling to pressure the ball in places no one can score from, then giving up open shots. It's especially an issue this year when we play 2 bigs at all times. Opponents today play with smaller lineups with plenty of guys that can handle and shoot from the perimeter. I know Roy learned these concepts from Coach Smith, but the game has changed so much. UVA's pack line is successful in large part because there's so much less wasted motion and energy on D. They don't try so hard to create turnovers, they just stop the other team from getting decent shots. I think we need to reevaluate how we play defense.

Reactions: Tarheels39
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT